Roleplay Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place for roleplayers to come together.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am by Erik Daedalus Skorm

» To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 am by Kumarai Von Detton

» Carbon Copy - (Z and Artemis only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:57 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Under A Dragon Moon ~~Xnigona and Zeria Only~~
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Zeria's Soul-Torn Warriors
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» The Red String - (Z and Yoi only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:44 pm by YoiYumeo

» HI I AM A COOL FISH, LOVE ME YO
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm by Kumarai Von Detton

» Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» Soul Mender - (Zeria and Stryker only)
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm by Stryker

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Zeria Iiyasei
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_vote13To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_voti10To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_vote11 
Caleb
To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_vote13To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_voti10To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_vote11 
Konayuki
Stryker
CarnifexDragon
Warder117
Kira Yamato
Kumarai Von Detton
Elmo
kreamator
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 135 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:15 pm

He felt the jolt of Buckwheats' stop and semi consciously got down to the ground another woman with a strong grip helping him stand and was lead inside a warm home and to a cot. He could hear voices but the words seemed a bit jumbled to him. Until he felt the power of healing hit him. He felt his ribs crack back into place and screamed in agony his ears unfurling to their fin state his pupils narrowing to slits. The dragon was self defending "No" he yelled through gritted teeth and pushed it back telling it it was only healing. The ears curled back the pupils got bigger and suddenly voices were clear. "Domingattu's. Minions of the Greater demons. The kidnapped my ward and overpowered me." It was too late now. Silvi wanted to help she needed to know how much of a threat these demons were to them. Even if it cost him the secrets of his life. There was no going back now. How much would he be able to tell without giving up his race's secrets? He was after all a halfbreed so many frowned upon his parents union anyway.

"I am an unusual breed. My father was of the Water elves.. My mother was a dragon. Many of the fey believed me to be an abomination. There is a prophesy that when an orphan child of the brightest heart is corrupted with evil, its heart shall be the key to unleash the demons and bring chaos to the world. I have spent ages, protecting children as was my charge to prove I was capable of being a part of them, to make sure this never happened. Many battles ensued and in one a Greater demon got a hold of my dragons sides soul taking with it the ability of healing and many other abilities. What they want to do with it is beyond me. Gerda's heart was the purest in light I have ever seen... and now they have her. These demons are sadistic and evil, hard to kill and can where people as a meatsuit. the faster we find my charge, the better. Music has always shielded us but now i can no longer hide"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Silvi flinched as the healing actually hurt him for a moment while his ribs moved into place and knit themselves together. She didn't like seeing him in pain. And his more draconic traits kind of scared her. She moved around to his side, frowning. The creatures they were up against were going to be horrible. Beings that she would never be able to stand in a long fight against. She could temporarily disable them, maybe for long enough to rescue Gerda before they could fight back, but she didn't know. She'd never had to use her abilities in multi-scale combat before. Just to defend herself when bullies had come after her.

"We'll find her, Kumarai...I can follow her trail...they were sloppy and didn't cover it. I know the lay of this land fairly well from my travelling to festivals. If you can handle any actual combat, I can stun and disable enemies or make them hear sounds elsewhere to move out of the path we have to take. I'll pack us some supplies and tell my grandmother I'll be gone for a while, and we can leave when you're ready to move around"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:10 pm

He saw Silvi flinch and knew it was because of him. His dragon was barely under control  without  that part of its soul. He knew she thought he was a monster. He swallowed past the lump in his throat and nodded his thanks even knowing what they were up against as she agreed to go. Oh if only he had his ability to make people forget they had known him so he wouldn't drag  others into his mess. His eyes were a bit bright a bit of water sparkling on them but he blinked it away. "I should be good to go in a few hours" he lied. Time was of the essence of course, he couldn't afford to be comfortable in this mad rush against time. Gerda's life mattered more and now another one to him.. Silvi. At the cost of his own life he would have to protect them. Even if that meant unleashing the beast within. He leaned up and took off his cloak and ripped shirt leaving him bare chested, a dragon tattoo circling one arm and a rune for water on the other. A faded scar where his heart should be could still be seen. He let the Healer bandage his chest and thanked her for the help. His eyes through it all stayed locked on Silvis' own. She had done something to him that much was certain. She got him to feel again where he never thought he could ever feel, she had to know that. But now was not the time. He laid back on the cot and let the healing flow through him this time silent, long lashes falling to rest against his cheek.

The Warden dug the sharp tool deeper into Gerda's side taking pleasure in the girls screams. "He wont be coming for you you know.. That big guy that was trying to protect you. We left him dead on the side of the road. So let that darkness and despair flow child. I know how much hatred you have for me. Come on! release it!" He laughed as she balled her tiny hands into fists as the anger mounted from his poisonous words.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Silvi stood in silence, watching quietly. She could see the flickers of pain in his eyes and feel the sad melody his soul played. He was keeping her gaze while Miss Lyria healed him, cleaned him up, and worked hard to improve his condition. But it was getting later and later, and she was growing tired. Finally, he released her gaze and she moved toward the door.

"I have to rest and prepare. Miss Lyria, if I'm not back before he wakes, can you bring him to me?"
"Of course, dear. Go rest. You're exhausted. I can see it"

Silvi nodded, slipping out the door and heading a few houses down across the road. Once inside the small comfort of the stone walls, she made herself a cup of hot tea and sipped it while she started to pack some small foods that wouldn't perish too quickly on the journey to save Gerda. When finished, she headed to her room and laid down on the bed, curling up in the blankets. She was tired. So tired. And so she drifted off to sleep, dreaming of the many melodies in her soul...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Through closed eyes, Kumarai's nightmares began. His eyes shifted quickly under the lids as dreams of ages and lifetimes danced in his head. The screams, the terror. Battles fought long ago. Back then hed had his Dragon in control. He had been to large banquets with alot of maidens that paraded before him like an assembly line, his mother berating him to pick one and settle down as a prince should. But he never did find that melody to match the lyrics in his soul and so for a long time he was alone. Millions of faces blurred and rushed past, family faces turning into demonic ones and ripping... tearing into his very soul, casting him out of his home for being a halfbreed. He relived the massacres of every man woman and child torn apart by the sadistic fiends. Back then he was stronger, had saved as many as he could. New images flashed. Gerda, sweet  bright Gerda, so full of life, the bright smile. He smiled back at her and in that instant her bright smile became sadistic and evil her eyes glowing red her teeth razor sharp as she held a bloody dagger to his throat "Its all your fault.. you did this to me. I never loved you like a brother...how could I?" The words echoed and faded  to one more image. Silvi's face. He never quite realized just how lovely she really was before. Why did she have such a strong hold on his heartstrings?  He just barely met her and already he was responsible for uprooting her life and bringing her into one of danger when all she dreamt about was playing music and making a career out of it. Her melody touched his soul and he longed to be a part of it and play music together taking their melodies and making them one. He was moving too fast.. She created a crack in his unbreakable wall so suddenly that he didnt know how to act around her. Perhaps he should keep her at a distance so he wouldnt scare her further? With that thought into play, her lovely face started to melt into one of fear as she screamed at him, banging her fists against his chest, calling him a monster.. an abomination, saying she could never love something so hideous...

His eyes flashed open and he sat up breathing hard. The pain was less but still his sore bones ached  in that fast jolt to consciousness. He looked around the room only to find that his surroundings werent the same as when he passed out. In fact it seemed a bit more homey and warm. He could hear muffled footsteps and some humming as the smell of frying bacon hit his nose. He put his palm hard to his forehead to quell the dizziness and  slowly placed his feet on the floor.  He felt the sheet slide from his body as he stood up and looked down to see fresh bandages  secured around him. He eyed his cloak and ripped shirt hanging on the back of a chair still bloodied and torn. "Oh man those will never do" he muttered and stuck and hand into his back pocket of his pants. He pulled out a small crystal and chanted softly. The crystal grew and grew into a sizable knapsack. He opened it up and brought out some fresh clothes. He put on a billowy cotton shirt with a deep V that went to his chest and had loose laces crossed like a corset and some black leather pants. He then took out a leather jacket and dug into the inside pocket pulling out a pack of cigarettes. He took one out and held it at arms length. Putting a finger to one nostril he blew out and a small well aimed jet of flame erupted the end turning it cherry red before he put it to his lips to take a drag. It always seemed to calm him when he was super stressed. Sticking another cigarette behind his ear, he turned the doorknob and walked out slowly still hearing the humming downstairs. He walked down towards it thinking it was Silvi getting ready and was surprised to see an elderly woman instead.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:18 am

Sylvia Whisperwill was hard at work in the kitchen, her graying hair tucked back into a bun and an apron around her mildly plump form. Amazing smells spread through the house. Hot, freshly baked bread. Sausages on the griddle. Sweet, juicy fruits, neatly sliced into a bowl. Pancakes next to the sausages on the griddle. Grandma Whisperwill was cooking plenty of food. It wasn't often she had guests in her home, and so had decided to enjoy the company of the strange male that Elena had brought to her home at the request of her granddaughter. She heard him as he entered the kitchen. She had an age old wisdom and deep kindness to her as she turned to face him with a warm smile, and she motioned for him to come in further as she set a glass of orange juice on the table for him.

"Come in and sit down, dear. Breakfast is almost done, and my granddaughter should be coming down any moment"

As if on cue, the sound of movement came from above the kitchen where Silvi's bedroom was. The soft padding of feet across the floor as the girl went through her early morning routine. It wasn't much longer before the sound of her descending the stairs came. Her small form was garbed in a pair of shorts and a tank top, the clothing showing just how tiny her frame was, but also that she was in good shape, very healthy. She was clearly still very sleepy, her eyes hardly open. She rubbed at them with her hands, moving through the kitchen to the bathroom. The door closed behind her. Grandma Whisperwill gave a chuckle and smile.

"She's always like that when she first gets up. Once she's done, you'll get to see just how a morning with my granddaughter is"

There was a lingering protective-grandma thought of "and if you're lucky and behave yourself, you'll get to see more of them". Sylvia started to set the table. If he looked closely, Kumarai would be able to sense the musical magick within the old woman as well, a clear connection to where Silvi had gotten her gift from. After a few minutes, Silvi came out of the bathroom looking more refresh and awake. She flushed slightly when she saw Kumarai, smoothing out her change of clothes. She'd chosen a brown underdress with a green overdress and brown leggings, and she'd pulled her hair back into a messy ponytail, with wispy strands bordering her face. (Think basically of my wood elf garb I wore to Renn Faire)

"M-morning..."

Silvi turned her head to her grandmother as the old woman put a hand on her shoulder.

"How about we really kick it up a notch today?"

Silvi's smile grew bright and wide.

"Definitely!"

Sylvia's eyes twinkled as she turned and smiled to Kumarai.

"You're in for a treat. Sit back and enjoy, lad"

A coppery glow started to ripple off of the older woman, and she began to whistle a cheery tune, her magick filling the room and leaving the scent of lavender weaving through the air. Silvi's magick joined her quickly, the silver and copper shimmers weaving around as music came into life around them. Silvi danced around the kitchen, helping to set the table, giggling and doing a little partner swing once with her grandmother, before moving behind Kumarai and covering his eyes with her hands, whispering softly in his ear with a giggle.

"This is where the real magick comes"

She hummed along with the music and watched her grandmother use a little bit of flair to make the table look extra nice, flowers in the middle and everything. Silvi moved her hands from Kumarai's eyes just in time for him to see the little explosion of copper and silver around the room, the sparkles drifting to the floor before disappearing. Silvi laughed, the sound joyous as she did a little hop to the chair at the right side of him and sat down. She looked to him, excited and happy.

"What did you think?! Did you like it?!"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:23 am

His sensitive ears caught the small patter of feet upstairs as the delicious smells caught his nose. He didnt know how she would take to smoking in the house so out of respect he took the half of the cig and pinched the bottom of it with two fingers to put it out and slid it gently on top of the other full one  behind his ear. "Hi ma'am I'm Kumarai. Well met" he said with a slight bow to the kindly old lady and nodded taking her invitation to sit down. He turned hearing Silvi come down the stairs. A slight flush took to his cheeks as he saw her as her tank top and shorts clearly defined her curvatures and frame. His eyes met her own for a second then and he saw how tired she was and felt a pang of guilt. She must have wasted so much energy on him.. he wondered just how much time she stayed up to look after him.

His ear twitched as he heard her grandmother talk again and as he watched Silvi walk from the room again, a smirk came to his face along with a soft chuckle at her grandmother's  protective underlying tone. She didnt have to say it out loud, he could hear and read her thoughts quite clearly. He saw Silvi reenter again looking more rejuvenated then before "Good morning" he replied in a soft  rich voice.  A tingling feeling came upon him as it always did when he felt the Magick. His own blue-green,aqua, and purple aura responded to it lighting him up for a moment before fading. Their scents mixed together quite pleasingly and he couldnt help but laugh as he watched the two of them so happy together. His hand  hit the table in time to the beat of their voices and suddenly his sight went dark as he felt small gentle hands cover his eyes and heard a soft voice whispering into his ear. Her laugh was just as musical as the violin she played and he clapped as their performance came to an end. "It was wonderful. I really enjoyed it. It has been a long time since I got to use or even see magick on this type of scale besides at the festival." He knew then it would be a moment he never would forget  in his life..Especially how the silver light hit her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 8:29 pm

She smelled exactly when his aura spread out. Her own magick wove through his to create the smell of cinnamon and apples. Silvi had to hide the secret delight she felt at the scent. She had been glad that he couldn't see her for a moment until she'd settled enough. Once seated, she put her hands together and sent up a prayer of thanks to whatever deities may exist, before looking to Kumarai.

"Dig in. Grandma is the best cook around"

She sliced a piece of bread for herself, buttering it and piling eggs and sausages onto it, before slapping another piece of buttered bread on top. She started to eat her breakfast sandwich, savoring each bite of her grandmother's wonderful cooking. Her grandmother smiled to Kumarai, beginning to eat as well. She knew they would need to be well fed for the journey they were going on. Elena had told her all about it.
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 8:43 pm

He smelled the mix of his aura and Silvi's to a nice cinnamon apple and he loved it! never before did he smell something so... pleasing. His stomach growled on cue and he shrugged and and started to fill his empty plate. He looked in awe at the many different styles of eggs from scrambled to fried to omelettes to sunny side up. He piled some of the scrambled and took a couple sausages and some sliced ham and chopped them down to mix into the fluffy eggs. He reached for a bowl of shredded cheese and sprinkled it on top of the pile and he hovered his palm over it. A bluegreen  set of flames danced gracefully along his hand heating the cheese to melt it in. He grabbed some bacon strips and more sausages to his plate. Piling some of the eggs on the fork, he took a bite. His eyes widened as the fluffiness of the eggs hit his tongue, his pallet going crazy with all the deliciousness. He didnt realize just how hungry he was and continued to shovel food down. When he got down to almost finished, he looked to Grandma and spoke. "I believe your grandaughter is right. I have never tasted such deliciousness in all the world, not even in the houses of Kings. You truly have a gift Madam." He put the glass of orange juice to his lips and to a sip washing it down. He mentally slapped himself  for that remark hoping that they didnt catch on that hed been high enough to be in a royal house and a prince no less!. He didnt want them to think he was a rich and scabby pompous thing... besides he enjoyed the rebel look.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:59 am

Silvi giggled, shaking her head and swallowing a bite of her scrambled eggs. Grandma Sylvia gave a hearty laugh herself, smiling and shaking her head.

"You needn't say such big things, my dear. Thank you, though"

Silvi shook her head again, frowning.

"But grandma, they don't cook it with as much love as you do. Nothing is ever this delicious, because they aren't you, pouring your love into the meal"
"My my, dear. You grow wiser every day. You already got taller than me so quickly. At least let an old woman see her granddaughter as a little girl for a while longer"

Silvi smiled. She had indeed done a lot of growing over the years. Though she hadn't gained much height, she'd had a passion and thirst for knowledge and music. Her grandmother had been the one to rescue her from her own mind after her parents' death, and had taught her the world of music and life. She didn't want to ever fall back into that place of darkness and sadness again. She glanced to Kumarai.

"I wish I could promise that, Grandma. But I have an adventure to go on. I'm going with Kumarai for a while. I don't know when we'll return, but I'll send word to you every day that I can to let you know I'm okay. And he'll make sure that nothing bad happens to me"
"As much as I would like to stop you, I know I cannot"

Her grandmother stood and moved to her side, kissing her forehead.

"I love you with all my heart, my Silvi, my granddaughter. Will not deny you the chance to see the world. But I will make you promise me two things"
"What would that be?"
"One, that you will be careful and take care of yourself"
"Of course I will"
"Two, that you play your violin for me once before you leave. You play so beautifully, and I want to hear it one more time before you go so that I can hear the song in our home until you come back"
"Of course, grandma. I have to leave the violin behind so it doesn't get broken, but I'd hate to leave without playing it one more time..."

Silvi looked to Kumarai.

"Finish eating in here with grandma. I have to prepare to play"

She stuffed the last of her breakfast sandwich in her mouth, washed up her dishes, then headed for the living room to prepare. She sat down by her violin case, carefully plucking the instrument from it. The cherry-wood violin gleamed in the light that streamed through the windows, leaving a view of the garden at the bottom of the hill, the one that she had danced with Kumarai in the night before. She smiled, rosining the bow, gently wiping the violin off, and tuning it quietly. She wanted to be able to play perfect for her grandmother....and for Kumarai...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:17 am

Kumarai watched their discussion. He could see the love they had for each other. it was  very deep, the bond stronger than steel. Again he regretted tearing her away from her own life..but he never regretted meeting her. If there was one thing in common with both dragons and elves it was their love of music. He didnt know how long it would take to reach  and track Gerda but he knew he would be without if she didnt take her instrument to sate both the elf and the dragon within him for it was, after all, who she was. He looked to her grandmother and and apologized. "Im sorry to eat like this and be off. I shall protect her with my life or die trying. On this you have my word." his eyes grew intense at the last bit as he stared straight into her eyes
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:30 am

Kumarai was given a warm smile from Grandmother Sylvia, and a pat on the shoulder.

"I expect you to take care of my granddaughter...she is the most precious thing to me...I see how you look at her...and I know you will hold to your promise"

-

Silvi waited patiently for her grandmother and Kumarai to come in and be seated. She smiled and lifted the instrument into proper positioning.

"This melody came to me in a dream last night...I hope you love it as much as I did as I walked the path with it..."

(( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7U1835-wbw ))

Silvi took a deep breath, releasing it....and plucking her finger on the strings, letting her magick flow. The silver shimmers rippled and flowed around her slender form as the bow took it's first glide on the strings, the sound of a harp accompaniment played by her magick. She let the slow, beautiful sound drift through the room. And she lost herself in the music, her eyes closed and her body swaying with the music. And then the images started to come alive around her.

Forests of greenery and beauty drifted past her, a gentle breeze rustling her hair. After a short journey, it began to rain, a lone figure drifting down a path at night, sad and alone. The figure of the featureless woman kept gliding along until she reached a cliff edge. She was prepared to jump. A featureless man came running out from the trees after her, diving from the edge as she leapt off, grabbing her hand. A wild rush of magick, and they floated in the air, the man with wings embracing the woman. The woman tilted her face up. The man kissed away her tears. And then they shared a kiss, the rain passing and the warmth of the sun casting a glow on them. The last images as her song began to close....was of the couple walking down the sunny green path, hand in hand, disappearing in a wisp of color as the song finished and the magick settled around Silvi, leaving just here standing there with her violin...
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 am

His cheeks flushed a darker red at her words. This woman was perceptive. He followed her into the room where Silvi stood. He listened to her music flow and closed his eyes to better days and it made him want to weep. He could feel it sinking into the walls and the floor and the ceiling, into himself.  He had to keep this girl alive not just for her gran but for him as well.

When she finished her set, the images started to fade but not from him. It haunted his mind as he felt another crack in the barrier of his heart shatter. He tried to look hard at the faces but they evaded him. Yet somehow he knew them to be significant to him. He spoke softly his voice cracking just a bit to betray his emotion "Please... Take it with you. It may bring  good comfort on the long road ahead... even perhaps... save lives. I could cast a spell  over it to keep it from breaking" he added.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:45 am

Silvi finally opened her eyes, a sad frown on her lips as she shook her head.

"Even if it were unbreakable...it's still a burden to carry. I can't bring it. I don't want anything bad to happen to it......I wouldn't know what to do if it was lost or stolen or broken or someone counter enchanted it..."

Tears welled in her eyes and her lower lip trembled as she carefully packed it into its case.

"It has to stay behind..."

She handed the case to her grandmother.

"Take care of it while I'm gone...."
"Of course, granddaughter. I'll treasure it as I treasure you and your beautiful sound"

Silvi nodded, retreating for the upstairs. Grandma Sylvia smiled.

"She'll come down soon enough...she won't want you to see her cry. After her parents died, she was very withdrawn and empty. Finding music is what saved her, so it terrifies her to leave it behind. I'm sure she has some kind of little instrument packed with her. An ocarina or flute most likely. But Kumarai...watch over her...she's fragile..."
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:12 am

A frown creased his lips "I'm sorry to hear... Music is also my savior as well." he placed a hand on her cheek "This fragile flower will be kept safe."  He helped gather the dishes then  watching closely as her grandmother took  the case placing it  where it would be protected. He would let Silvi be for that's what she needed right now even though every muscle and instinct in him told him to go and comfort her.  

He excused himself and followed the path to where Sylvia hid her instrument. He knew she might hate him for this, but he had to do it. It was a part of her. She needed to be complete in the task ahead. Besides if there was a chance they were too late, perhaps her playing  could save..." He felt a small pain and whispered Gerda's name. Poor girl must be so scared and in that pain he knew it must be hers. He got to the case, opened it and reached a hand out to grab it but stopped half way and sucked in a breath. He couldnt do this.... there had to be another way. He closed the lid and  hid it back where it was, thanked Grandma Sylvia again for the food and waited in the gardens for Silvi to come down so they could be off.

Kumarai walked to the fountain where he gave her the dance and gently touched the stone structure. He took a seat right where she had sat before. He knew shed be heartbroken without that violin but obviously it meant alot to her to leave it behind. He looked at the nearest tree to him and began to sing in Elvish as the wood elves taught him. As he had a passion to play all kinds of instruments himself, his other passion was to sing though not known by most including most of his family. His rich voice melted into the tree as he thanked it for the oxygen and life it provided. He asked of it a branch so he could carve with it the most beautiful instrument. The tree shuddered slightly as it gave up one of its many thick branches. He sang its pain away as the wood floated into his hands. He told himself that most of this would be done by hand and not all magick for what joy would it be to simply wave a hand and have it all set instead of painstaking work to show the true masterpiece? He took out a dagger  and began to chisel the shape at least.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:20 pm

It took roughly an hour for Silvi to calm down. Leaving the violin was going to be difficult for her. She loved it, and cherished it more than most people would. She descended the stairs only when she had assured that her face was no longer puffy from crying, her gear packed and ready to go in a small holding bag that was enchanted to hold a small amount of items. She hugged her grandmother tightly.

"I'll be back before you know it"
"Take care, my little Silvi. Kumarai is down by the fountain waiting for you"
"Thank you grandma. I will"

She carried her little pack of supplies outside, heading down the hill towards the fountain. She could feel the lingering essences of his magick in the air, and see him whittling away at a hunk of wood. She called out to him.

"Kumarai? Are you ready to go?"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:09 pm

He looked up at the sound of her voice. If she was crying not to long ago he never would have guessed. In fact she looked a little more determined. "Yup all set" he said standing up. He took the crystal from his back pocket  and whispered the word enlarging into a small pack and placing the hunk of wood in with his cloak and shirt that were still pretty banged up. He would have to wash them soon.

He walked in silence  for a bit as they got further and further away from Grandma Sylvia's house. After a few miles down the road and the silence becoming a bit unbearable, he looked to her. "Hey Silvi, What's your favorite color?" he asked
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Silvi waited until he magickally packed away his work, and began to walk at his side. The way out of town was quiet, with nothing but the sounds of nature around them. Birds soared through the air, chirping and singing their own melodies. Squirrels chittered as they leapt across branches. The leaves rustled in the light breeze, creating a light whisper of sound. She loved it. It was like a symphony of life, making her heart sing along with it. The sudden question from Kumarai snapped her out of her daydream, and she looked to him as they walked.

"Favorite color...? I'd have to say green. It's...a strong and beautiful, yet gentle and kind color. It creates peace and life. It's why I love gardens so much. There's so much greenery and nature and it's just beautiful"

Silvi smiled, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"What about you? What's your favorite color?"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 am

He watched her as he waited for her answer hearing the life all around in the natural and pure music.  He glanced at the homes of the people so simple and beautiful in their own way  and lessening the further they continued own the landscape slowly changing to more of a woodsy way. Gerda's scent  was fading fast and it took all he had to keep on track. " Green is a great color though ive always been partial to blue. Might have to do with where i was raised."

He put his hand in his jacket pocket and pulled out a a crystal attached to a chain.  He stood in front of her and unhooked it and placed it around her neck. The white gem tuned to a beautiful emerald forest green color as it hit her chest. "This crystal will help protect and shield your signature from most demons. I have also put a bit of my aura inside it. That way if you ever need me , all you have to do is say my name to the crystal and I will come unless I have gone from this life." He smiled bit somewhat kind of painfully then stepped back beside her and continued speaking. "That song was lovely by the way. You bared your heart showing your dreams. So in return, I will do the same." He took a deep breath. Never before has he told anyone about himself, his past, his life. But he yearned for someone to talk to, to share what he knew and he felt he could trust her at least with a little bit. "I shall tell you of how my parents met."

"There are four Realms in this world. The kingdom of Water, the kingdom of Earth, the kingdom of Fire, and the kingdom of Air. I will not divulge the secret of these 3 other realms for they are not mine to give and strictly speaking my father wouldnt want me to divulge anything, but his laws be damned. Because water elves flow like the habitat they live in, they can shift into various forms to adapt and suit their lifestyle. My father, a lord of the Water, left his home for a routine scout, what you humans refer to as Atlantis and took the shape of a dolphin one day  jumping joyfully through the waves. A lady of the air, a dragon, was flying  in search of food. She eyed the lone dolphin and came up behind him silently. Oh she knew it was no mere dolphin, but decided to have fun anyway. As the dolphin leapt again, she caught him in her talons and flew back towards her realm in the clouds. Her hunger overtook her sanity and as she leaned down to snatch him into her mouth he changed back to his elven self. He tried to reason with her but she wasnt having it. As she came again for the kill, he took out a water harp and strung the cords softly. The dragon stopped in her tracks, seduced by the music that came from the harp. Sense overruled her desire to eat him as this elvan man seduced her with music. she went to a form that matched his and she was beautiful. He was just as entranced as her. They fell in love and though many disaggread with their arrangement, they didnt care. Soon they had me and taught me the ways of the water and the sky. Then one day, my mother disappeared and wasnt heard from again. On top of that I was framed for a murder I never committed and because of said parentage and was thrust into this prophesy that only when I stopped the great evil could I return home, a test to prove my loyalties. and so here I am" he finished quietly a bit of pain hitting his features
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 12:23 am

She was grateful she didn't need a scent to track Gerda. Her magick would guide her along the path of sound to find her. Silvi was pulled from her thoughts once more as Kumarai stepped in front of her, stopping her from moving forward. She blinked and looked up at him. Her eyes followed the crystal as he placed it around her neck, her cheeks lighting up a blaze of dark pink. She grabbed the crystal with her fingertips, looking at it.

"It's....beautiful....I don't....you...thank you..."

She put her head down to hide her blush, nibbling her lower lip. She was glad when they continued walking. She listened to his story......and by the end, she wanted to cry for him. To be cast out for what he had not done, and treated as though he were some lowly being because of his mixed heritages, was horrible. Her lower lip trembled and she felt her eyes started to water. Her voice was strained ever so slightly as she spoke.

"I promise I'll find Gerda.......we'll save her, and then I'll help you with the quest your people gave you....it's not right for them to treat you like that....it's just not..."
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 3:11 pm

He smiled a little watching her stutter over herself. It made her even more adorable looking, an image he wouldn't soon forget. He was glad she liked the gift "Your welcome. Hence why I hide myself up here, why I hardly use any magick. Halfbreeds are always treated with reserve. I guess its common in every race that people fear whatever is different. Also the more magick I use, the faster these demons would find me. Contrary to what most think about Dragons, not all of them are bloodthirsty and burn villages for sport though that would definitely be a trait of the Reds. They just love fiercely and will do anything to protect that. I am flattered you want to help me but this is something I need to do alone.. to prove I'm not a danger to the other races" he said. ~To prove I didnt kill her~ he thought to himself. He had done alot of bad things in the past he wasnt proud of when he was younger and in a more rebellious stage, which had calmed down some but wasnt completely gone for he still had his bad boy streak, but murder was never a deed he had committed. Yet in his heart, he was conflicted. Though he should be the one to do it alone and told her as much, deep down he didnt want to be alone anymore. All his long life hed been alone. He yearned to be able to vent to someone, to share his secrets and stories with so he didnt have to carry the burden alone. Could he be selfish enough to keep her close and  possibly lose her in this demon hatefilled battle?  No! he couldnt risk that.. he had to push her away.. had to distance himself for her sake no matter what he promised Grandma Sylvia. He thought of her dream then, blurry images and silhouettes of a feminine figure holding on for dear life and a masculine figure covering her with wings. Maybe, he was the man in that dream. Just maybe in saving her, she would save him...

Kumarai glanced up and stopped  as he faced a gate of trees... The entrance and boundary line to the forest. He was out of his element here. Though he had ability with the elements, he never got to finish his training with the Earth realm. Add that most of his Draconic abilities were taken from him when part of his essence was ripped from him he dared not tap into that side for fear of what the unstable dragon within would do. He could feel the water of the brooks and streams and waterfalls throughout the  league of forest, but Gerda's scent was dead to him." The trail ends here. Ive lost her scent completely but you seem sure of knowing you will find her. Got any ideas??" He asked as he let her take the lead to the entrance of the woods.

Gerda lay in her own pool of blood on the cell floor as the warden cackled and walked away down the hall as was its usual habit. Her reserve of hope was beginning to fail her. Mangy gold hair which was once bright and full of life and now filled with blood and filth, covered most of her face. Abrasions of purple and sickly green covered her body. She could hardly move. As her head tipped to the side, a slight jingling was heard. It was the headdress Rai had gotten for her. Where was he? Was the demon right?? Was he dead?? Or did he just not care enough to come find her as the demon suggested in one of their many torture sessions. That small seed of doubt began to take root in her heart creating a small spot of darkness on it. Gritting her teeth and with an angry cry, she ripped the headpiece from her hair and threw it across the room. With that burst of anger, the spot began to vein out and grow a bit more...
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Silvi knew he was deeply lost in his thoughts for some time. He went silent, occasionally glancing at her, but never giving a clue as to what he was thinking about. She moved along silently, her ears following the trail that it needed to keep track of. When they finally came upon the woodland line, she glanced up to him at his words, and smiled.

"I can follow her from here. It's difficult to explain, but everyone has their own inner music. The soul is an echo of it. It also, however, reflects in the world around us. The earth has a musical flow. I can communicate with it. The whispers in the wind, the babbling of a brook, the chirping of a bird....I can hear all of it. And so I can follow the trail of her essence where it has slightly altered the flow of sound and left the path for me to follow. She has also made sound wherever the creatures have taken her, so it makes it much easier for me to track her, because the wind will provide the trail as though she were a beacon"

Silvi moved ahead of him, her small form weaving through the trees. She was like a woodland elf, not hindered by the land, moving freely without any real kind of hardship. She loved forested areas. They were like a second home to her, where she could dance freely and play her music to share with nature's bounty. It was a sense of freedom and beauty and wonder, and she never wanted to surrender that feeling. She had adapted to the terrain with ease, and so it came simply to her to just flow through it.

"They've taken her fairly far, but not too much so. We can reach them in a day's time"
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:40 pm

He listened as she explained it all. This was the training he had missed. She glided so effortlessly through the trees it was as if they welcomed one of their own. During his times, learning about the different realms and their elements and souls, hed never quite had the patience to sit and learn everything completely and rushed through it.  It was as if she was opening his eyes for the very first time, a feat none had ever accomplished. What was it about this small petite yet determined girl that continued to astonish him? He was too proud to admit he would ever need help but facet by facet  she was breaking his impenetrable diamond wall. Perhaps he should show some humility and ask for help.

"So can anyone do this? Tap into and see this flow? Is it hard to do?" He didnt realize it but  he had sub consciously opened his pouch and taken out the hunk of wood and his dagger. It seemed to calm him when his hands were in motion. Slowly he followed her through the trees as wood shavings carpeted the trail
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 12:34 am

Silvi shook her head.

"Many people cannot. For various reasons. Mostly because of not believing in it. Also due to lack of magickal capability. I was lucky that my grandmother had the gift of music, and it was passed down to me. To those without music as their form of magick, it is more difficult to find, and they are never fully able to grasp the depth and level of sound as someone with it could. You, for example, do not possess music as your magick. You could learn to hear the sounds of nature, the different intonations of a person, maybe even enough to alter sound...but you would be incredibly unlikely to follow the mere traces of sound in the way I am doing now to find Gerda"

She paused momentarily, closing her eyes and listening. She felt it fluttering again. A scream. That meant that whatever was happening to Gerda, it was bad and she was being hurt. Silvi needed to hurry. She resumed her path, moving at a slightly quicker speed. She wanted to make sure that she would cover the most amount of ground before she had to rest, which meant she had to set a particular pace so as not to overexert her small body.

It was when another sound crossed her senses. Footfalls echoed through the music of the trees. She felt it. The sound was heavy and weighted with negative energy. Then another sound, one more light of foot, the whisper of leather boots shuffling through the dirt. Another lightfooted leather wearer was not long behind, coming at a slightly different angle. Silvi frowned and stopped, her smile gone and her senses very alert.

"Whatever you're carving, you may wish to put it away...we're not alone"

Her only guess would be bandits. The sound was clearly trying to hide, and she could feel the music of the trees whispering a warning to her. They were in danger.

"Drawing your weapons would also be a good idea.....there are three...and they are not friendly..."
Back to top Go down
Kumarai Von Detton

Kumarai Von Detton

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 12:52 am

He felt rather than saw her alertness before he heard her voice.. the beat of her heart accelerated the tenseness of her shoulders and back. He may not be able to hear musical signatures, but he was part reptile and they had very keen senses, a gift of his mothers heritage, as well as quick reflexes for battle. He took his dagger and in one fluid motion, he stuck it in his back pocket and tossed the hunk of wood in the air, grabbing the pouch and opening it and as the wood went inside, he twisted his lithe body and pulled out his claymore. He put his back to Silvi watching the rear as the piece of cloth tied to the handle fluttered in the wind. His pupils went vertical, the tip of his sword down into the earth, he took a stance and watched through the trees not trusting himself to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)   To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next