Roleplay Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place for roleplayers to come together.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am by Erik Daedalus Skorm

» To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 am by Kumarai Von Detton

» Carbon Copy - (Z and Artemis only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:57 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Under A Dragon Moon ~~Xnigona and Zeria Only~~
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Zeria's Soul-Torn Warriors
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» The Red String - (Z and Yoi only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:44 pm by YoiYumeo

» HI I AM A COOL FISH, LOVE ME YO
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm by Kumarai Von Detton

» Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» Soul Mender - (Zeria and Stryker only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm by Stryker

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Zeria Iiyasei
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_vote13To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_voti10To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_vote11 
Caleb
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_vote13To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_voti10To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_vote11 
Konayuki
Stryker
CarnifexDragon
Warder117
Kira Yamato
Kumarai Von Detton
Elmo
kreamator
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 135 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) Empty
PostSubject: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Blessed by music, a young woman has found her talent and love in playing violin and living the joys of nature. Her name is Silvi, and though she has finally reached her dream, it is only the first of many dreams to come…

~~~~~

Excitement of the purest kind flowed through the very essence of her being. The crowd was gathering for the performance. She couldn’t believe it. Aya – THE AYA – had asked her to be a violinist for her show. She had admired the dancer for as long as she could remember. Her dream had always been to be part of the amazing woman’s show somehow. And then several years previously, she’d seen a particularly stunning show; a male violinist had woven his magick into the music he’d played for her, and the dance had come alive and settled into the souls of all who watched. She remembered being so inspired by the performance that she had taken up violin immediately. At the most recent performance before this one, she had joined the festival as a solo violinist, and played bright fiddle tunes for everyone while dancing around the stage and having fun. Aya had seen her play, and invited her to be part of her performance the next festival. Silvi was so excited, she could hardly contain herself. As she warmed up off to the side of the stage, she bounced around and giggled with pure delight.

The call finally came to be seated. She moved to her designated place. She could see Aya as she stepped onto the stage, and saw when the woman turned and bent down to kiss the same violinist she had seen at the performance that had made her take up violin herself. Silvi smiled. They had a powerfully loving glow to them, and Silvi sent up a silent wish that someday she found a love that strong. Aya made her way to center stage, where she introduced herself and thanked the crowd for coming to see her dance. The will-o-wisps were in place already, so when she bowed, Silvi lifted her bow to the strings of her violin. It was time. The first few songs were ones Silvi had practiced many times over; they were the usual dances from Aya’s performances. However, Silvi had been given a special song to help play at the very end that she was greatly looking forward to.

It felt like forever until the final song, but Silvi didn’t mind. Aya’s performances were always wonderful, no matter which dances she did. When the time did come, however, Silvi was incredibly excited all over again. There was a pause as the empty chair beside her was filled…by someone she could never have imagined getting the chance to play with. The violinist, Aya’s mate, had taken a seat next to her. She looked up at him in disbelief, feeling too small compared to the massive warrior of a man. He smiled down to her, a deep kindness in his eyes. His voice as he spoke to her was in a rich melody, fire and ice blending in perfect harmony.

“I see my wife found a very talented violinist to aid her performances when I cannot. Let’s put on one hell of show”

Silvi stammered out a “thank you” somehow, feeling like she had just been blessed by a god, and lifted her bow to the strings. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She knew she could do it. She had rehearsed and practiced so hard, sometimes going without sleep so she could be good enough for Aya’s show. Now was the moment where she could put all of that practice to purpose. She couldn’t be more ready. She felt the first trickles of her own magick start to ripple through her as she dragged the bow across the strings, the music all left to her for the opening. The song was a tale of sea adventures, and of the both the joys and trials of them. She knew when Aya’s mate began to play, because Aya’s dancing came to live on the stage, images of rolling tides and a storm made of pure magick. She couldn’t hold back her own magick either, the silver glow spreading along her skin as she lost herself in the music and the tale woven by it.

She was in perfect unison with Aya’s mate, their violins singing a rhythm that she was sure would never be replicated in the entirety of her existence. The sounds of the cheering, awed crowd were mere background noise as the music crashed through her in the tidal wave they were creating with music and magick. She felt Aya’s mate shift as his power amplified and the images felt more real than before. Aya was all too stunning as she flowed across the stage and danced her battle with the sea. Silvi felt tears well in her eyes, joy manifested as the last slurring notes of the song lingered in the air and the magick dissipated, leaving a shimmering glisten behind. She felt a large hand on her shoulder and turned her head to see that Aya’s mate smiling at her.

“You did great, kid. Good job. You’re welcome back with us any time”
The tears welled a lot faster and trickled down her cheeks.
“Really…?”
“Really. Now go on and enjoy the rest of the festival. You’ve earned it”
“Th…thank you…thank you so much…”

She started to pack up her violin, but was interrupted as Aya herself came down from the stage and smiled. Silvi stared into the woman’s yellow eyes and nodded to her.

“Th-thank you, M-Miss Aya! It was an honor to play for you! I-“

She stopped as Aya giggled and held up a hand to silence her.

“Relax. I’m the one who should be thanking you. You made my new dance all the more wondrous. I do hope you’ll play at the next festival for me”
“Of course! I’d be honored!”
“Now now, none of that. Go on. You’re young. Enjoy the festival to its fullest. I need to go attend to my husband and that devious smirk he’s wearing so openly”

Silvi blushed and nodded, watching Aya as she walked away and traced a finger along her mate’s chin, winking at him and disappearing to her tent. She shook her head to clear it, and packed her violin up, heading to go sit by the fountain. It was her favorite place, especially when it was lit up with all the will-o-wisps. She sat down on the edge of it, breathing in deeply, the sounds of the festival in full swing around her. She glanced up at the night sky, clear and filled with stars, the full moon shining bright, and smiled. The world was beautiful. Simply beautiful. She glanced around, taking in the sights. People were everywhere, buying little baubles and trinkets from merchants or going to see the various performances or eating the delicious foods that had smells in the air making her salivate at the mere thought of tasting them.

She took the chance to drink some water, then headed to the open area with a smaller stage. A violin quartet was on stage, playing lively jigs that the crowd of people danced openly to. She smiled and meandered through the people to find a more open spot at the center of the dancing, and started to dance herself. She spun and laughed and let all of her cares melt away, feeling freer than she’d ever felt before. She spent an hour at least just letting herself dance, before the quartet suddenly moved into a slower song…one for couples. With a frown – and a little bit of sad loneliness echoing in her heart – Silvi moved out of the center and off to the side of things, taking a seat on a bench, just looking in at everyone. Couples old and young danced together, holding one another and sharing a beautiful moment that Silvi could only dream of.

She put her head down, sighing and shaking her head. No one ever asked her to dance. She was plain in comparison to all the girls with their long flowing locks of hair and elegant mannerisms. She was small and skinny, with brown hair only reaching her chest, and people always treated her like she was a child, despite that she was not. Silvi had tried her hardest to look beautiful on several occasions, the festival included. She had put on a pretty green dress that reached her knees, black leggings, and even put a flower in her hair. That didn’t even include the awful attempt she’d made to put on makeup, which she had cried through the process of and ultimately removed, only to leave a gloss on her lips to moisten them. She frowned, playing with the emerald-set, silver, knotwork pendant around her neck, and sent up another silent prayer.

-Please….whatever powers may be………please let someone ask me dance…..even just this once…-
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 2:26 pm

"Yay! its today its TODAY" Gerda yelled as she grabbed the young mans hand and began to pull with all her might, her smile infectious to anyone around her. It was a bright clear day, the sky clear and sunny. The man rolled his eyes as he was pulled along by the girl, who had seen no more than ten summers now. Every year she would do this, tug him down the road towards the festival. He hid a small smirk and heaved a sigh "Oh Gerda every year you do this.. drag me to the same festival year after year and its always the same constant thing over and over..." He let his words fade and sighed again in annoyance. Every day it felt like routine, like there was never any change. He yearned to be free and break the habit of it. But he could not resist his sister's  happiness which  made him smile but also gave him pain . "You do this cause you love me Rai. Admit it" Gerda said with a giggle.  "Don't worry, I know it will be fun, maybe even different this time" she added. He shook his head again but followed her in silence.

They spent most of the day going to random booths, the smells of the food enticing to the senses. Rai pulled his hood up and close, for walking in a village of mostly humans, they would see him as an oddity. Gerda squealed in delight as she came across the jewelry booth. Her eyes sparkled as they roamed over the precious jewels and head pieces. A look of longing came over her face as she spotted such a headdress of gold chain and mini emerald jewels set across each line. Her smile wavered, she knew she didn't have the money for it. But Rai saw her look and pulled out his sack of coins he'd been saving for her and paid for it. With gentle hands, he set it on her head. "Thank you Rai! It's beautiful!" Before he could respond, he heard the music begin to play. People began to move towards its source. He knew Gerda loved to hear the music. "Go on and get front row Gerda" he said and watched her sprint towards the crowd.

He hung back as it began. He knew the performers.. always the same ones. Aya the dancer and her mate beside her. Although she was lovely to watch and he just as skilled with that violin, it was all the same performance to him. He walked over towards a tree and waving his fingers as subtly as he could, raised on an air pocket that floated him up to the branch where he could keep an eye on his sister. He leaned back and closed his eyes halfway as the music washed over him.. Hours passed and still he sat watching the people be mesmerized by the images the music was creating. Ahh the wonders of the Magick. Just as he was about to hop down since it was the last song, a change in the music caught his ear. The long pointy ear of his heritage twitched as the notes hit home. This was someone else who struck it. He sucked in a breath and sniffed, his gaze sharpening as it landed upon a woman. ~A human?~ he thought to himself. But clearly she had the gift of Magick. Such a small petite thing, his gaze lingered for a a bit more on her as Aya performed to the song. He was captivated.

He didn't know how long he had frozen but by then the crowd was beginning to disperse. Gerda ran to him, eyes wild and bright with wonder. "Did you see that Rai?? It was amazing! and that new woman she was soooo good. Just like that man!"  He shook his hooded head the trap gone and smiled some. "Yes Gerda I saw it. Now lets be off. It's getting dark and you need your rest." He looked to the stage again for the woman but she had moved from it and was walking towards the dancing section of the festival. "NO! I don't want to leave yet! You cant make me" she said and ran off towards the woman. "Gerda!" he yelled and chased after her.
Soon losing her in the crowd, he waved his fingers again to hover up to another branch to look over the crowds heads. He spotted her, dancing with everyone and very close to that strange woman. But soon the music slowed, and couples began to take to the floor. He saw the woman back off, her head down looking almost sad. He stretched out his left hand and swished it gently sending a current of air towards the woman his cloak hiding almost all but his sea blue eyes that glowed in the firelight. Leaves lifted and danced around her feet as the current of air swirled around her body almost like a sweet caress up to her chin to turn her head towards him so he could see her face. His eyes connected to hers for just a moment before  he heard his sisters exclamation "Hey its you. The woman from the show! You were so amazing with your violin and... and.." she started to swoon and fall but before she landed,  a cushion of air swept beneath the child catching her then  moving her gently to the ground....
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:36 pm

She made up her mind to leave. Even though there would be many happy dances to follow, she couldn't sit through the couple's songs. The sadness just kept eating at her. The loneliness. The desire to feel like she was important to someone in the way the people in the dance area were. She wanted to know what love was other than just reading about it in books or seeing people display it around her. Silvi sighed, taking a moment to breathe. However, just as she was prepared to rise, she felt a gentle breeze. The scent of magick graced her senses. It smelled of freshly bloomed lilacs on a summer breeze, and the air seemed to beckon her a certain way.

She lifted her head, turning the direction it beckoned, looking around. Had the gods heard her plea? Were they giving her the dance she so craved? She saw no one approaching her, her hazel eyes scanning the surroundings thoroughly, yet she had the distinct feeling of being watched, and felt her heart suddenly freeze when she caught the brief glimpse of stormy blue before someone danced in the way. She looked, trying to find the eyes again, but they were gone. With a sigh, she shook her head and pushed to her feet, smoothing out her dress.

"Alright, Silvi...time to go home..."

It was then that the small girl was there, her excitement quite visible. Silvi smiled. So someone had really enjoyed her performance. But the child suddenly fell....and was caught by the air before Silvi could catch her. She looked around, the scent of the magick back in the air, then turned her attention back to the child. She was unconscious. With a frown and deep sense of worry, she scooped the girl into her arms, carrying her away from the dance circle and laying her on the grass under a tree, placing her palm on the girl's forehead to check for fever.

"Oh my....what do I do...?"

Silvi glanced over her shoulder, biting her lower lip and trying to spot someone who could help. No one in sight. Even the patrol guards who usually roamed the grounds were hidden from sight. She turned back to the girl, brushing her hair from her face and fanning her to try and help her stay cool. Water. She needed to get water somehow. But she didn't want to leave the girl's side. She reached into her own magick capabilities, trying to pick out whoever in the crowds around her had a similar musical ring to their soul as the girl did. Bloodlines shared at least one strand of similar notes, even if the people were very different from one another. She had to seek out someone's help...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Gerda began to moan and convulse as beads of sweat pierced her forehead. Blood started to fall from her nose staining her pearly cheeks. What a fool he had been to take her out to this festival with her illness. Gritting his teeth in self anger he leapt from his perch and ran towards his sister. He skidded to her side, throwing the cape over her small body, which also pulled his hood down. Dark black hair with silver streaks like the stars streaking across the sky themselves, came into view. Long ears poked through with loops running down the length on the inside showed but most peculiar was that they fanned out with webbing in the middle almost like the fin of a fish. He took his water skin and pressed it to her lips urging Gerda to drink. Once she simmered down and stopped shaking, he whipped back to face the one standing to the side of him, his pupils going vertical as he gave a protective growl using his body to shield Gerda. He tried to tell himself that the woman was only helping but his dragon side was too protective of what was his. Damn his halfbreed self.

As he continued to gaze at the woman, his chest heaving, he realized the scene he was causing. The pleasant chatter of the people slowed as tons of eyes bore down on him, some of surprise, some of fear, some of... disgust. His eyes bore hard into the woman before him a final time before he lifted Gerda from the ground, threw his hood back up and dashed to a secluded part away from the people.

He found a small clearing and laid her down gently kissing his forehead. A tear shimmered on his cheek then fell to the ground, turning to a diamond as it touched the earth. "I'm so sorry Gerda I shouldnt have taken you here. All this excitement and with your illness no less. " he cut off and sat beside her til she would wake, keeping her warm. The smell of the woman lingered in his nostrils; he had her sent now. It wormed its way into his being and try as hard to fight as he would, he was still tempted to go back and see her face again.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:09 pm

He was magnificent. That was all that could cross her mind, even though he had startled her with his sudden appearance. His hair was streaked with starlight and his worldly appearance had her baffled for words. She could only sit back where she had fallen on her rear and stare at him in complete and utter amazement. He was clearly the girl's caretaker. And just like that, he was gone, running off. Silvi frowned, pushing to her feet. She was uncomfortable with the crowd, and quickly darted off to grab her violin case, before weaving through the paths to get to her grandmother's shop.

Once inside, she put her violin away and sighed, sitting down on her bed. Her grandmother would still be at her stall, selling clothing and accessories to people. So for now, she was alone. Silvi made herself a cup of tea, sipping it until it was gone and she was calm, then looked to her violin. It beckoned to be played more. She kicked off her tights, wanting to walk free with the earth. With a smile, she put away her cup, grabbed her violin, and headed outside. She made her way to a small gardens that was left empty because of the festival, and stood on the fountain's edge.

Her magick rippled through her, a cinnamon and spice scent that sparkled on her form in a silvery shimmer, the moment the bow touched the strings of her violin. She let it take hold of her and began to play. She poured out her sadness, and the unexplainable way the stranger had made her feel when he had looked at her. She poured out her need to feel loved. And she lost herself in the music, playing and playing and not stopping...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Gerda sat up slowly and looked at her surroundings. She wasn't by the woman anymore. She never even got to know her name. She pulled her legs to her chest and laid her head on top of her knees her fingers digging into the dirt. Her nail grazed upon something hard and she looked down to see a diamond half buried under her hand. She picked it up and turned to look at Kumarai who was looking at her. "Rai. This is yours what happened... what did you do to that pretty lady?" she asked softly.  Kumarai looked down and a bit guilty. " I didn't harm her if that's what you mean... I left before the dragon fully came out."  His long finned ear pulled back in to a normal yet slightly long looking elf ear... more "normal" looking. He stood up and walked over to her  and helped her to her feet. "Come on kiddo. We need to get you home."

He lifted her her to sit upon his broad shoulders and walked back the way they had come. The stars were out in full and Gerda smiled as she grasped  his neck and leaned back to look at them. "Mom said that when we die, our souls go up to the stars and become one. Do you think there will be a place for me?"
Kumarai stopped walking. "Aye. I believe there will be but why think of that now?? Your too young to be saying such things"
Gerda took a breath.  "Come on Rai, I'm not that naive. I may be young but even I know somethings wrong with me."
Kumarai began to walk again. "your way too smart for your age"
Gerda giggled softly. "That lady was so pretty. I wish I could have gotten her name so I can tell her how much I enjoyed her music."
Kumarai was about to answer when  on the breeze he caught the most marvelous melody.  He sniffed the wind once. Sure enough, it smelled of her. " Gerda you may get your wish. She's down the road about a mile."  She wiggled in delight and asked to be put down and started walking fast towards the sound of the music. Some wildflowers were seen on the side of the road and she scooped a handful and took a ribbon from her hair and tied it around the stems adding Kumarai's tear inside. The music got louder and soon they came upon a nice looking garden. Gerda whose laugh sounded like a bubbling brook ran up to the woman. "Hello again. Sorry if I scared you. I have a  sickness. My name is Gerda and I think your really pretty. Here I picked some flowers for you as a thank you for helping me. There's also a Tear in there as well" She said pointing to the diamond. Kumarai came up upon them and took out a celtic flute from his pocket and played it softly as the girl spoke. His lashes fluttered softly at his cheek as he closed them to the music then opened them slowly a bit of a smirk on his lips as Gerda talked the womans ear off.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:02 pm

She danced around the fountain, her music in the air like the echo of her heart. She was lost, the music not wanting to let her go. And it didn't...until bubbling laughter interrupted and she was able to pull her bow from the strings. Silvi turned her head, in time to see the little girl from before running up to her. She opened her mouth to greet her, but was silenced as the girl went on and on.

Silvi stepped down from the fountain, accepting the flowers with a small smile and listening to the girl go on. Though her attention shifted to the sound of a flute, and her gaze locked onto the mysterious man from before. She watched him for a moment, then looked back to the little girl.

"W-well...thank you, Gerda. I'm Silvi. I'm glad you liked my performance. It was my first time getting to be part of Aya's show. It was really wonderful. I'll make sure to put these flowers in water as soon as I get home"

Her gaze shifted back to the man. She tried to not look at him, even though she knew she was blatantly looking at him.

"I'm sorry if it looked like I was hurting her earlier or something....I didn't know who to go to for help. And I didn't want to leave her alone the way she was"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:17 pm

He pulled the flute from his soft lips and raised a brow "You sure you wernt using her to get to me?" he teased with a smirk. He saw her try and shift her gaze but the dragon had her stare. He chuckled softly . "So Silvi is it? Well thank you for trying to help my sister. Its been us two for so long I uh tend to be a bit over protective. So I guess for your help ill give you a little present from me besides the one Gerda here has put in those flower stems"  He stood straight and gazed into her eyes the pupil now round and normal but his eyes mysterious. "The names Kumarai." His focus moved to the violin in her hand. "Come Gerda we need to get you home and its a long walk"  
Gerda looked up with big pleading eyes. "Just a little bit longer Rai? i want to hear the music. Besides Silvi never got to dance the couples dance. You should dance with her!"
Kumarai gave Gerda an angry look as his cheeks flamed. He gazed at the violin again  " Oh alright but only if you stop pestering me and other people" he looked at Silvi again remembering the sad slump of her shoulders as the couple dance went on and eyed her violin again. "May I?" he asked softly holding out his hand for the instrument.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Silvi held his gaze, unable to break it. She was enchanted, and the blue pierced straight into her. Blue. It couldn't have been anyone else. It had been him back at the circle. He had been the one watching her. With the magick that smelled of fresh lilacs on a summer breeze. Her thoughts were interrupted by Gerda's brightness....and Silvi felt her cheeks flame just as much as Kumarai's did. She turned to the girl, shaking her head and stammering.

"N-no! It's fine! Really! I-I don't really...I...."

He accepted and she froze, staring wide-eyed at him.

"Wait, what....? Really...?"

She didn't know what to say. He was going to actually dance with her. And he wanted her violin? She didn't let anyone touch her violin, even her grandmother. It was precious to her. The only thing she really had going for her. If it got broken, she didn't know what she would do.

"What do you want my violin for...?"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 10:53 pm

"I can tell you wont part with it for anyone. Very wise. But no I have no interest in stealing your prized possession. I only want to enchant it so it leaves you handsfree to dance. However, I can see you dont trust me so I will show you what I mean to do." He took out his flute again and laid it flat in the palm of his hand. He closed his eyes and muttered softly. His hand started to shimmer than glow with a blue light and the flute lifted into the air and began to play itself. He opened his eyes and looked to her again with a nod as sweet music continued to flow from it. He held his hand out again as the light shimmered once more.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Silvi nodded to him, still very wary of letting go of her violin. Even though his magick was beautiful and she was amazed by what it could do, she still feared losing the only thing she could really express herself with, the thing that had given her a dream.

"It's the only thing I'm good at...please....be careful with it..."

She held the cherry-wood instrument out to him, her hands slightly trembling, nibbling on her lower lip with worry. Once he enchanted it to play on its own and float in the air, she stood silently. She had never danced with anyone like he was about to do for her. She was nervous and anxious and happy all at the same time, and had no idea how to feel about it.

"I-I...apologize if I step on your toes..."
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:16 pm

He was actually flattered a bit that she trusted him, a stranger, to something so precious. He could sense her excitement , her fear of embarrassment her nervousness. and the dragon could sense much more. It could feel every beat every movement  she made, her breath,  the softest sounds.  He moved closer to her  til  they were an inch apart his 5"8 frame towering over her.  Gently he reached for her hand and placed the other around her waist. " Even if you do step on my toes, I'm sure you'll be fine. Im quite nimble on my feet." He pulled her against his body and swung out in a simple waltz.  The elf in him enjoyed the fun but the dragon coveted this woman and wanted to make her its own. She tread a few times on his toe but if he felt it he said not a word. "You know, since this was your first dance with me, we may as well make it a special experience for you and one none of the other people at the festival had." Before she could ask a column of air lifted them into the sky not so far as to lose site of Gerda but  enough to clear the treetops and be under the stars. Their light shined bright, hitting the silver in his hair and making it glow. "Id use the wings but they'd be a little bit more unsterdy" he said with a soft chuckle. As they continued to swirl in the sky he kept up the conversation  his hands strong but gently clasping  her own tiny one. " So, I've been to this festival for years and never saw you before. Where are you from? and how can such a cute little thing such as yourself be alone here of all occasions?"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 pm

All it took was for him to touch her and her cheeks lit up bright red. She followed his movements, apologizing softly the few times she stepped on his toes. Waltz was fairly easy once you got the hang of it, and she was a quick learner. Silvi tipped her head up to look at him.

"Special....? How s-"

She didn't finish her sentence. They were floating in the air. The glow of the moon danced across his features, illuminating the starlight streaks in his hair. Lilacs. All she could smell were lilacs, and a hint of apple. She flushed at his words, shaking her head.

"I live here...with my grandmother. I help her as a seamstress. I'm surprised you haven't seen me before. I am here every year. I have been since my grandmother took me in after my parents died. I played a solo performance last year for the first time..."

Silvi's flush darkened further.

"Th-thank you for...the compliment....I'm...out here alone because I wanted to play in peace....away from the circle..."

Away from all the couples dancing and making her feel very lonely. Silvi frowned, turning her gaze down. And then she realized just how high in the air they were. Her breath hitched in her throat and she made a strained yelp, her arms suddenly banding around Kumarai.

"High....s-so...high....oh gods...."

She was trembling, clinging to him for dear life. She had never been so high up before. She was most definitely afraid of falling.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:55 pm

He laughed a hearty laugh elvish and yet not. His voice had a timber of multisound. His eyes brightened as she gripped him tight, her skin so soft against his own. He leaned his head into hers to rest upon it smelling  her hair. " No need to be afraid Lass I wont let you fall." His smile softened a bit and then he got a contemplative look. "Aye its true. I have never seen you before until now. Perhaps it was always because we left so early. Gerda is an orphan.  Her parents died when she was so young. I've been taking care of her ever since. The more excited she gets, the weaker she becomes. and yet, I cant deny her happiness to following the music for its what I do as well."  He looked down towards Gerda who was eagerly dancing in a throng of fireflies. He smiled and looked back towards Silvi and could tell it was more than just getting away from the circle. the dragon felt her loneliness so sharp and clear but he didnt say a word about it, letting her be the one to open up and tell him herself.  For her sake however, he brought them down to the ground as the songs came to an end and Gerda clapped her small hands. He wanted to know more about this woman especially since all the years he went to the festival hed never seen her but  it was enough for now as it was getting super late. The enchanted violin floated into her hands and he grabbed his celtic flute and stuffed it back into his cloak. He nodded  towards Silvi and cleared his throat "Well its been pretty pleasant  but we must be off. Perhaps I could swing by again and pay for a dress for my sis sometime" He gave a wink and lifted Gerda up onto his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:43 am

She felt him hold her a little tighter, the slight weight of his head resting upon hers. She trembled, her eyes closed tightly.

"O-okay...."

She listened to what he had to say about Gerda and their life. She found herself smiling at his willingness to give everything he could to the little girl. It spoke volumes about his character as a person, and brought her a sense of peace about him. He wasn't as much of a mystery anymore. When they descended and the music came to a close, she smiled and stepped back from him, grabbing her violin and cradling it to her chest.

"Thank you...for tonight...for...dancing with me..."

Silvi smiled to him, nodding at his comment about them making a dress for Gerda. She had made her own dress, after all.

"Of course...I would love to make Gerda a dress...something as lovely and bright as she is..."

She paused for a moment, glancing to him.

"Kumarai.....there's a really fantastic healer in our town....she's gifted with magick like I am, and she's kept a lot of our people healthy and prevented illness.....perhaps she could help Gerda somehow......"

She was kind of sad that he needed to go. She had felt accepted and like she belonged somewhere for once. She wasn't just the tiny little seamstress girl to Kumarai and Gerda. Silvi adored the little girl. Was delighted that she might get to see her more often. She packed up her violin, glancing over to him. She found that she just couldn't stop looking at him when he was near her. It was an impulse she couldn't fight. And she didn't want to.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:09 am

His eyes roamed over her, remembering every inch. Every impulse wanted him to stay there but every moment was time the dark ones would catch up. He couldnt involve her in his past... his dangerous secrets. The dragon fought inside him for dominance to stay. He reached out a hand towards her face to cup her cheek "She would love that im sure to dance in a new dress. A healer you say? Ive taken her to so many Ive almost given up hope that my own"....  he cut off quickly not wanting to reveal too much  how he sought to regain the power that was stolen from him. "Thank you for the information Silvi. I shall have to come back tomorrow and see" he began to rush  knowing they were closing in.. he would not drag this lovely woman into his world. Gerda leaned from his shoulders and kissed Silvi's cheek. "Bye bye Silvi. I had fun." and with a swish of his cape he flash stepped out and away leading the evil things away. "Gerda we stayed to long... hold on tight to me" He slid his hands under his cloak to his back  and pulled out the matching swords of bone just in time as a dark creature rushed from the side aimed at Gerda. Kumarai slashed out  his hands a blur as one by one the creatures exploded around them as they ran. They were almost in the clear until one came at his waist from one side knocking into him as another snatched Gerda off his shoulders from the other side. She wailed for him to get her and he fought viciously but more and more creatures bore down kicking him to blackness and her wails of terror faded  far into the distance. His last image was her tear streaked face  and the face of Silvi...
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:41 am

A strange little shiver rippled down her spine the moment his palm rested against her cheek. It sent a warmth fluttering through her, one that lingered even after his touch was gone. She watched him disappear with a frown.

"Farewell...."

She was just opening the door to her home at the top of the hill, when she heard the scream echo along the winds, the sound reaching her sensitive ears. She gasped. Gerda. She deposited her violin inside the house, closed the door, and took off in the direction the sound had come from, following it's trail. She ran as fast as she could, her bare feet carrying her quickly across the terrain. She didn't stop until the trail started to fade, and she saw a body on the ground. Kumarai. She gasped and ran to his side, leaning over him.

"Kumarai! Kumarai! Wake up! Please!"

She gently shook him, tears welling in her eyes. Someone had hurt him. And Gerda was gone. She trembled, looking around frantically for any signs of where Gerda would have been taken. She could follow the sound trail if she needed to, but she would have to leave Kumarai behind. She couldn't do that. She tore a scrap off her dress, trying to wipe any blood off of him she could. Her lower lip trembled and the first of the tears started to fall from her eyes, the cold drops plipping on Kumarai.

"Please....wake up..."

She was too small to carry him back to the town by herself. She didn't have the strength of the guards or the right kind of magick to haul him back. She was too weak. Completely, and utterly, useless...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 10:58 am

Her tears hit his skin, running from his cheek to his mouth. His eyes snapped open but they were anything but his own eyes. His pupils were the narrow slits of a reptile. All he saw was rage. He grabbed Silvi by the neck and held her tightly pinned against the tree. He lifted his arm back as razor claws elongated. He aimed for her head. But as his hand was about to strike, a waft of Cinnamon caught his nose and instead he clawed at the part of the trunk above her head at the last minute. The dragon had recognized her as something it coveted. No one had ever calmed the dragon in its rage before. His clawed hands sunk back to normal his eyes also returning to normal. He suddenly convulsed grabbing his broken ribs as he coughed out blood. "Oh Gods Silvi did I hurt you?" His eyes raked the tree now splintered above her head. He hung his own head ashamed and went to his knees. "Oh Gerda. I failed her... I wasn't strong enough.." he talked more to himself then. He yelled in frustration and pound his fist against the ground, his knuckles turning bloody. On top of that he almost killed an innocent.. and one who as much as he tried to distance himself from, couldn't.. and that would only bring her trouble. He knew what he had to do and it pained what was left of his heart. But he had to say it if she were to live.

He steeled himself for what was to come, blood dripping from his lips. "Silvi, if you value your life, your grandma, your career, then you should stay as far away from me as you possibly can. I cannot drag you into my world." The dragon inside roared in protest at his words and he tried as hard as he could to hide the hurt he felt at seeing her reaction to his words. Oh how he wanted to vent and tell her everything about him, his life, wishing he could have someone to talk to. But it wasn't safe for her and he knew it. Her parents already died.. how much more suffering could he bring her? He had only met her this once and it felt like she controlled his very being. Her music reached into his soul and made him feel alive and here he was pushing her away. But the thought of what those demons could do to her had made his decision for him... and it killed him inside.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Relief ran through her as his eyes opened, but it was short lived, and replaced by fear, as his hand went around her throat and pinned her to the tree. She yelped, then gasped for air, her tiny hands prying at his to try and remove it so she could breathe. Tears spilled down her cheeks as she saw the claws elongate. He was going to kill her. She closed her eyes tightly, bracing for impact....but it didn't come. She opened her eyes, trembling terribly, and looked to him. He was back to normal. But he was seriously hurt.

"N-no....I'm not hurt..."

She was afraid, for both herself and for him. And though she was not as badly hurt as he was, the bruising was already starting to appear on her throat. She sat in silence as he told her she needed to stay away from him. The words hit her harder than she anticipated they would. They stung. She wasn't good enough. She wasn't strong enough. She was only a burden to him. The tears fell down her cheeks with more frequency, and she bowed her head. It was her fault this had happened. If they hadn't come to hear her play again, if they hadn't stayed to dance with her and give her one of the things she'd so craved, then he wouldn't be injured and Gerda wouldn't have been taken. Their enemies wouldn't have had time to close in on them. It was all her fault.

And that was why she had to make it right. She lifted her head, her own pain in her eyes. Her voice was fractured and small, but if he listened closely he would hear the strength she was trying to muster in it.

"I'm...not big....I'm not strong...I'm not powerful...my magick isn't good for much..."

Silvi pushed to her feet, looking down at him. She was covered in dirt, and the bottom edge of her dress was torn from where she'd ripped off some of it to clean him up.

"I can track where they took Gerda...and I will..."

She bowed her head again.

"I'm not going to be help with much else....but I can do something about it. Grandma is fine without me. And I'm not much help to anyone else in the town. For once, I can finally put my gifts to use other than just for festivals..."

She couldn't back down. She refused to let herself. She lifted her head, clenching her fists, trying to look as big as possible, even though her cheeks were stained with tears that kept falling.

"We're going back to town and getting you healed up by Miss Lyria, then we're going to find Gerda. I refuse to be left behind"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Behind her bravado the dragon could sense how she truly felt, that she wasnt good enough for him and that thought seeing such a treasure think that way about itself was more than it could stand.  Kumarai looked up his face a different flash of emotions. He had hurt her with words and yet she wouldn't give up on him. He nodded and stood shakily to his feet. and limped his way to his bone swords. The piece of cloth from her dress was nowhere to be seen. With his back to her and the cloth woven between his fingers, he took it and tied it around the handle of one of the swords and hid them from sight back inside his torn cloak. She wasn't going to stay away no matter what he said, no matter how much of a bad guy he had to be to her and admiration for that came to his eyes. He turned slowly to face her,  every breath drawn sending a surge of pain up his body. He winced, ashamed again that he didn't have his full dragon powers and looking weak, but he nodded anyway. "It seems you are adamant about coming no matter what I say.  To try and leave you behind to follow would probably be a much worse fate. I will go with you to this healer no matter how far it will be" he stepped closer and wobbled  again and leaned into a tree to sturdy himself. Another wracking cough  spewed more blood from his lips to cover the ground.. He was so weak.

Shackled spread eagle to a dungeon wall Gerda woke trying to move. The smell of blood filled her nostrils as she saw the walls covered in it. Her little heart pounded faster when she saw half decimated corpses all around her. Screams of pure terror and defeat echoed off the the cold damp walls and down the long corridor.  The dungeon warden passed by her cell, his apron bloody and a wicked smile on his face as the tools of torture in his hands dripped with blood. He gave the girl a sadistic wink and continued down his way.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:27 pm

She nodded to him, still waiting for him to tell her that she couldn't go. She was prepared to go anyway, regardless of if he gave her his permission, even though she was afraid. He thankfully acquiesced to her will, and she smiled, moving to his side. He could hardly walk on his own with his injuries. She wouldn't be much support, but she could hold him up long enough to get them some help.

"Just stay still for a moment"

She reached up and covered his ears with her hands, took in a deep breath, and let out a loud, shrill whistle that carried along the winds toward the town. When the sound dissipated, she let go of his ears with a small smile.

"It's a trick I accidentally found when I was little...the horsemaster used to get so mad at me for doing it"

She moved back into a position for him to lean on her.

"Let's try to get as far as we can. I'm sure Buckwheat will get to us as fast as he can, but the more we close the distance, the faster we get you back to town to see Miss Lyria"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:43 pm

He nodded and stood still as she asked. He gasped a bit as her hands held and covered his ears. They twitched at her touch for the sensitivity of an elf's ears when touched was akin to the same as a human feeling their ultimate orgasmic pleasure. Chills and shudders ran up his spine but then the feeling was gone as she removed her hands. He sucked in a deep breath gathering his wits.

A small smile came to his face "What a rebel. I bet the Horsemaster had fun with that" He envisioned the horses going crazy running free as someone tried to round them up.  He leaned into her gently for support, taking most of the weight himself, each step causing him pain. He found the more he leaned into her, the more blood tarnished her dress; another thing he ruined " I hope this horse comes soon"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:47 pm

She smiled a bit wider and nodded. The Horsemaster had always glared at her for her trick. He'd even tried to have her arrested for stealing once, but she'd gotten free of the charges because she couldn't always control what sounds the horse determined as a call, and it wasn't like she could stop whistling forever. Silvi put that to her advantage on more than one occasion.

"He will. Buckwheat was going to be a show horse before the Horsemaster got Velvet, so he's good at jumping fences"

Silvi tried to give him as much support as possible, moving along at whatever pace he set for himself. She heard the sound of hooves long before the horse came into view, her lips curled into a bright smile.

"See? I told you he'd be here"

A beautiful Andalusian appeared, running down the path towards them. Silvi gave a softer whistle that sounded very akin to a bird, and used her free hand to reach up and pat the horse's nose.

"Shh, good boy. He's okay, Buckwheat. He's a friend. We've gotta help him, okay?"

She made a clicking sound with her tongue, and the horse lowered itself to the ground, making it easier for Kumarai to get on his back. Silvi turned her head back to Kumarai.

"He's a great horse. Fast, strong, and he'll get us back safely"

She moved Kumarai around so he could get on the horse. She would hop up after Buckwheat was standing again.

"Sit back and hold onto me tight. I'll navigate us back to town"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Her voice was soothing so he continued on listening to her talk about the fence hopping horse. He gave her the satisfaction of her triumph as he was lead to to Buckwheat and helped onto his back. As the horse lifted itself to stand, another shot of pain raced up his body and he fell forward to the mane of the horse. With the little strength he had left. he pushed himself back up allowing room for Silvi to hop on the saddle in front of him. "Usually I'm the one who rescues damsels in distress" he teased gently then placed an arm around her waist and laid into her, his mouth right next to her ear. "Your wrong you know. Your much stronger than you think... and wrong about how I see you. You've done good Silvi" he whispered the last bit before sleep took him, his head resting on her shoulder, his own silken black hair draped over them.

Gerda's whimpers began to cease as she thought about Rai and how strong he was. She must not disappoint him. She will be tough and strong until he rescued her. ~and he will come~ she thought to herself and it made her stronger. He would always come for her. He was after all, her brother and protector.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Silvi smiled, blushing a little as he leaned against her on Buckwheat's back.

"I'm never anyone important. I'm kind of just winging it here"

She blushed a little more, trying to focus on moving the horse to get them to town without him falling off. He fell asleep, which meant she couldn't make Buckwheat go as fast as she wanted him to, because Kumarai would fall off, and she was too small to seat him in front of her. She moved them along as quickly as she could, though, her determination burning brightly. By the time they reached town, the festival was winding down and it was mostly people dancing and enjoying their drink. Silvi knew it would cause a little trouble, but she wound through the back roads and to the back of Miss Lyria's home.

"Kumarai...it's time to get up...we're here..."

She patted Buckwheat's head, smiling.

"You did good. As soon as we dismount, you head back home like a good horse. I'll bring you some extra carrots soon"

Elena Lyria, a tall and graceful woman robed in white, stepped out of her back door to see who had come. She gasped.

"Goodness, child! What on earth happened?!"

She hurried to the horse's side, helping to get Kumarai down, then Silvi. Buckwheat did as ordered and trotted off.

"He was attacked outside town. He's badly hurt. Please, help him"
"Of course, dear. Let's get him inside and laying down"

Silvi nodded, supporting Kumarai (conscious or otherwise), with the help of Miss Lyria, and got him indoors, laying him out on a soft cot. Elena stood over him, her hands held above his form with a soft glow to them.

"You are in rough shape, good sir....what on earth happened...?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next