Roleplay Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place for roleplayers to come together.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am by Erik Daedalus Skorm

» To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 am by Kumarai Von Detton

» Carbon Copy - (Z and Artemis only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:57 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Under A Dragon Moon ~~Xnigona and Zeria Only~~
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Zeria's Soul-Torn Warriors
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» The Red String - (Z and Yoi only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:44 pm by YoiYumeo

» HI I AM A COOL FISH, LOVE ME YO
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm by Kumarai Von Detton

» Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» Soul Mender - (Zeria and Stryker only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm by Stryker

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Zeria Iiyasei
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_vote13To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_voti10To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_vote11 
Caleb
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_vote13To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_voti10To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_vote11 
Konayuki
Stryker
CarnifexDragon
Warder117
Kira Yamato
Kumarai Von Detton
Elmo
kreamator
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 135 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:07 am

It was deathly quiet in the broken Hall. But then small little hands gently tugged on Silvi's own. " Oh please wake up. we havent much time." Gerda tugged and pulled, her face normal, tears streaking down her face. Kumarai's blood stained her dress. When she didnt get a response from Silvi, she rushed to Kumarai's side " No Brother... please dont leave me. Im sorry Im so sorry. I saw it all I screamed from the inside but noone could hear... I watched myself slide that blade into you.. dont be gone." She layed over his body and cried, taking his large hand and putting it to her cheek, hoping that Silvi would wake. She had an idea of how to save him if it was still where she had last seen it....
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:34 am

Silence. Complete and utter silence. Silvi would not wake. Her body had been vastly overtaxed. She lay still, her heart beating irregularly, and her breath ragged. In the aftermath of her attempt to save Gerda...she was slowly dying...

It was then that a different musical tone appeared, the form of a tall man appearing in the destroyed doorway of the castle. He was handsome, of elven lineage, with long blonde hair, garbed in the woodland armor of his people. A soft golden glow radiated from him, and he moved into the room. He had a warmth about him, a sense of peace and calm. He approached Silvi's unconscious form, kneeling at her side and brushing his fingertips along her cheek.

"You have overdone yourself, melethril nîn. Amin hiraetha. I took too long to get to you. Avo ’wanno na nîn nef er. You have much to live for"

He pulled her into his arms, pressing his lips to her forehead. The golden light spread from him to her, easing the pained look on her face. Her resonance flickered back to life, a tiny flame within her, and her breathing evened out. The man smiled, laying her back down.

"Keep fighting, Silvi. The world is lost without your music"

He turned to where Gerda lay draped over Kumarai, kneeling next to them and placing a warm hand on Gerda's head.

"Do not cry, pen tithen. I will save him, where Silvi cannot. She is too weak right now. She burned a lot of strength to save you. And in exchange, I will save him"

He smiled calmly and gently to the little girl, tapping her shoulder and producing a shimmering silver butterly that danced around her head.

"I am Erendriel Darthoridan. A long time friend of Silvi's. You can trust in me, pen tithen"

He leaned over Kumarai, placing his palm over his forehead. His voice dropped to a murmur as he spoke the healing words of his people, the golden glow spreading to cover Kumarai to heal the physical damage done to his body.

"Stay with us, Peredhil. Silvi will never recover if you do not live"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:54 am

Gerda smiled at the butterfly then to the man. "You are Beautiful" she gasped, her little cheeks flaming. "Silvi has beautiful friends." Kumarai's body healed and a faint glow appeared  outlining his body but still he remained unmoving. He heard a man speak in Elvish so familiar. He felt no pain.

Gerdas smile faded slightly but then she grabbed the mans hand.  "Please come with me we need to open the jar." She tugged on Erendriel's hand and led him to a hallway.  She stopped by a heavy door and looked at him for assistance.  When the door opened, a light inside a glass jar lit the room. Chained and hung from the ceiling, was a dragon skeleton with a missing wing and foot. Gerda didnt know that she was actually looking at Kumarai's mothers' remains. "This jar holds the essence of brothers dragon, whatever that means. i know because the demons that tortured me told me. Perhaps it will help him come back from where hes trapped" She grunted as she tried to open the lid but she wasnt strong enough. "Maybe you could do it??" she asked.

Last edited by Kumarai Von Detton on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 2:01 am

Erendriel smiled to the young girl. She was charming and he felt a great energy contained in her small body. His Silvi had certainly found such amazing companions. With a nod, he followed her, letting him guide her with such small hands that he couldn't help but smile and remember the first time Silvi had taken his hand and let him to a beautiful garden that she had helped to grow with his people.

"I will help you as I can"

The dragon remains bothered him greatly. Such a great creature did not deserve a fate so cruel. He made note of it so that he could send his people to retrieve it once Silvi and her companions were safe, so that a proper rite of burial could be performed to cleanse the remains of evil and send it's spirit passing through to the light. He continued on as the girl led him to a jar of essence. She could not open it, her small body lacking the strength to do such a thing. He took it from her, observing it.

"Your brother suffers greatly without this...I will open it for you"

He curled his fingers to the lid, and attempted to open it...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 2:16 am

A blue light speared into the air taking the form of a dragon and flying back towards Kumarai's  prone body. Gerda ran as fast as she could to catch up to it. It entered into his chest, lighting his body in neon blue flame. His limbs contorted and grew as his form grew larger. A great roar shook the crumbled remains and in his place stood a proud blue dragon.  Gerda stopped and stared with her mouth open. She had never seen a real dragon before. She thought Rai had only told her he was one to tease her. He lowered his finned head  and nudged into her. Gerda hugged his snout.  A choppy grunting noise escaped him.. He was laughing. His gaze darted towards Erendriel and his body began to shrink back to an elven type form. He put his right fist to his left breast and bowed. " I know you. Muindor Elendriel. I havent got to finish learning your ways in the Earth Realm. My training was disrupted before they could pass me on to you to study with. For that I apologize"

He turned to look for Silvi and found her on the ground, still.  "Is she...." he couldnt finish the thought.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 2:26 am

Elendriel followed, once more, after Gerda as she took off down the halls to follow the essence of the dragon. When Kumarai rose and awakened, he carefully batted away a piece of falling debris from Gerda as the dragon roared and shook the remainder of the walls. He waited patiently until the man took his more elven form, smiling and nodding his head in greeting.

"I see you are well. I am glad. I was disappointed that I was not able to train you. I heard much of your great talent, and looked forward to teaching you what I could. It is interesting that I find you now, in the company of my Silvi. Your disappearance from the woodlands came not long before Silvi stumbled into my home"

He frowned at his question about Silvi, but shook his head, moving to Silvi's side and brushing a stray strand of hair from her face.

"She is not dead. I came at the right time to catch her before her resonance silenced. She is still injured, however. Even I am not sure if I can help her to recover this time. When she stumbled to my home, she had lost her music. It was after her parents died. She was empty. Songless. My people helped her to find herself again, and she stayed with us for quite some time. But she is more broken now than then. I am concerned"

He carefully lifted her fragile body into his arms, cradling her to his chest.

"We must return to my home, where I can better aid her. My people will do their absolute best to save her again. She is very well loved by them. I would like if you accompanied me. Perhaps, while she recovers, I can teach you the arts I was meant to teach you. And I am sure that your little one would love to play with the children and help them in the gardens"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 2:37 am

He put his head down in thanks as  Elendriel spoke of him. When he finished, he looked back up  to Erendriel " I would like that very much and it would indeed be an honor to learn from you. Im sorry I..heard about that from her grandmother Grandma. and i believe it is time Gerda had fun with friends her own age." he tousled her hair and winked. Do you need a lift or shall we go by other means of transportation??"

Last edited by Kumarai Von Detton on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 2:45 am

The elven male was more than happy to take them to his home. And it would help speed along Silvi's recovery. He nodded to Kumarai.

"I would be happy to teach you. I have much I can teach you. Some of it is what I taught Silvi, though she did not possess the aptitude for a more physical form of earthen magicks. I was lucky to be gifted in my lineage to be a healer as well as an earth mage. I had no musical magicks until Silvi touched me with hers and left me a small fragment of her gift. It is how I am able to find her"

He shook his head at the mention of life.

"I have other means of transportation, so long as you are able to ride a horse"

He guided them out of the rubble, leaving the demonic place, back to the line of trees where two finely bred horses stood waiting. One was the purest of whites, the other a deep black.

"You may take Iros as your horse. He is very gentle, and Gerda will have an easier ride on his back. I will take Ereh, as he is my personal horse. We should be able to return to my lands by nightfall if we hurry. Stay close to me, and make sure to keep a good hold on your little one so she does not fall. Iros is quite fast"

He settled Silvi into the saddle of Ereh and then climbed atop his horse, keeping a firm hold on her, and settled into the saddle, grabbing the reigns. He waited for Gerda and Kumarai to be settled on theirs, then began their journey, keeping a slightly fast pace. They needed to make good time so that they could begin Silvi's recovery as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 4:32 am

Kumarai had some practice with horses but not very much. Still he held onto Gerda tightly but gently, letting her have fun in taking the reins as he held on with his knees. He found that he could keep pace with Elendriel's horse. Gerda laughed as she waved and held the reins feeling important. Kumarai smiled some and looked forward towards the other horse. His stomach knotted as he saw Silvi's hair fly behind the elf's shoulder. A queasy feeling came over him. Or was it something else? He didnt know she had been in the Woodlands. Elendriel was a good man; if anyone could help Silvi, he could. However the elf's words concerened him... how could she be more broken than she was? He should have let her leave when they reached the portal... he shouldnt have dragged her into this mess. but he couldnt have found Gerda without her. and for that, he was willing to do whatever it took to  repay her.

When Gerda fell asleep in the saddle, Kumarai urged Iros on and came up beside Elendriel, for now was a good a time as any since the girls were out. "Elendriel, the girls know not that I am a princeling and heir to the Water Realm throne, a title bestowed yet never asked for. I would like to keep this silent for now, lest they think of me as some rich and pompous royal."
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 1:17 am

Elendriel was trying to keep a strong, rapid pace without leaving Kumarai behind. Silvi was in bad shape, and he didn't have any time to waste, but he could not abandon his compatriot. He clutched Silvi close to his body, briefly using his magick to wind a thick vine around his body and hers so she would not fall. He glanced to Kumarai as he pulled up alongside him.

"I will avoid mentioning it, and will tell the others not to mention it. It is your secret to keep. Silvi is too fragile for more surprises right now. Tether your little one to you. We must move quickly. I'm keeping Silvi's resonance going for now, but even I cannot maintain such a bond forever. We must rush her to the healers of my village"

Elendriel waited for Kumarai to settle Gerda tightly to him, then picked up his speed, his horse moving along much more quickly than before. He had to hurry. Sweat began to bead on his brow from the strain of continually healing her. He did not stop his horse from running until they reached the entrance to the village. He didn't go to the stables to drop his horse off either. He untethered Silvi from him, and slid off of his horse with her in his arms, rushing her into the healing tent.

The fragile young woman was quickly surrounded on a bed by 6 healers who began their work, while 2 others set to work on Elendriel himself. Not long after, the Shaman joined them, a well-aged elf who had run their village for quite some time. He approached Elendriel with a concerned frown.

"She is farther gone this time...I sense it..."
"She is, elder...I barely made it in time..."
"You have done well. We will ensure she survives this ordeal and finds herself again. We did it once, and we can do it again"
"I pray to the gods it will be so"
"Rest now, warrior. She will need you when she awakens"

Elendriel nodded, leaving the tent where he knew Kumarai was sure to be waiting. The women of the village had already offered to take Gerda to the traveler's home to rest. They kept the home well so that any passer's by would have a place to rest that was not uncomfortable. Though he was weary, Elendriel sought out Kumarai, ready to tell him of Silvi's state.

"She is...very ill in the simplest sense of the word. The resonance of a musical mage is their essence...their will...their emotions...their ability to function. Should that resonance be damaged or worse, the mage suffers greatly. It can be as simple as the inability to use their magick, to something as dangerous as death. Silvi is...in a state I have seen before, but slightly worse. She is what my people call the Emptiness. She feels nothing, can produce no magick or music, sees in black and white...she is empty. It took the love and care of a lot of us last time to fix her. She stumbled into our home in that state...and we saved her. This time...if we cannot fix her in a timely manner, she will fade....and she will either go mad, or sicken until she dies. The healers are taking care of any and all physical damage, and another mage is on the way to try and stabilize her magick"

He began to pace, frowning deeply. Silvi was a light to the world and to him. He couldn't stand by and let her suffer when she had done so much good. Her smile warmed his heart and made him feel so many positive things. A beautiful, amazing woman like that could not just die when he had something he could do to save her.

"She has attached herself to you...she worked hard to save you and your little one...she was willing to risk her life for it..."

He looked to Kumarai, pain in his eyes. He couldn't bear the thought of his Silvi dying. She was so precious to him.

"I believe, with our combined efforts, that you and I will be able to heal the wounds in her resonance and bring her back from the Emptiness. Will you help me, brother kin? Will you help me save her?"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 2:18 am

"Thank you" he said a bit relieved. He did as Elendriel asked saying the incantation  Elendriel told him  more than a few times til he got it right and a vine gently wrapped around Gerda. His cloak flapped in the wind his hair flying as they raced to hurry towards the Woodlands. He could tell Elendriel was  getting weaker the longer the spell was in place. Kumarai beseeched the dragon within him to spare some of its strength into Elendriel til they could at least make it. He felt a bit of his strength wane as it was passed. When they reached the village, he didnt protest as the Healers took Gerda, Silvi and Elendriel into the tents. Respectively, as elves guarded their secrets jealously, Kumarai waited outside. He began to pace, aware of the people of the village gazing at him, aware but oblivious of the whispers directed towards him. Just as he was about to see what was taking them, Elendriel came up to him and spoke of her state. Pain and guilt wracked his flawless features. "This is my fault... all my fault. I did this to her. I should have tried harder to distance myself. I should have let her leave when we reached the portal but I thought her music would be of help to Gerda. Gerda loved her music. Had I known what it would do to her.. the price she would pay... I tried to make her believe in herself, so she would believe she wasnt worthless, but I was too weak in the end. I put her through this" he choked off his hands balling into fists. "I dont know what I can do to help but I promise I will give it my all and set her right" He placed a hand on Elendriels shoulder in Elven camaraderie. "I will help you Brother. What must I do?"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Elendriel smiled calmly, shaking his head.

"You could not have kept her from helping you if you tried, brother kin. She is, despite her small exterior, quite big of heart. She blames herself for your little one's capture in the first place"

He had felt it as he had tried to heal her resonance. She believed that if Kumarai and Gerda had not come back to see her and here her play, then Gerda would never have been taken, and neither of them would have been hurt. As it stood, Silvi didn't know they were still alive. She was lost in her own mind, and Elendriel still had to come up with a way to lure her back out.

"She lacks a lot of confidence to begin with. I'm not sure if you knew, but her parents were killed in front of her. She wasn't able to do anything. That was the reason she came stumbling through our lands. She lost herself, and in her empty state, found our lands. She was in very bad shape then as well. Though her physical being was a bit more banged up due to rain and falling and such"

Elendriel glanced over to the tent that Silvi was being kept in for healing. He frowned, still worried that she would not pull through. But if he was going to help, he needed to rest. It was the same for Kumarai.

"Go on, Kumarai. Get some rest. You and I will both need it to began the process of returning Silvi's resonance to normal"

He beckoned one of the scouts over to speak to, a younger male, fresh to the task.

"There were some remains where I found my charge. The remains of a great dragon. I wish for you to take a group of warriors, scouts, and clerics, to bring the remains to the burial site and perform a full purification and sending ritual. Do not let the great one's spirit rest in turmoil any longer than necessary"
"Yes, Sir!"

The scout ran off, and Elendriel made way towards his home; it was a handcrafted wood home up in the trees, with lush greenery and a noble elegance that was not seen in many homes. Once inside, he stripped away his dirty clothes, laid down upon his bed, and drifted to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:13 pm

"She does indeed have a big heart and though she never said it I could tell she felt responsible for Gerda's demise. But the truth is, we have been on the run for a very long time. I found Gerda, a bright little thing, orphaned and with a terrible illness. It was why we never stayed long for Festival nights. But I could not deny her her fun and joy. I thought perhaps that this one time...she would get to experience like other children. I let my guard down in her joy. If anyone is responsible for what Gerda went through, it was me not Silvi. Yes, she does indeed have a huge and beautiful heart. Quite stubborn to see things through when she makes up her mind. In my adolescence, I would have teased and messed with people like that. Granted I used to be a jerk when younger" he laughed a bit then continued. "Being banished to the earth realm has taught me alot... Silvi even more so. Shes changed me. I did know her parents died, her Grandmother told me as much. But never told me it was in front of her. I hope that evil creature gets what it deserves." He yawned as his eyes got heavy. "sleep...good idea.." he mumbled and stumbled off towards an empty tent missing  the discussion between Elendriel and the scout of dragon remains. He tumbled onto his cot and fell to a deep slumber.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Elendriel awoke to the sound of someone rapping on the front outer wall of his home. He opened his eyes, sitting up and tugging his trousers and shirt.

"What is it?", he called.
"Sir Elendriel! She's awoken!"

He wasted not a single breath more, before he flew out of his home past the messenger, sliding down the rope to the ground and bolting for the tent. He threw open the entry flap, and stared at her. She was sitting upright on the bed, the healers looking her over, dressed in a simple white robe and bandaged for her injuries. However...her eyes were empty. He moved to her, the healers parting to let him through, and placed a hand to her cheek. She glanced up at him, and he thought his heart would break. Nothingness. She was void of everything. An empty shell.

"Silvi...?"

She wouldn't speak. She merely kept looking at him, then put her head down. Elendriel got down on his knees in front of her, holding her hands in his.

"Silvi...please...come back...we fought through this once before...we can do it again"

Nothing. No response. He swore under his breath, furious with himself for not getting to her sooner. For not feeling her distress sooner and dropping all other duties to rescue her. He rose to his feet, a pained yet determined look on his face.

"You're not allowed to just give up, melethril nîn. I will not allow it"

He lifted her into his arms, carrying her out past the protesting healers, and made way for the gardens. She had always loved them. Had worked hard tending them with the children. He had to make her remember the happy feelings. He had to help her somehow. He reached the edge of the fencing, then wove through to get to the flower part of the gardens, setting her down in the soil.

"Remember this, melethril nîn? Remember this soil...these flowers...the joy felt here...the children laughing and playing with you...?"

Silvi's empty eyes stared blankly ahead. He bowed his head. He couldn't expect to just fix her in a day....but by the gods, he had hoped...prayed for a miracle...he didn't want her to die, and he was worried that he would not be able to fix her in time...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:53 pm

Kumarai woke to the sound of rushing feet and got up, still in his clothes and opened the flap of the tent. He followed the sound and saw Silvi awake and in a garden with a concerned looking Elendriel. He walked over to stand beside them noticing that the crystal around her neck was white once more. He tried to connect with it and  a multicolored aura outlined but it still didnt change. Her eyes looked past him, empty and joyless. A knot formed in his stomach. This is what she was reduced to. The haunted look scared him and he didnt scare easily. A small thought came to him suddenly. It was after all worth a shot. "Elendriel, Do you have the violin Silvi had??. I have an idea, something we could try. Mind you it will be difficult and will require alot of strength but with my dragon now whole, im sure it can work. My race has power called the Mind Meld. I had mentioned this to her before. The party has to be willing and lower their barriers to their minds except in dire consequences. Well with her empty it may be easier to get in her mind. But I wont be going alone. I can take you into her mind with me. Of course, it has never been done, bringing someone else and it will be an invasion of privacy and i dont know what will happen to me or how she will take it if it doesn't work but if it can save her, id be willing to try it and take responsibility and accept whatever reaction she may have"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Elendriel brushed a strand of hair form Silvi's face, a worried and pained frown on his lips. He hadn't noticed Kumarai's approach at first, but gave the slightest of nods at his initial question.

"Lyria is attempting to fix the damage done to it from both Silvi's magick and the fall it took"

The mind meld was a risky idea. Not only could Silvi's mind reject them partway through, but both of them could go mad...or Silvi could get worse.

"I do not feel comfortable walking the halls of her mind. She is far too fragile right now. She needs recovery time to build strength and heal. It is too dangerous for both her and us to make such a gamble..."

Elendriel clenched his fists, a sense of helplessness growing further within him and making him loathe himself.

"I will not gamble with her life.....she is too precious to me..."

He dropped a palm to the soil, flowers rising from the ground and blooming around Silvi. He wanted to see if he could show her the beauty of life once more. He wanted to see her smile and hear her laugh and dance through the garden with her. He couldn't do any of those things if he allowed her resonance to fade. He would never survive if he could not save her. One of the scouts approached from the edge of the garden, drawing him from his thoughts.

"Lord Elendriel! A scout crew has been dispatched to procure the remains. Shaman Venos wants to speak with you"
"I will be there momentarily. In the spirit tent, I presume?"
"Yes, sir"
"Thank you. Go off to do your duties now"

The scout ran off, and Elendriel pushed to his feet, looking to Kumarai.

"I must deal with what the Shaman requires. Please keep a close eye on Silvi. She is prone to aimlessly wandering in this state, and could get hurt without supervision. I am counting on you, brother kin, to help her in my absence"

He left the garden, moving to go deal with whatever it was the Shaman wanted. Silvi just sat there on the ground, the petals of a beautiful chrysanthemum brushing her cheek. Empty. She was so...empty.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 1:20 pm

He watched Elendriel turn his back and the anger of the dragon and of himself started to settle in. "Do you want Silvi to die?! You talk and spout of how precious she is to you and that its too big of a risk!" he balled his fists catching up to him and continued "If we dont do anything she will fade from this world! She needs you! she needs to feel your love (and mine he thought but didnt say it) for her and the love your people have for her and im the only one that can make that happen! Look at her. She is a shell of her former self and yet you risk her life by thinking her too fragile.  Do as you will but I am noones babysitter! Come find me when you are ready to save her life"  With a growl he turned and walked away from both elves and Silvi for even he couldnt bear the sight of her empty eyes. He kept walking far from the village and stopped by a river and fell to his knees. He had to try and calm himself and the calming sound of trickling water and currents always seemed to do just that. Unlike his Elven brethren, he had never been able to master the whole no emotion deal. His being part dragon didnt help. In fact, it made him more rash and prone to anger... and more passionate when he put his full heart into something. Which, he had learned, lead him to more trouble and heartbreak then anyone could imagine. He didnt want to yell at the Elf, but he was so frustrated. Elves always so infuriating. Apparently his traits never faded as he grew older. He stuck his hand in the cool water and closed his eyes trying to calm himself. Silvi, it seemed, had quite a connection to Elendriel. He wouldnt be able to pull her back alone. He needed his help.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:01 pm

Elendriel never turned back to Kumarai. The dragon didn't understand. Silvi's mind was too fragile. She didn't have the ability to reject the initial meld, but her mind's natural defenses could very well reject both him and Kumarai, causing hard to both them and her. He had to find a different way...

~~

Alone. Empty and alone. Silvi stared into nowhere, sitting for quite some time. It wasn't until the wanderlust took her that she rose to her feet, wandering to the opposite side of the garden, towards the east. She wandered through the orchards. She began her way through the trees, in the direction of the eastern river. Out of view of the northern river where Kumarai had gone, she was alone. Many times, she felt a strange sensation and saw red blossom on her skin. Cuts and bruises covered her, and yet she kept going, continuing on her wanderer's path until the river came into view. She stared blankly at if for a moment...then continued on her course...straight toward it, taking no note that the depth of the water was changing.

A scout spotted her from his post in the trees, sending a shrill whistle to another scout nearby. They had to stop her. There was a drop off in the middle of the river, far too deep for Silvi to keep her head above water, and the current of the water would be too strong for her small body to fight. The scout leapt from the trees, bolting for the water. The other scout dropped down from his tree to fasten a rope around the base, then ran out to the water as well, rope in hand. They both called out to her, hoping to halt her for even a moment. But nothing registered to her, and she kept going, her slow and unsteady pace carrying her along. The first scout, known as Faeriel, reached her just as she fell off the drop point and started to sink. He dove in after her, grabbing her arm and tugging her against him, trying to use his strength to pull them back to the surface. His partner, Niko, threw him the rope, and he gripped it tightly, letting Niko and another scout pull them back to waters that were far less deep. Niko took Silvi from him, and they moved to dry land, setting her down.

"Call for Lord Elendriel. He'll need to be informed that she needs a guard like last time...as well as some minor healing"

The other scout nodded and ran off, disappearing into the trees. Faeriel glanced to his partner with a frown.

"She's worse this time, Niko..."
"I know...I'm glad you spotted her in time. Lord Elendriel would never forgive us or himself if something had happened to her..."

~~

Elendriel nodded to the shaman. He'd had an excellent idea for helping Silvi, and Elendriel planned to implement it immediately. A festival would be perfect. Something small, with music and dancing. Something that would appeal to Silvi's resonance. He had already sent someone out to fetch the one known as Aya, a dancer that Silvi had gushed to him about many times during his last visit with her.

"Thank you, Shaman. Your idea may be just what we need to save Silvi. I am indebted to yo-"

A messenger interrupted.

"Lord Elendriel! The scouts at the eastern river have called for you. Miss Silvi was wandering and they managed to catch her before the river current could take her. She apparently has some light wounds"

He was up and gone before the messenger could finish, tearing his way through the village faster than anyone could catch him, his form weaving through the trees as quickly as a treestrider like himself could. When he reached the river, he spotted two scouts kneeling next to Silvi, whom they had wrapped in a blanket to keep warm. He was at her side in a second, scanning her and taking not of every single injury.

"Prepare the healers. She's going to need their care"
"Yes, Sir!"

Scout Niko took off back to the village. Elendriel brushed Silvi's wet hair away from her face.

"Ki'veh sa'lah, Silvi...you cannot just wander without protection..."

A sudden realization hit: Kumarai had left Silvi alone, even when he had warned him about her wandering around and hurting herself. A dark anger settled within him. He had entrusted her safety to Kumarai, and he had nearly gotten her drowned because of his careless, rash behavior.

"Return to your post for now, Faeriel. I thank you with all that I am for your sharp eyes and quick feet. You will be well rewarded later"
"Yes, Sir. Thank you. I was glad I reached her in time"

Elendriel took up Silvi into his arms, carrying her wet and shivering form back to the village and to the healer's tent, where they eagerly awaited her presence. They took her from him, shoving him out so they could tend to her, and he sought out a messenger.

"Find Kumarai, and tell him I demand to see him immediately in the gardens"
"Yes, Sir"

The messenger ran off, and Elendriel headed for the gardens, to the same spot he had left Silvi in Kumarai's care. He waited, seething. Kumarai would not be let off easy for his transgression...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 am

Kumarai was deep in meditation. His anger with Elendriel for blowing him off started to dissipate as his mind went far into the unknown. He tried to reach for that higher state. It was so close...

He snapped out of Reverie with a feeling in his gut something was wrong. He stood up and started to walk back, but then stopped. Silvi had her elves to help her.. what would she need with him? He stopped and thought of how she helped Gerda  and he began to doubt. It was because of her they were alive...

Maybe he should just leave them be. She would be better off without him anyway. They brought her back once right?

The thoughts didnt please him. He knew he was going to have to answer for what he did but neither could he be sane watching those empty eyes. He didnt think that any form of punishment would be as bad as what he was feeling now. He let her down, he knew, but he was going to make it up by melding with her himself even if the stubborn elves didnt like it. Sighing he started to head back in said general direction when an elf scout came by with a message. He nodded solemnly and continued walking.  He wasnt surprised to see Elendriel where he had left Silvi in the garden... Silvi gone from sight

" I was told I was demanded to come here" he said quietly.

~~~

Gerda laughed with the elven children as  they skipped and laughed in circles. She loved it here and she seemed more at health. The laughter seemed to die a bit as Elendriel passed by with a dripping wet Silvi. She scuttled after them silently, eaves dropping on the conversation. Kumarai had left her?? Why would he do such a thing?? it had to be a mistake. Her brother, though brash at times, would never have done something on purpose would he?? maybe it was for a reason though she couldnt fathom what that was.

~oh Rai what did you do?~ she thought to herself
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Elendriel looked far less than pleased by the time Kumarai reached him. And he wasn't. The longer it took for Kumarai to get there, the more angry he became. The more he seethed about how close Silvi had been to losing her life, all because Kumarai couldn't follow orders. When the dragon finally came into view and approached him, Elendriel sent him a dark look.

"Yes. I did. Tell me, Kumarai. Do you remember anything of what I said to you before I had to go speak to the shaman? Because I'm quite certain I told you that you needed to stay with Silvi for her own safety. That she is prone to wandering aimlessly in this state"

He clenched his fists tightly, trying his hardest to control his temper.

"You left her alone...she wandered...and she nearly drowned in the eastern river. She has cuts and bruises from her journey to that river. Her footsteps are still imprinted in the soil. She nearly died, Kumarai...you left her alone...and she nearly died"

He slammed his fist against the fist, splintering it apart. The ground beneath them gave a slight quake.

"You wanted to learn the ways of the earthen magicks. You are not ready. I will not teach you until I think you are worthy, and capable of being trusted with such magick. From this moment forth, until Silvi's recovery, I task you with the responsibility of being her personal guard. You are not to leave her side for even a moment. Your eyes are never to leave her. You do not get too far away from her. You will keep her safe, Kumarai....or you will not like what happens to you should she fall prey to harm..."

The threat was very real. Silvi was precious. To him. To his people. And to Kumarai and Gerda. If something happened to her, it would be on Kumarai's hands, and Elendriel would never let him continue to live.

"I would do this duty myself, but I have too many responsibilities. I must lead my village. I cannot abandon their needs. And I will not abandon Silvi's. Nor will I allow you to. You want to help her? This is where it starts. You will find her in the healer's tent, being tended to. I will arrange for personal lodgings for you, Gerda, and Silvi. Her care is utmost, Kumarai. She nearly gave her life for you and your little one. Do not make her sacrifice for nothing..."
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Kumarai stood silent as the elf seethed. He was right of course but then again, Elendriel had failed to listen to him in return. If anything, what happened was on him as much as it was on himself. Nothing the Elf said made him feel worse than he already did.

"Very well we shall try it your way. I will do as asked not because you charge me with such responsibility, but because I owe her both mine and Gerda's life. Id be dead if it wasnt for her. You say you know a way to save her? Ill give you that chance. Hopefully it works and if it doesnt, pray that my way works in time before shes really gone. Just know if she fades its not only my hands that its on"

With a nod, Kumarai went to the healers tent to see the damage his pride had put him in. The healers seemed to have blocked his path but he pushed past them without a word. He reached out and grabbed her wet hand and closed his eyes. Multi-colored aura swept from him as he gave some of his strength to her letting it heal as many as the cuts on her body that it could before he swayed and took a deep breath. He looked at her emotionless face and could only whisper two words.

" Im Sorry"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Silvi sat in silence, her empty eyes staring back at him. She felt...nothing. Just the sensation of his hand holding hers. The sensation of his magick closing the scratches on her body and ridding her of the bruises. One of the healers looked to him.

"She is alright now, sir. The cuts and scratches and such were minor. We took care to disinfect and cleanse most of them before your arrival. Thankfully, Faeriel caught her before she went too deep into the water, so she didn't breathe any in"

The young elf woman placed a hand on his shoulder.

"We are all working to help her, sir. We brought her back once. We can do it again, and with your help, it will be all the quicker"

A messenger came in, looking to Kumarai.

"Lord Elendriel asked me to bring you a message, since he is currently busy listening to the reports of all the morning scouts. He says to tell you that his idea is a small festival to be held here. He is going to call upon all the elven people in the region to come celebrate. It will be held in 4 days' time here in the village. He's also spoken of a particular pair of performers he wishes to call in. They are called Aya and Vergil. Miss Silvi has been fond of them for a great deal of time. Since before she left our village the first time we met her. She has always dreamed of playing with them"

He took a moment to accept a drink of water from one of the healers.

"He is also sending someone to bring her grandmother here and to bring her violin, as we are not sure that the one you crafted will be fixed in time. Silvi's magick has damaged it, and Milady Lyria has not found a way to fix it yet. Either way, he wants you and the little one to aid in the festival preparations. He says that decorating may help to draw Silvi out enough that the music will reach her. Tomorrow will be the first day of preparations beginning. For today, rest and relaxation are what he says will do both of you best. He will check on you later"

The messenger smiled to the young healer that had spoken to Kumarai earlier, the two young elves sharing a long glance that had one of the older elves chuckling even after the scout left.

"You two will make a cute pair, Maya"

The young elf flushed, going back to washing some cloth that was used for cleaning.

"I-I hope so...I've...been hoping that Thaeron would ask me to the next festival...perhaps I will get my wish sooner than I thought..."
"I'm sure he will. Any man would be lucky to have you"
"Thank you"

Silvi inclined her head slightly towards Maya. Her voice came as a surprise, even though it was completely devoid of emotion.

"Fest...ival?"

The healer had been a bit startled, but nodded to her.

"Yes, Miss Silvi. A festival. With music and dancing and food and shops. Your grandmother is coming. And some special guests for you"
"Grand...ma.....oh..."

She laid back down on the bed, closing her eyes. Her breathing started to even out. Maya gave a weak smile to Kumarai.

"She's still got a fighting chance. If she's speaking, then it means we're headed in the right direction. Take her to get some rest, sir. Your quarters have already been prepared. I will be by in the morning to help her bathe"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 5:46 am

Kumarai gave an appreciative smile to the young blossoming Healer elf. to hear that they were doing everything gave him a hope  that she just might pull through. She had a kindness about her that eased him

"Gratitude for all you have done for her. I dont know how much help I can be to her since you know this illness better than I but a poor person I would be if I didnt help where I could after she saved my life..Gerda's life"

He pushed a strand of hair back from her face.

He turned as a scout came in and listened to the report. He nodded

"Aye. I know of Aya and Vergil. They have come many times to  the village I have stayed in. Gerda loves them as well. In fact thats how I met Silvi.."  

He cut off  remembering lost in thought then looked back at the scout. He was saddened to hear that his gift was damaged... ~damaged like myself~ he thought. Perhaps he could repair it again though if she had the one her parents gave her shed have no use for his.

"Thank you for the message. Tell Lord Elendriel we shall attend  his festival and help. Gerda will be pleased, she likes decorating things also... tell him thanks."

He gave a nod to the scout  and smiled some as the two elves stared at each other, with a mark of love in their eyes.

At that moment Silvi spoke and it gave his heart a bit of a jumpstart before she lay back down again. Gently he lifted her off the healers cot and cradling her small frame he walked to the entrance. Before he stepped out he  turned back to the healer.

"That man would be a fool not to ask you to the festival Maya." he smiled some then turned and left.

Wind rustled through the trees and through his hair as he walked to the lodge that the scout directed him to. He closed his eyes willing himself to listen to the wind and the forest life around him  as twilight descended. He understood now why these land elves lived in such a place. It was so peaceful. He opened his eyes and smirked a bit

"Eavesdropping again were you Gerda?? You never were sneaky enough to fool me."

He turned around Silvi still in his arms and looked at the little girl with a smile

"Aya and Vergil.. coming here what a dream! Ive always wanted to meet them."

Her smiled dropped a bit as she saw Silvi in his arms.

"I hope shell be ok"

she added.

Kumarai nodded his head towards the dwelling for her to come with.  " Yeah... me too youngling..me too"

He walked inside the hut and placed Silvi down on the bed. He saw Gerda take her hand and squeeze it as if hoping that small contact would be enough to rouse the woman.

"You can have the other bed Gerda"

"But where will you sleep?"

He gave a pained sigh and tried to hide it.

"I couldnt sleep if I wanted to kiddo. Ill be guarding from the outside. Besides you have a big day tomorrow helping to decorate for the festival"

Gerdas eyes gleamed and she ran up to Kumarai and hugged his middle

"Ill see you tomorrow Rai"

He hugged her back and smiled " Goodnight little one"

As she scampered off to bed, he gently tucked Silvi into her own bed and leaned down to kiss her forehead.  After a moment of a pained look he turned around and headed back outside. His present to Silvi... damaged, damaged like his heart was. His body seemed to shimmer and grow as his dragon came forth. He stretched his great blue wings wide and gave a pained roar before curling up on the ground and around the hut to sleep guarding it, his huge head laying gently at the opening.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Silvi slept peacefully through the night. Without the emptiness of her eyes, she seemed as though nothing were wrong, a peaceful expression on her face...

~~

When morning came, she was awake, her empty eyes staring at the wall. She laid there, doing nothing. It wasn't until she heard a voice outside that she lifted her head. Elendriel had come to check on them. He looked up the great dragon that was Kumarai.

"The healers told me she finally spoke. Has she made any recovery beyond that?"

Silvi came padding out the door, running straight into Kumarai and falling down onto her butt. She stared at him, reaching out and poking his scales with a finger, as if trying to understand what they were. Elendriel sighed, shaking his head.

"Either way, I came to get Miss Gerda. I heard she likes to decorate, and Tevina would like her help making flower wreaths and baskets. As for yourself and Silvi, you are required in the seamstress' tent. Thalia wants to make some clothing for Silvi, and she's prepared to make you a set of festival clothing also"

He smiled somewhat.

"Her grandmother should arrive tomorrow with her violin. Lyria is not sure she can finish repairing yours by the festival, so we are making sure to have a backup, since she cannot play mine"

He had been one of the people to help teach her to play violin more freely and with passion, rather than just to strictly follow the written music. But his violin had been too much for her. It had been too full of his magick, and the violin had not worked well with Silvi's magick trying to flow through it.

"Otherwise, I'd like you all to join me for dinner in my home at sunset"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:42 pm

The great dragon shook his giant head. He felt a poking at his side  and turned to see Silvi pressing her finger on his scales. He had a amused look on his face, if dragons could show amusement. He spoke then telepathically to Elendriel

~She has shone no improvement  but it seemed she slept soundly  and peacefully if we can call it such a thing.  Im afraid I have to stay in this form  for a few more hours. The elf inside is beyond repair with grief and needs to heal his emotions. He did after all put what was left of his heart into that instrument. Perhaps my magic can help repair both the Elf and his instrument. I promise to have him there by sunset~

He sat up from his curl around the house and reached in a taloned paw through  a side window and when he withdrew it, there was a giggling Gerda clinging to it. He mad a weird hacking sound which of course was laughter and he swung her over and placed her by Elendriels side.

~Go with him now youngling and have fun~

Gerda nodded and followed Elendriel and Silvi.  Kumarai on the other hand, spread his great wings and  leapt into the sky with one downward thrust and flew far from the elf village into different territory to hunt so as not to upset the folk that lived there. He needed to eat and gain strength for what he was about to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next