Roleplay Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place for roleplayers to come together.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am by Erik Daedalus Skorm

» To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 am by Kumarai Von Detton

» Carbon Copy - (Z and Artemis only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:57 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Under A Dragon Moon ~~Xnigona and Zeria Only~~
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Zeria's Soul-Torn Warriors
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» The Red String - (Z and Yoi only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:44 pm by YoiYumeo

» HI I AM A COOL FISH, LOVE ME YO
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm by Kumarai Von Detton

» Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» Soul Mender - (Zeria and Stryker only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm by Stryker

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Zeria Iiyasei
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_vote13To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_voti10To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_vote11 
Caleb
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_vote13To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_voti10To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_vote11 
Konayuki
Stryker
CarnifexDragon
Warder117
Kira Yamato
Kumarai Von Detton
Elmo
kreamator
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 135 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 1:04 am

She felt the shift in the way the footfalls hit the earth the closer they drew to them. Their attackers had realized that they knew of them. They were hesitant, having lost the element of surprise. The larger one pointed out that the female was small and couldn't hurt a fly even if she tried. Silvi smiled. They underestimated her. Sure, she was small and fragile. But she had a few tricks of her own for combat. She closed her eyes, her voice the barest of whispers as she stayed back to back with Kumarai.

"You'll want to cover your ears before you move to fight. I'll disorient them, but I don't want to hurt you. I know your ears are sensitive"

The three attackers had made their decision. They came charging through the trees at her and Kumarai. Silvi stepped away from Kumarai towards them, taking in a full breath as the silver shiimmer of her magick coated her skin.....and then let it out through an incredibly high pitched, shrill whistle that lasted for 10 seconds. The 3 men let out sounds of distress, trying to cover their ears, their weapons on the ground. She stepped back, the silver shimmer fading from her skin. It was Kumarai's turn now that she had made them drop their weapons, both the two skinnier assassins and the tall fat brawler.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 1:49 am

Kumarai  pushed his sword deep into the ground to make it stand on its own and did as she told him. He pressed the palms of his hands to his most sensitive parts of his ears  but could still hear that shrill whistle. He closed his eyes and tried to calm his mind. But memories flooded back, that whistle sounding also like the piercing scream  he tried to forget. He was taken down memory lane.

First was the image of his mother in all her glory flying triumphantly through the skies... of her holding him close as she sung him to sleep...and then it shifted again. The sound of true agony. It vibrated his very heart. He heard the the palace guards screaming and went to check the commotion. As he reached the bottom of the pearly staircase and went out to the courtyard of the Air Realm, a grizzly scene met his eyes. A severed wing and foot lay in a giant pool of blood but there was no body to be found.
Beside the severed flesh lay his very own  sword. The guards grabbed him  twisting his arms behind his back. His father came down shortly after. He cried out seeing the carnage before him. "I didnt do it" Kumarai screamed but lost in grief  his father didnt hear. The king of the Air Realm banished him to the world below. "Fulfill this prophesy and then perhaps we will welcome you back." they had said.

His eyes snapped open bloodrage clear on his face. He let out a primal yell and grabbed his sword and rushed to the disoriented figures 2 of them reaching for their dropped weapons. He parried one slash aimed at his ribs and drove the weapon down  to the ground using his momentum  he laid against the handle of his sword and roundhouse kicked the second one  across the face. He was a blur of movement, a maelstrom. So lost in his rage he continued to whack the guys down with the flat of his blade and went to go for the kill. The fat brawler snuck in and kicked the sword from his hand but Kumarai was to pissed to care. He would fuck them up either way. He kicked and punched the guys back down to the ground. The two skinnies were out cold. The fat one fought back  but was helpless against his strong blows. Kumarai knocked the fat one to the ground as well and lay atop him punching his face with both fists back and forth nonstop, his hurting mind frayed not caring that the mans face was becoming pulp underneath him. He only stopped when he heard a small voice  shout for him to stop... to not kill the man.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 11:45 pm

She wasn't prepared for the violence of combat. Kumarai's musical tones had shifted to very dark and dangerous. She was afraid, and she was worried. She watched Kumarai complete dominate the three men. First the two smaller men went down with ease. Then the fat one. Silvi gasped and covered her mouth, tears welling in her eyes as Kumarai kept wailing on him. She trembled, her voice soft and small.

"Stop..."

There was so much blood. Even though he was stopping, she still ran to his side and threw her arms around him, even with knowing she didn't have the physical strength to move him.

"Stop....no more....please..."

She trembled, taking in a breath and beginning to sing softly. She let her magick flow, encompassing the both of them and spilling music forth to accompany her. The first part was to calm him and settle his wild spirit. And then she let the beat of the drum forth, singing more strongly as the trembling stopped. She had to calm herself as well, even as she let go of him and backed up, letting her magick's power increase, the silver shimmer spreading outward and magnifying the depth of the music. She danced to the beat of the drum, spinning and leaping around on the grass. Her music was meant to cast away the darkness in Kumarai's music, and fill it with the light she created...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:32 am

His breath was ragged, his fist still clenched in the air, his eyes wild. He then felt small arms encircle his body. His eyes widened as his pupils returned to a normal round circle.  He looked at his knuckles now bruised and covered with blood.  He took a deep breath to calm himself and got off the guy. He saw her  dance and sing his mind clearing more and he watched until she had stopped before he spoke. "Silvi. Noone ever in history has calmed a dragon in a full bloodrage before. I...I could have hurt you. What were you thinking?" His tone of voice had some awe inside it but if he had hurt her.... He opened his pack and pulled out some coils of rope and tied the men to the trunk of a tree. When he finished he turned back to her with shame in his eyes. "It seems we have been delayed in our path so maybe we should stop here for now. When they wake, try and get them to talk and see what their motives are. I.. I cant be here right now... I need to calm myself and seeing them wont help. Ill go set a barrier around the perimeter to make sure nothing else comes by. Im so sorry"

He turned and walked into the trees for a few yards, his lingering mind still on the images of his past. Taking out 4 large crystals he planted one at each compass point to keep their signatures hidden from the demons. When he was done with that, he stopped by a small pond with a waterfall and collapsed to his knees. 'Great job you fool! now she probably thinks your a monster... and shed be right' He looked down at his body and clothes stained with blood and took them off, his naked very well built form gleaming in the slowly fading light and sinking into the water, swam out towards the pounding falls. The water soothed his aches both physical and mental. Still in the pool, he moved to the edge, the water just below his V-line, laid out his washed clothes and grabbed his pack from the bank along with his dagger. The wood started to take its form. It was a stringless violin. He continued to finish carving out the handle. Once finished, he then turned onto his back an floated towards the falling water and gently ran the violin under it to darken the wood and polish it. He took his hand and with a little Magick, he ran it over the instrument, sealing the darkened wood to a nice finish.  He went back to bank then, and grabbed a handful of ocean pearls and morphed and flattened their shape and set them into the handle for tuners. Last were the strings. He didnt have any handy but he had a good idea on how to make some. Reaching up, he went to the starlight colored streak of hair on his head and taking his dagger, cut a big, thick strand of it. He wasnt worried, it would grow back. Taking the starlight strands, he chanted softly. The strands glowed and became strong. He attached them to the violin. Now he only needed a bow for it. He found a stick on the ground that was a perfect size and shape. He sang and the Magick flowed through him shaping it for the perfect look. The edge of the bow was then lined with hardened crystal. He took his last remaining hairs and connected them to it. Now there was only one thing left to do... he would have to test it.

With his back in the direction of where Silvi and the men were, he took the violin and began to play a slow sorrowful tune.. a lullabye his mother used to sing him. As he played, tears leaked out of his eyes as he thought of her and ran along the edge of the violin, flowing into runes all along the entire edge. He had finally broke as the images he had kept at bay for centuries all swept through him in one giant emotional roller-coaster. Though they seemed like silver in color, when the  light hit it, the runes shimmered in all different colors. Coming to the end of the song he lifted his head and the last tears dropped on the middle of the instrument like little stars. He took a small break and breath and then another tune played. Images flitted and formed around him of Silvi dancing and of how he saw her. He was glad it he was alone for the moment, his wall finally shattered and wide open with the light Silvi gave him. He could still feel it reaching into his very being, holding back the darkness that had so long been in his heart and that her piercing whistle had brought forth. He did, after all, hate looking weak in front of others. The melody soothed him and he slowly began to relax. He hoped that she could see past the monster he was.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 12:17 am

Silvi didn't know how to answer his words, other than to nod and bow her head. She had calmed her fear...but not her worry...and certainly not the feeling of uselessness. She started to make a camp, building a small fire and stringing her massive hammock between two trees. But she wasn't going to be able to sleep for a bit. With a sigh, she checked the men that Kumarai had tied up. None of them were waking up anytime soon. To be cautious, she sent a musical string into each of them, guiding their minds into a deeper sleep so they would be out longer. She didn't want to leave them unguarded if they would possibly wake up, and she needed to bathe, so it was best to make them sleep.

She neatly piled her things into her hammock that she didn't need, and headed off into the treeline. She could feel Kumarai not far, and so she avoided the area of water he had chosen, instead seeking out a small spring that was nestled into a hill. Stripping her clothing away, she hung it on a tree and stacked the smaller things on a nearby rock, before stepping into the water. It was a comfortable temperature, and so she slid fully into it, the water line rising just above her chest as she sat down. Silvi closed her eyes, and let out her worries through a long exhale.

It took a few moments, but she found her sense of inner peace, relaxing and closing her eyes. The water washed away all of the negativity, and she set to work gently scrubbing her skin. She had no concept of time as she cleansed. She just stayed at peace, unaware of her surroundings. She heard the music, her mind focused on only it. A look of confusion came to her face when she heard a rustling nearby.

"Kumarai...?"

She looked around, seeing nothing. She frowned, trying to relax herself and shaking it off as that she was just being paranoid because of the earlier attack.

"Relax, Silvi...it's probably just a fox or something..."
"Guess again, girlie"

The voice hissed with cruelty in her ear, and before she could scream, a hand clapped over her mouth and another around her throat. She struggled in the water. She couldn't do anything with her magick if she couldn't make sound and if she couldn't be calm enough to do it without sound of her own. Her heart pounded all too hard in her chest, tears welling in her eyes. She was afraid. The terror of the situation only increased as the man started to drag her small, struggling form out of the water.

"I thought it was weird when my scouts didn't come back...good thing I took a personal look into it...I'm going to have a fun night"

He was so much taller than her, keeping her feet off the ground and nearly choking her as he worked to keep his grip on her naked form. She found her chance when she swung her legs hard enough to hit him square in his genitals, making him drop her and swear loudly. She bolted back into the water, curling up against the hill in the water to hide her naked body...and letting out a scream of absolute terror...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 12:48 am

Right as he hit the end of the song, he heard a high pitched scream of terror. Silvi! Only, it didnt sound like where he had left her. His ears twitched trying to locate the echo of her scream back to its source. He didint have the time to dress himself. There was no other way. He slid the violin under his pouch and hopped out from the water. His shoulders tensed and shuddered as large blue wings sprouted behind him. He lifted them high and in one downward swing, he rose into the air and flew forward. He sniffed the air once and had her sent. He was close. He landed noiselessly into the trees . He viewed the scene; Silvi in the water and a man hunched over in pain. He smirked a bit to himself. Wow! She certainly could take care of herself that's for sure. She needed to give herself more credit. He closed his eyes and lifted his hand and started to sway it in an arcane movement. Water from the spring hearkened to his call and flew towards the man and began to wrap him in a large sphere of water leaving only his head out of it... for now. Kumarai slowly walked out from the trees, eyes glowing bright blue, wings extended and completly buck naked. "You have one second to explain yourself, before I have this water cover you completely" he said in a low dangerous tone
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Silvi didn't see him come...but she felt him. She remained huddled in the water, covering her face with her hands to hide her tears and the bruising on her cheeks from the attacker trying to keep his hold on her. She felt afraid and vulnerable, and she didn't like that. She heard Kumarai threaten the man, and heard the man try to get himself out of the situation. The man trapped inside the sphere of ice thrashed a bit, looking at Kumarai and trying to look as innocent as possible. He nodded his head toward Silvi.

"She's the one who seduced me! I swear!"

Silvi felt anger and sadness swell inside of her. She hadn't done such a thing, and never would. It wasn't who she was. The idea of sex had never even remotely been important to her. Why would she even think about sex when she'd never even been kissed? Her voice was small, fragile and shaking.

"I didn't...."
"Liar! You tempted me with your body and sang like a siren! You bewitched me with magick!"

His words hurt. Her songs and magick were never targeted to force people to like her. The use of magick for coercion against the innocent was not acceptable. She curled up tighter in the water, desperately trying to hide her body, her eyes shut tight.

"I didn't..."

The man struggled in the sphere of water.

"You gotta believe me, man! Just look at her! She'd probably of done the same to you if she'd found you!"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Kumarai walked closer, his powerful gaze shifted once to the shivering naked form of Silvi and he felt her embarrassment at such accusations. He walked into the mans view, unashamed of his nakedness and blocking her own naked form from the mans gaze. "Yes... that really looks to be the work of a siren. all hunched, up scared, embarrassed to have a mans look upon her flesh." he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "Ive seen Sirens... know quite a few of them actually and I can tell you this now, it is not in the nature of a Siren to huddle in fear and embarrassment in a mans lustful glare." Keeping one hand raised towards the sphere of water, and giving Silvi her privacy without looking her way his other hand raised and moved as whatever water was left in the spring wove around her body forming a dress to cover her modesty. He looked back and continued speaking "So either you tell us the truth of why your really here and who you are or I'll.. " He was cut short as the quivering hilt of a dagger could be seen in his arm. Blood poured as he roared in pain his sphere splashing to the ground the man now released. Shadows of a small figure could be seen in the forest. 'Damnit those assassins are back.' he thought to himself
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:48 pm

He robed her in water turned garb. It was but a simple dress, but it would suffice. And yet still, she felt vulnerable, like she could never scrub her attacker's gaze from her flesh. She lifted her head enough to see the flash of a blade hit Kumarai, the blood, and her attacker released. Her eyes widened.

"Kumarai!"

She pushed to her feet, taking in a deep breath, diving towards him and covering his ears with her palms, before letting out another of her disorienting, shrill whistles. Whether or not it had disabled Kumarai's attacker, she was unsure, and that terrified her. She wasn't a fighter. She could do little, especially when she couldn't see who attacked them. She closed her eyes tightly, trembling. She could feel her magick welling inside of her too fast for her to contain. The ground began to rumble beneath them. Silvi choked for breath, holding her hands tightly over Kumarai's ears, even as the magick forced its way free of her.

She screamed, and the magick exploded outward from her body. The man who had attacked her dropped to the ground, screaming and clutching his head as blood began to trickle from his ears and nose. Silvi didn't stop until the last drop of her strength faded, and she dropped to the ground behind Kumarai, breathing heavily and trembling.

"Kuma...rai..."
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:08 pm

He felt the earth shake and felt her press her hands over his ears again. He closed his eyes but could still feel the thump of bodies hit the ground. since she held his ears it left him free to slowly pull the dagger out of his arm. As it passed his face he caught an acrid scent. A green sheen coated the tip of the blade. Poison. He was Immune to most poisons however since he didnt exactly know which poison it was he would have to wait for its symptoms to show. Whatever  it was, he could not let Silvi know.. He had to reach Gerda before and if he died. He would be strong for them. Whatever fate awaited him he was ready to accept it. He gathered her clothes in one arm.. the cut one and then picked her up in the other and flew them both back to where his clothes pouch and present awaited. he set her down gently , dressed himself, gathered his belongings  and lifted her back up on his back and flew in the direction they were going  for a few miles to get away from any pursuers.

Finding a clearing to land in  he settled down his wings slowly pulling back into his body.  He set her down and shot a flame into the dry grass letting  a small campfire grow. he quickly found and laid some stones around to stop the fire from spreading. "Man are we on the wanted list" he shook his head and sat down. Ripping the bottom of his shirt into a long strip, he covered the wound and handing Silvi back her clothes and turned his back to her for privacy. "Did you know that guy?" he asked then grabbed part of the knot in his mouth and tugged to tighten it. his foot hit his pouch and a wooden handle was seen , the pearls reflecting the moonlight
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Silvi was silent, even as he lifted her and carried her first to where his clothing was, and then to bring her to a safe location. She was exhausted. The explosion of the magick from her body had sapped her of her strength. She stayed where he put her, quietly shimmying out of the dress he'd woven of magick for her, and back into her own clothes. She neatly folded the one he'd made, tucking it into her pack.

"No....I've never seen those men before..."

Her voice was still small, barely audible at all. She settled in a spot on the ground, drawing her knees up and resting her head against them. She just wanted to cry and sleep for a while. No more violence or killing or bloodshed. She wanted to curl up in a warm bed and dream of music and peace....
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:43 am

He could tell she wanted to be alone with her own thoughts. He walked a few yards and found a dead tree on the ground. He gripped the end and pulled it back to their camp. He had settled in a meadow so noone could sneek in on them. The moon and starlight shown down upon them in the open sky , the wind a soft dance around them. Adjusting the log by the fire,  he soon sat against it thankful for a nice respite from bandits. He kept glancing at her periodically to make sure she was ok. "Get some rest Silvi, Ill take first watch"

He waited til she lay down before he looked towards her again. She looked so peaceful in her sleep except for the small worry lines. He walked over softly and squatted beside her. The firelight danced off her face to the music of her breathing. He reached out a hand slowly to cup her cheek but stopped an inch before contact. She wouldnt like a man she barely knew touching her. Instead he took the strand of hair that was over her face and put it behind her ear. Getting up, he walked back to the log and grabbed his bag.  He pulled out the violin and his now clean cloak. He walked back to where she lay and put his large cloak over her small frame to keep her warm and placed the violin he made by her head.  As he stood up, he winced a bit  the wound in his arm twinging with pain. He kept quiet though and settled back against the log. He stared at the hypnotic flames. That was raw power that came from her and she had no way to control it. He would have to teach her how in the morning before she hurt someone she cared about.. or herself.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Silvi didn't say anything. She simply nodded her acknowledgement of his words, and laid down in a comfortable position. Her hammock had been left behind, so she had no choice but to sleep on the ground now until she made a new one. It didn't take long for her to drift off. Her body was completely exhausted of energy, and called for a deep rest to regain what had been lost.

Her dreams were of the wildlands to the east, of beautiful forests and fields of flowers. She danced through them, feeling happy and free. She spun and run through the flowers, from dawn until dusk, and as the dream shifted to night, the full moon bright ahead, she stopped to stare up at it, having reached the foot of a spring of water. She smiled. The world was alive with music around her, and she basked in it. She stayed that way, through the shifting cycles, letting her own music flow and losing herself in the dream.

She awoke at the first sounds of morning, birds chirping and squirrels chittering, a warm breeze rustling the trees, the steady beat of the earth, and the buzz of a cicada somewhere. Her eyes fluttered open, and Silvi had to blink a few times to make sure she was seeing right. A violin. Right at head level. She sat up, looking down at it, then to the cloak in her lap. Kumarai. He had somehow gotten a violin for her. No. As she felt the music resonating in it, she knew he had made it. Her lower lip trembled and tears welled in her eyes. All she could do was cradle it to her chest, trying her hardest not to cry.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 12:13 am

Kumarai's eyes were still closed and he was still sound asleep half-laying against the log his face serene and vulnerable. His head was tilted to the side a bit covering his face and also showing the chunk that was missing. He was so tired of running, so tired of fighting, so exhausted. He hadnt even realized he had fallen asleep. The flames of the fire that hypnotized him during the night still shone in his head. The flames turned the shimmering aquamarine waters of the ocean, his home. He swam in the deep, seeing the ancient ruins. The water sang to him, coaxing him home. Fish of many colors swam throughout the broken columns. The coral was bright and blooming like an indescribably garden. He swam to the center of the building and passed through an invisible barrier. His dragon receded and he was humanoid once more. He was in the middle of the giant foyer a pearl staircase rising and twisting to the floors above. There were no walls or roof only a globe where the life of the ocean could be seen swimming by in every direction. And there at the top of of the staircase, his father in al his spleandor with arms wide to welcome him home. Kumarai took a tentative step on the first stair remembering that it was his father that didnt stand up for his accusation of the murder. A long flowing cape that looked like living water trailed behind him and a crown of whale bone set with sapphires sat upon his head. His smile was so inviting it made Kumarai walk faster. He reached his fathers outstretched arms and was baout to hug him when his face contorted fast into a demon with an evil grin holding a severed claw. He backed away and screamed...

Kumarai gave a yell and sat up quick his arm held horizontal dagger clutched in his hand. He breathed hard and fast and soon got his bearings. He rubbed his eyes as he heard the birds chirp and looked over Seeing Silvi clutching the violin to her chest. He said not a word but just looked not ready to speak until he calmed himself.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 12:26 am

Silvi sat in silence, clutching the violin tightly. It was the most beautiful and amazing gift anyone had ever given her. She didn't even know what to say to him. He was still asleep when she looked over. She watched him for a bit, feeling every shift his inner music made. She felt it darken, and then he let out a yell, awakening and looking very unwell. She stayed put for a moment, unsure of what to do.

She finally made her decision moments later, gently setting his cloak aside and placing the violin on top of it, before getting up and moving towards him. She knelt down at his side, reaching her arms out....and pulled his head to her, cradling it to her chest as she had the violin, gently stroking his hair. Her grandmother had done the same thing to her whenever she had woken from a nightmare, and it always made her feel better. She wanted to comfort Kumarai in the same way.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 12:56 am

As soon as his head hit her chest, his muscles relaxed  and he dropped the dagger. He wasnt used to comfort from another besides his mother and she was gone. Ever since, he was afraid to get close to anyone for fear of losing them as well. He wanted to push her back and tell her it was fine but her light seeped into his being chasing away the dark and for once he seemed free... free of responsibility and from the painful darkness. His arms reached around her , his palms placed on her back as he held close He didnt know how long he laid his head against her but to him it felt like a lifetime. The beat of her heart soothed him. As a bird chirped loudly, he realized where he was and was there long enough and he swiftly held her at arms length even while  he regretted not being close to her. "Its ok im fine" he said rather swiftly which may have come off a bit harsh as his vulnerable face once again turned into a mask. He cleared his throat and straightened, noticing  the violin on top of his folded cloak. " I uh, see you found my nighttime gift. For where we are going you would have to be complete and leaving your own violin behind, well, you werent whole. I know its not exactly the one you treasure most but I hope it makes do." He was quiet for awhile  as he put dirt over the glowing embers, his back to her. He winced at the twinge of sharp pain from his shoulder wound. "Your power, you cant control it can you? he asked softly as he turned to look at her "From what I saw it seems like it builds and builds and if it doesnt get released, it could hurt and maybe even kill you. I can help you control it you know" he added.

The lower demon trudged through the long corridor towards the main room of the keep and to the throne made of skulls and bones. There, a greater demon sat tearing the flesh off a human corpse. His monstrous faced dripped with blood his eyes yellow and cruel. "What do you want" he roared . The lower demon shrank to his knees  and spoke. "My Lord it is almost done... the key is almost ready. Soon we shall bring chaos to the human world."  The greater demon laughed his evil laugh "Very good" he sneered and flung a bone at the kneeling demon.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 12:31 am

Silvi let him stay as long as he wanted to, getting up only after he pushed her away. He was upset, and she didn't know what to say to him. Perhaps it would be best to just guide him to where Gerda was, and then return home on her own. She was already a burden for him, causing him to get attacked and injured. It was better if she left as soon as possible.

A deep sadness settled inside her, and she moved to go pick up the violin. He was right. She was incomplete without her violin. She gathered up his cloak, draping it over her arm. His words stung. She frowned, facing away from him. Her magick had never been stable.

"No...I can't..."

She trembled, trying her hardest not to cry. Her voice cracked slightly.

"I was never formally trained...my parents had no magick. And I'm...so small...so it builds up sometimes...and I can't contain it..."

She clutched the violin tighter to her chest, bowing her head.

"Grandma tried to teach me how to contain it...but I can't.......I play my violin as often as possible so I can release the energy.......if you can help me...I'll be honestly amazed..."
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 1:04 am

He felt her sadness before she even spoke and knew that it wasnt from the question. He could tell she thought she was a burden to him which was why he distanced himself from her yet which was so much far from the truth. He wanted to tell her desperately otherwise so he didnt have to stand that look of utter sadness on her face. In the time he had spent with her, she had torn down his walls and crawled into his very heart. He knew it was too soon to feel such feelings as they just barely met but he didnt care. He loved her, But better for her to believe he didnt feel for her else the demons would use that against him. Instead of  consoling her, telling her the truth, which he would in due time, he swallowed past the large lump in his throat. He walked over to her slowly and turned her to face him. Her head still bent, he gently lifted her chin with such tenderness, his thumb raking her jawline, so he could look in her glistening eyes. He hated himself for making her feel this way, it was pure torture because in that moment he wanted to kiss her, to feel her lips on his own. It took all the strength he had not to do so. 'Your a damn fool for treating her so. May you rot and be damned' he thought. Instead he let his hand that held her chin up, slide slide down her neck to her collar bone and lastly to her chest where her necklace rested as he fingered  the crystal.

" The gemstones of the world are natural amplifiers for magic. Which is why they are used in spells and rituals. What most dont know however, besides wizards and and other powerful beings, is that they are also a receptacle to store magic in for later use. Each stone is different and the amount of magic they can hold varies. Diamonds which are the purest of gems considering they were made from and found in the darkest of rock can hold the most which is why most spellcasters use them, and which is why dragons are usually hunted." He stopped for a moment as what he just said about the purest of gems created in the darkest of places seemed kind of ironic and befitting of himself. Perhaps he could be redeemed. He shook his head and continued reaching his hand now to touch the pearls on her violin. The violin reacted to his touch the runes around the edge shimmering brightly "There is a reason I made these knobs out of Pearls. When you feel like you need to release your power, I want you to focus and visualize  a form for your power and see it going into the Pearls and or your necklace. I want you to visualize all the bad things that have happened to you  as it seems the raw part of your magic comes when you feel threatened"  He took her hand and placed the gem into it and closed it around. He then laced his other hand into her own. "We will try together ok? Open your mind to me. Let me in to help you focus" He closed his eyes awaiting her response
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 1:55 am

She hated how she felt. Hopeless. Useless. A burden. Worthless. Good for nothing. Certainly not worth Kumarai's kindness. She sniffled as he tilted her head up to look at him, tears glistening in her eyes as she tried her absolute hardest to hold them back. Silvi remained in silence, listening to every word of his explanation of how magick could work. Of diamonds and dragons and the storage of magick for later use. Except she didn't know how to channel her energies in such a manner. Nevertheless, she nodded to his words.

"I'll try..."

She held his cloak out to him.

"Thank you for letting me use this...it kept me very warm..."

Silvi gave him a weak smile, slinging her pack over her shoulder and carrying the violin in her arms as she moved back towards the path they needed to take.

"Gerda's music energy is this way...we can make it within a few hours if we hurry"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 2:09 am

He let her hand go and let out a small sigh. She wasnt ready for the mind meld yet and who could blame her? To open someones mind to another took trust and he could tell she didnt completely trust him. "Your right, we should get going. and your welcome" he added throwing the cloak over himself and pulling up the hood so it covered most of his face. He made sure they had everything and let her lead the way. He hoped he didnt damage what they had with his rash actions and he prayed to the Gods that she would one day forgive him...
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 2:13 am

Silence. She stayed in silence for the first two hours of their journey, her ears following the sound. Gerda was in a painful distress, and it stung at Silvi to have to feel it, but she knew she needed to help save the girl. It was partly her fault that she'd been taken in the first place. At long last, Silvi broke the silence.

"There's a small river over here. I'd like to fill my water canteen"

She moved in the direction of the water, the clearness and purity of it shining under the sun's rays. Silvi filled her canteen, taking a drink. It was delicious. She put her canteen away, turning to Kumarai.

"You spoke of a mind meld...I'm...not sure I understand...I've been tossing around the idea in my head...and I can't make sense of it..."

Her green eyes scanned his face, questioning and curious.

"What exactly does it all entail?"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 2:38 am

He stayed silent along their journey his footfalls lighter than air. He trusted her  lead without question. When she spoke about the river he nodded and stopped rolling his shoulders to quell the ache as more poison seeped through his body. He raised an eyebrow and looked to her curious face as she asked him her question. He didnt remember speaking of the Meld out loud but he shrugged and answered her anyway.

"A mind meld is an ancient instinctual psionic magic known to my Kin. It allows us to see into the mind of another. However we dont do it forcefully for it is against the law unless in dire necessity. The other party has to accept and be willing to lower the barriers and open their mind and in so doing all thoughts, dreams and imagination from both people are laid bare and opened to one another. It could allow me to help guide the magic within you until you learn to do it yourself. But it also leaves open your innermost secrets.. mine included. It also gives a chance to see through ones eyes no matter how far apart they are. A useful tool to keep someone safe if they get into danger, if they need to be found and rescued or to spy on enemy territory. It is a very personal and intimate sharing and requires full trust. There are ways, of course, of blocking things from being seen however your mind must be a strong one. I will tell you how to block but the rest is up to you. If there are things you want blocked from me seeing, dont think about them at the time of melding"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:54 pm

Silvi pondered over the idea for a moment, tossing it around in her mind and debating whether it was something she was willing to try. On one hand, it could really help her to expand her capabilities with her magick. On another, it would leave her mind too exposed to another being, when she didn't know how to block her thoughts.

"I see..."

She wasn't stupid. She wouldn't be able to not think of some of the things she'd rather hide. If she was trying to focus on not thinking of them, she would definitely think of them. And she couldn't let him see. Didn't want him to see.

"Perhaps another time...we don't have the luxury of time right now...Gerda needs you"

She began moving again, re-establishing her path. She didn't want to talk anymore. She didn't want to feel useless anymore. She didn't want to feel like a burden anymore. But she was a burden. And she was useless. And that made her heart ache. She wanted to cry, but refused to do so again in front of Kumarai. He already likely thought of her as only a necessary tool to save Gerda. And that was all she was. All she would ever be.

She set herself to total silence, navigating their path at a quick pace. The sooner she helped Kumarai to rescue Gerda, the sooner she could go home to curl up in her bed and not have to see the harshness of the world. She wouldn't have to hurt so much. She could go back to her dreams of violins and festivals and happy smiles. Silvi set her resolve. Once Gerda was rescued...she was going to slip away and go home. No more adventures. No more frightening beasts. No more feelings of complete and total worthlessness. She could go back to just being Silvi the violinist...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:46 pm

He didnt say anything but instead followed her.  He could feel waves of discordant feeling rolling off her. Worthlessness, a burden, she didnt wanna be near him he could tell. Her eyes now open to the horrors of the world all she wanted to do was crawl into a hole of doubt and no selfworth. heck she probably thought he only wanted to use her. She didnt know it but he could show her the wonders of the world, things not many had the privilege to see, things that were still worth fighting for, beautiful music and  halls of his kin deep beneath the waves..

He was about to speak when instead he felt it, a tear in the fabric of the world. He looked up and sure enough  a yard ahead was the portal of darkness. He stopped Silvi in her tracks and went to stand in front of it. " This is it Silvi, the way to the demons dimension.  Keep that violin with you, Music is deadly to most demons  like nails on a chalk board. You could be a savior here" He put a hand on her shoulder "You know you should really start believing in yourself cuz what you believe will be your outcome" he added in a softer tone then took her hand and walked through.

The world was dark a mirror image of the world left behind. Lightening streaked  as winged demons flew through the air. A large castle on a hill stood stark against the sky as fog swirled everywhere. No guards stood at the gate of the large keep.  Kumarai kicked in the door and it swung inward with no resistance. He entered a large foyer with a chandelier of bones and skulls hanging in macabre fashions. A bloodred carpet wound up to a dais and at the top a  throne of skulls sat a large Balor demon and beside it was a small figure with matted gold hair. Gerda! The face lifted but it was not her sweet face. Instead it was twisted and evil with fangs and demonized.   "Well Well. If it isnt the puny punk of the prophesy. Did you think it would be so easy to waltz into my lair without interruption?" He snapped his fingers and lower demons surrounded the hall. Kumarai's eyes blazed and turned draconic. "Oh and look you brought a tasty snack with you!" he said eyeing Silvi lewdly. Who is this tasty morsel?" Kumarai's face was a hard mask again with no emotion. "She is noone important... She means nothing to me" he said without hesitation not even looking in her direction. The Balor gave a great laugh and smirked. "If she means nothing why surly you wont mind that my hoard and myself take her for pleasure reasons" he said walking down the carpet and past him towards her." A flicker of brief emotion crossed his face and it was all the demon needed to know he was lying. " Oh this is priceless! you do have a feeling for this girl!. He reached out one of his 4 hands and grabbed her by the hair. " It will be perfect to make you watch as we violate her." He snapped his fingers again and the army of demons rushed towards her.  Gerda stayed where she was but moved as if itching to join in. In a flash, he ripped off his cloak and pulled out his blade  cutting down demon by demon in a blur. not one got to touch Silvi he made sure of that. When the last demon body twitched in its final death throes he turned to the Balor who had the tip of his large blade against her throat " Ah AH AH. we arent finished yet, you must fight... the little one." He smiled wickedly as Gerda  scrambled down the stairs.  "I refuse to fight her" He said as she came at him  he dodged.  The balor dug the point of the blade a bit deeper. "You fight her or you watch this one die"   Kumarai threw down his blade. "No" he walked towards the Balor turning his back on Gerda. " I will not play your sick game! I will not..." he stopped midsentance and looked down as the tip of a blade poked out of his chest.  Gerda had picked up the blade and stuck him from behind. He fell to his knees as the Balor released Silvi and roared in triumph. Kumarai's eyes dimmed as he looked at her. He spoke into her head  ~Silvi, Gerda's black heart is the key. The demons have turned it. She loved your music... pplay for h..her and perhaps it will change her back  and defeat.. the demon~ he then slumped to the floor eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:45 am

Everything happened too fast. A tear in the world. A portal that took them to a frightening place. Silvi kept as close to Kumarai as possible, clutching the violin he had made for her. Demons were everywhere, leering and jeering and staring at her in ways that terrified her. What was worse...was Gerda. The demons had turned her into a monster. Words struck deep into her heart. She was nothing. No one important. She felt her musical resonance falter a bit.

That was when the demon took the chance to grab her. Pulled by her hair, she was dragged to the creature's side, letting out a scream of fear. The blade pressed against her throat, and all she could do was sob, tears spilling down her cheeks. She didn't want to die. She didn't want to see Kumarai die. She didn't want to see Gerda die. She didn't want to have all of the horrible things happen to her that the demon had promised. It was too late. Balor let Gerda take the blade....which was run through Kumarai.

"KUMARAI!"

Balor released her, and she stumbled away, trying to put distance between them. However, Kumarai's words came right into her mind. She glanced to the violin that lay on the floor. The one he had so carefully crafted for her. Her lower lip trembled, and she nodded. She had to try. Even if she was useless. Even if she was worthless. If she could do at least one thing to try and save him...she would.

She picked up the violin, stepping back. She trembled, lifting the bow to the strings. But she didn't play right away. The resonance of her music started to flow from her body, a soft gray light that rippled from her in a shimmer. There was the sound of chanting, before she pulled the bow across the strings. It was...a half-hearted, sad and empty sound. But she kept going. She had to try. She had to try. Her music resonated a little more, the chanting continuing and giving her the sounds of drums and echoing the music in her soul as she played.

Silvi took a look at Gerda, who still stood with the blade through Kumarai. Tears spilled down Silvi's cheeks, and she begged the muses to help her. She called on magick she didn't even have in her body. She prayed to any that might listen to her. And her call was answered...

The grey light turned silver, spinning around her. The sound of the music became stronger, and her eyes closed, a deep power welling within her. Suddenly, the strong sound of drums and chanting called out, and Silvi's eyes snapped open, a blazing green, her bow striking across the strings with more passion than ever. The sound was as if she had a full orchestra, the ground quaking beneath her feet. And then suddenly the music drew to a slow sound. Silvi's bow still drew across the strings. She looked up to Kumarai, a fierce look in her eyes.

"I may be small....I may be useless...but I won't quit...I won't see you suffer anymore...I refuse..."

Her mind opened like a wellspring, the memories of her life flashing by millisecond by millisecond. Happiness. Sadness. The death of her parents. Her grandmother's hugs as she cried and screamed. Music exploding from her body and accidentally hurting people. The many times she had to hurt people to save herself. The ridicule from people who didn't understand her. The loneliness. The pain. The feelings of worthlessness.

The quaking in the ground grew stronger, the sound of the music starting to gain volume. Her magick welled even further, building and building to contain a mass inside her body. It started to swirl around her violently, and then it exploded out as she ripped the bow across the strings. With each strike of her bow, she did damage to the building, destroying massive chunks with it and slaughtering demons that came to try and stop her. The chandelier shattered. The carpeting was shredded. The dais was steadily broken apart, chunk by chunk. Her last strikes lashed out at Balor, violently and with the fiercest of passions. If Kumarai looked deep within her, he would see the images of him, flickering through her resonance, along with several humanoid shapes.....the Muses. The fierceness of a dragon. The gentleness of a spring breeze. The force of a volcano erupting. Love to outmatch Aphrodite herself. The energy kept spinning around her, fueling her music, a tidal wave of multi-colored energy that couldn't be stopped.

The lashes of musical magick kept targeting Balor, wanting to rip him to shreds. Silvi's mind was blank of all but the preservation of herself, Kumarai, and Gerda, and the pure rage and hatred of Balor. Tears spilled down her cheeks, blood beginning to trickle past her lips as her body started to reach a state where it could not handle the levels of power exploding out of her. Despite that, she was like a beautiful goddess of vengeance as the music struck. She struck again and again, the magick scoring deep into Balor's flesh, stripping limbs and splattering blood everywhere. She eviscerated him with the rage, the power of the Muses unstoppable. Parts of the building exploded around him. She didn't stop until she whipped her bow off of the strings, the music stopping only as what was left of Balor was decimated at the final strike of magick that tore through his chest.

* She stood there, breathing heavily...until she choked on the blood in her throat, dropping to her knees as the power of the Muses left her body. The violin and bow dropped from her hands, clattering to the floor. Her vision blurred, and she felt her body drop to the floor with a thud. She slipped into unconsciousness with the feelings of sorrow and regret. She hadn't seen if she had saved Gerda and Kumarai. Kumarai who had been so kind to her and tried to protect her. Kumarai who had smiled at her and crafted her a beautiful violin so she would feel complete. Kumarai who had  made a permanent home in her heart. Tears continued to trickle down her cheeks even in her unconscious state....and as her musical resonance began to ebb slowly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next