Roleplay Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place for roleplayers to come together.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am by Erik Daedalus Skorm

» To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 am by Kumarai Von Detton

» Carbon Copy - (Z and Artemis only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:57 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Under A Dragon Moon ~~Xnigona and Zeria Only~~
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Zeria's Soul-Torn Warriors
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» The Red String - (Z and Yoi only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:44 pm by YoiYumeo

» HI I AM A COOL FISH, LOVE ME YO
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm by Kumarai Von Detton

» Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» Soul Mender - (Zeria and Stryker only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm by Stryker

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Zeria Iiyasei
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_vote13Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_voti10Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_vote11 
Caleb
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_vote13Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_voti10Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_vote11 
Konayuki
Stryker
CarnifexDragon
Warder117
Kira Yamato
Kumarai Von Detton
Elmo
kreamator
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 135 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) Empty
PostSubject: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Filthy peasants, all of them. How disgusting. James, son of Duke Markus Larcen, flipped his blonde hair from his face, voicing his disdain at the peasant whore in his bed, who cried and stared at him with a broken expression on her face.

"Was I not clear? You are to be gone by morning"
"But...you said you loved me...you courted me...I...I don't understand..."
"Obviously someone of your lesser intelligence doesn't get it. You have one use. One. You're a good fuck, and then you're nothing. Get out of my bed before I throw you out"

The girl sobbed and hastily grabbed her clothing, bolting out of his room and leaving the manse. James smirked. It deserved that little whore right. He would never saddle himself with such filth.

Suddenly, there was silence. And not just silence….an odd, creeping sense of dread. He felt his heart rate climb slightly.

"Who goes there?! Answer, or I'll have you hanged!"

He felt a presence drawing ever nearer to him. It came from the hallway. Slowly, the sounds of screams echoed down the hall, and James let out a scream himself as a mass of shadows began to move down the hall towards him, the being inside completely shrouded in absolute darkness. He stepped back into his quarters, slamming the door shut and locking it, before shoving his dresser in front of it, snatching up the dagger he kept in his bedside drawer.

"Whatever you are, I'll give you whatever you require in exchange for my safety! Money, wenches, whatever you desire!"

The screams grew louder and louder until they stopped outside his door. Silence. He could hear his heart pounding in his chest, and he swallowed hard. His palms grew sweaty. Had the creature decided to take him up on his offer? The door splintered apart without warning, his dresser being destroyed with it, revealing the shadow clad creature. It was humanoid in shape, but he could not see more than that. He screamed and brandished his dagger.

"What is it you want?!"

Finally, the shadows parted to reveal the figure inside. A tall, slender female stared back at him, her eyes a swirling blue green with black slits down the middle. No more of her face could be seen, thanks to a black mask that covered it. For a moment, his gaze roved over her body, taking in each curve, the exposed flesh of her stomach that had a strange tattoo inked into it, the swell of her breasts...she was quite arousing to look at in that skintight bodysuit of hers.

"Have you desire for money? Power? Sex, perhaps?"

He hoped for the latter. She shook her head at his offers, finally speaking past the mask. Her voice was more than he could ever have imagined; it was sinfully touchable in a way no woman's voice should be, reaching into the depths of his soul to light a fire within him. However, as hauntingly beautiful as it was, it was dual-layered and coated with pure, unadulterated power.

"I wondered whose soul would be so tainted...I see you are the perfect candidate for my judgement..."
"Wh-what are you talking about?"

She placed her hand over the tattoo on her stomach, producing a massive black scythe that returned the screaming to the room...the screams from it...and the scream from James. She held it out, hooking the blade behind his neck.

"P-p-please! I'll give you whatever you want!"

Her eyes were empty.

"All I want...is for you to die..."

His scream was cut off as his head fell to the floor, no longer attached to his body, the soul being absorbed into the scythe. The woman sighed, taking her leave of the place.

~

And such were the topics of gossip in the town for weeks to follow. Tales of a tall, darkly clad woman who was like a ghost, anywhere she pleased, bringing a dark aura and sense of death wherever she went. The rumors spread that she had taken up refuge in an old underground crypt below a cemetery a mile outside of the town. Several deaths had happened in their town since the woman had showed up, and a group of people were forming a small squad to go and get rid of her by any means necessary....

Last edited by Zeria Iiyasei on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:24 am

Two boys were in a large clearing one with ashen hair and green eyes ringed with silver, the other with blue hair sitting  by a stream giggling softly at the butterflies that kept landing on his outstretched finger. The ashen haired young man was  practicing his sword fighting poses. Thrust. Backhand. Overchop.  He was in full concentration seeing enemies in his minds eye, blocking and attacking. The other sword lay forgotten, even though the edges were dulled with a simple spell.

As the giggle wafted on the breeze, it hit the young mans concentrating ears and  he stopped and sighed glancing at the other boy by the water.

"Wren come over here! Your supposed to be learning this stuff. how else will you pull in the sexy ladies?"

Erik teased eyeing his friend with mock exasperation.

Tobias Wren, a simple man who lived more in nature than in villages or cities, sighed as the butterflies took off

"Erik, you know I abhor bloodshed. And what do you mean how else can I draw ladies? I can draw them anytime I want without violence."

Erik shook his head and laughed. He had known Wren for years and he loved him like a brother. it was time for him to meet someone and settle down. but in his heart he knew it would probably be a long time before that ever happened.

"Your to shy for that my friend. You need to learn to defend yourself your too soft. What happens when your not by water and you cant summon it to help you?? you need another way to defend yourself."

"I am what my nature is.. soft like water but can defeat the hardest of rock over time.."

He cut off as  he watched a peasant girl running from the direction of the castle. She was crying.. he could smell her tears. Erik smiled wickedly

"Ok you said anytime anywhere how about that one?"

he asked pointing at the running girl. Wren got up to go and see if the girl was alright when Erik tackled him from behind with a laugh.

Last edited by Erik Daedalus Skorm on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:51 am

The girl was a bit roughed up, bruises marring her skin from how the noble's son had treated her. She choked back a sob, tears streaming down her cheeks. How could he do such a thing to her? She had believe all of his sweet words, his calls of love. And then he had just thrown her away. She kept running, wanting to get as far away from the noble's castle, and back to the farmhouse in which she lived. She didn't want to face her parents....didn't want to tell them what had happened.

She tossed the memory around in her mind. She was running through the halls, when she had run into a tall mass of shadows. She had screamed, terrified, but inside them had been a woman who had assured her that justice would be taken on her behalf. The tall woman had patted her on the head, brushed away some of her tears, and promised her that she would come to find her afterwards. She hadn't believed anyone could make James pay for what he'd done. She just kept running....

~

Not long after, another creature came down the pathway. A shadowy figure, one that moved slowly, aura shifting and changing and turning around her. The sunlight did not do her well. It was uncomfortable, and despite her fresh meal, she felt...tired. She had to get back to the underground mausoleum. She would be safe there, among the cold and darkness, with the dead to surround her and protect her.

Nocta swore softly under her breath, trying to move more quickly. She could feel the force of townsfolk gathering. They had finally had enough of her. They wanted to kill her. How sad that they wanted to kill someone who had only done good for their home and corrected wrongs with her own personal brand of justice. She continued on, trying to ignore the two men that she passed by. She could feel the strength in their life forces. She could not fight them both if they attacked her. Not in broad daylight. She would be lucky if she could even get her scythe out before they seriously wounded her.

She was neither alive, nor dead. But if she was wounded fatally enough, even she would not be able to keep herself in her state of living. She brushed a bothersome strand of her black hair from her face, moving along. She hoped they would take little to no notice of her, despite that she stood out against the terrain in all her black clothing, her pale skin practically translucent.

***She felt the incoming attacker before he quite reached her, his energy coming from the hill above. She heard the battle cry as he leapt from it, axes at the ready to kill her. She tumbled out of the way, rolling to her feet and spinning her body around, pulling the scythe from her body in one fluid movement to face her attacker. The sound of screams exploded into her aura, and she used the scythe to block one axe as it came down at her from the thick barbarian of a man.

"Die, inhuman filth!"

She leaned her body back to avoid the second axe as it came sweeping where her head had been moments previous, then spun her body with inhuman strength and wrenched the axe from his grip, flinging it away and spinning again....the blade of her scythe slicing into the meatbag's gut. He pulled away, then charged at her. She spun out of the way, hooking her scythe in such a manner that he beheaded himself on the blade. The scythe absorbed the soul without a wasted moment, and Nocta felt some strength return to her, easing some of her weariness. She returned the scythe into her body, glancing over her shoulder at the two men, who she was sure were watching.

They were better off not knowing anything more than necessary, but it was better to warn them. She spoke, the haunting melody of her voice calling out to them, only slightly muffled by the mask covering most of her face.

"You would do best to forget what you saw...for the sake of your own lives..."

She turned and began to walk away. She had to get to the underground mausoleum. She would have a defense there...
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 1:42 am

Erik suddenly felt a coldness and looked up sharply. The girl that was crying was gone  but there was another following the path the girl had run. He stood up as Tobias  got to his knees and dusted most of his shirt off.

"That wasnt funny Erik she looked like she needed help."

He continued to stand up and dust everything else off that he missed. He looked up, his sharp blue eyes going in the same direction as Erik's did. Instead of the seemly peasant girl, he now  saw something darker. Nervously he splayed his hands in front of him fingers wide out staring intensely. Nothing happened. He heard the woman speak and a chill went through his bones. Erik remained tense, his vamperic fangs dropping from their sheaths. The woman made the threat clear but didnt seem to act on hurting them. Still he didnt trust her and his hand tightened around his katana.

"Erik. Erik. did you see that woman? I couldnt control her. It was like she had no fluid within her body"

"Of course she doesnt... Shes not alive."

"Not alive? but how is that possible? She was walking wasnt she?"

"Dude youve known me for how long?? My father Valin is a living dead Necromancer. I told you it was possible. The question is... can we trust her?. I dont like the fact that shes following after that girl. Maybe we should follow her and make sure no harm comes to her."

"Do you think it could be that death lady that you say everyone keeps talking about in the village?"

"It just may very well be. Come on Toby Goby, Lets follow her"

Wren bit his lower lip twisting the silver piercing round and round.

"I have a bad feeling about this. and I told you not to call me that"

he said quietly. But deep down he was curious to know the truth. Besides she was indeed very pretty.

They kept a good distance but keen eyes on the dark woman.  It looked like she was heading for an old crypt. They stayed hidden as she entered. Erik spoke softly

"Well she didnt go for the girl thats good. but I wonder what could be in there"

he said pointing to the Mausoleum

Last edited by Erik Daedalus Skorm on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 1:53 am

They followed her. She felt it. Two strong life forces, the same ones from before. She frowned and quickened her pace. She had to get down to safety before they decided she was a threat, even though she was not. Her footsteps were quick as she slipped into the entry gate of the mausoleum, then dipped down the stairs and into the main chamber. She moved to the back, weaving her magick to raise the dead within.

She lined them up in a defensive formation, putting her back against the wall and sliding down. She was tired. So tired. The darkness of the mausoleum helped to ease her weariness, the soft torchlight much easier to deal with than the brightness of the sun. She leaned her head back, closing her eyes. She couldn't afford to fall asleep just yet. The two men were at the entrance to her temporary home.

Nocta gave a wave of her hand, another pair of undead climbing out of the walls to stand at her sides, armed with spears. She placed her palm over her stomach, ready to draw the scythe should she need it. She didn't know them. She didn't trust them. And if they were following her, they were a potential threat. She had to be ready for anything. She waited for them to descend far enough down to hear her, calling out to them.

"If you are here to kill me, know you will not leave this place alive. I have caused you no harm. No quarrel. I just want to be left alone..."

She clenched her fists tightly, her voice echoing with a deeper sadness that stemmed from her constant isolation.

"I bring justice to those who cannot take it for themselves. I am no villain to any of you but those who are deserving of death"
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 2:18 am

Erik could feel the dankness as he and Wren walked down the stairs. He suddenly felt a spell coming on, one  that seemed familiar to him... like it was his father training him. So she was a necromancer as well.

Erik looked to Wren as if to ask would you like to try or should I. Wren could feel the water in the stone. He gave a soft sigh of relief and looked to Erik.

"Id like to try this one. As they say water often soothes the pain."

Erik smirked and nodded lifting his hand up and out as if to let him take the lead. Finally he was going up for the test.

Wren walked slowly down the rest of the stairs palms open to show he carried no weapon.

"Please. We are not here to harm you. My friend and I were just making sure that you werent going to harm someone"

He stepped closer to her. It was so dark he couldnt see too well. He took the surrounding water within the damp walls and called it to him making some spheres of light. The dead soldiers at her command  frightened him but he put on a brave face.

"You and us...we are alike in many ways. We too help the weak when they are oppressed by the strong. We will not fight you. If it is however peace you want we shall go and leave you too it. Im just glad noone was hurt.

His light gleamed off of her porcelain like face. He was mesmerized by the beauty she held both by appearance and by the sound of her voice. He stared at her for what seemed like ages and finally realized that it was longer then it should have been and with blushed red cheeks he turned and headed back towards Erik and stood behind him just barely over his shoulder so his eyes were visible.

Erik chuckled at his antics and slid his katana back into his sheath.

"Forgive my friend. Hes a bit shy. Youll not have to worry about us trying to kill you. You seem on the side of good. Im Erik and this is Tobias Wren..."

"Or Toby but I prefer Wren"

"And we were just passing through. We shall leave you to your peace"

he said and  turning to Wren and grabbing his arm he went back up the stairs and outside.

"Nice work there Romeo"

he teased and started to head out.

Wren looked back towards the opening hoping she would come out and offer a name at least

Last edited by Erik Daedalus Skorm on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 2:37 am

She found relief in the fact that they did not wish her any harm. She found even more in the fact that they were doing similar good for the helpless, innocent people. It was when the one called Tobias was staring at her very intensely that she realized her mistake. Her mask was off. She gasped and snatched it back up, quickly replacing it to hide the ugliness of her features.

"I see..."

They were going to give her leave. Nocta nodded and let them begin their ascend back to the surface. With a sigh, she realized she had not presented her name, and that it was a rude thing to do. She pushed to her feet, making her own ascent after them, leaving her undead to guard her sanctuary. She stopped in the stone entryway of the mausoleum, calling out to them.

"My name is Nocta Nyxeris...I hail from the lands of Kordia to the far east. You would be wise to not associate with me. The town is less than pleased by my presence. If you are thought to be an associate of mine, they may very well attack you, just as they intend to attack me at nightfall. Be careful"

She turned, moving to descend back into the mausoleum's depths. She had to rest before nightfall and regain enough strength to fight. Raising undead was a simple task if it was only a few minions. Raising enough to defend herself from a mass of angry townsfolk armed with weapons and a fierce desire to kill her was going to be more difficult. She frowned, the color blue lingering in her mind. The one called Tobias....he was so very blue. She closed her eyes as she settled back into her place on the floor to rest, picturing him. He was indeed very shy, yet he had stared at her for so long. She wondered how disgusted he had been by her appearance, but shook away the thoughts and let her mind relax, leaving all of her undead with orders to let no one in if they wished her harm, and to kill anything that did. She let out a long sigh, speaking her mantra.

"Death is a cycle...we live...we die...we live...we die...death is inevitable...a thing to be both revered and feared...an inescapable reality...nothing can save us from death..."
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 3:02 am

Just as he was about to lose hope there she was calling out to them.

"Well strictly speaking we arent very wise. I too know what its like to be an outcast even when your trying to help people. I myself hail from the Skorm Nation far to the North. Wren here is more of a wanderer but hes like my brother"

He laughed softly and looked to Wren.

"Nocta. A very pretty and unique name and truly well picked for one of such lovely features. And as it stands we are already associated with you and well if the people dont like it, tough for them. We will help you guard this place for tonight but we may have to be off soon."

He bowed to her and Erik followed suit. It was nice to know there were other Necromancers out there. Not many like him were on the side of good. Perhaps he could befriend this one after all.

"No need to post sentries. I can tell summoning them took alot out of you. Rest up and gain your strength back and perhaps you may just see us again before we head off."

Wren watched her descend back into the dark. He didnt know why but she seemed so sad. and that made himself sad. As Erik set up his own protective spells around her mausoleum, Wren closed his eyes his body de-materializing  into water that joined into the walls. He heard her speak her mantra and willed his face to form on the wall by her out of the water rivulets.

"It is inevitable, but one doesnt have to suffer it alone. That's why life is so precious and worth fighting for"  

His face winked at her and disappeared seeping back into the walls, back topside and gathered into a puddle. The droplets began to climb on top of each other and form into his own body. He hoped that her last image of the night would be that wink, to know she wasnt alone.

Last edited by Erik Daedalus Skorm on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Nocta let her body begin to relax. Despite not being truly dead, she could still feel, much to her disdain. Things would have been so much easier for her if sensations were lost and emotions were stripped away. Not that she expressed much emotion anymore, but it would have been simpler to be empty than to walk around in a state of perpetual sadness and agony over the past. She sighed, repeating her mantra again.

Water creeped through the walls, and her fisted knife came flying towards Wren's face, stopping just an inch from it. He had startled her, moving so quickly through the walls. She dropped her blade back to her side with a sigh at his words.

"Because even in death...we are alone..."

She closed the swirling blue-green pools of her eyes once more, letting her mind slowly draw closed, some of the undead crumbling apart. If the two had sworn to protect her while she rested, she would conserve energy. They had no idea how large the attack was going to be...

~~~

She awoke, feeling stronger than ever as the moon reached it's peak in the sky, shining full and bright. She felt the approach of danger. They had mustered more than she had expected. After the death of his son, the noble lord had called upon nothing short of a small army. She frowned to herself under her mask, pushing to her feet and dusting herself off. It was a good thing she was so well-rested. If they chose to fight, which she was sure they would, she would need every drop of strength possible.

Nocta made her ascent, the few undead that were left following her up the stairs. She appeared at the entryway to the mausoleum, her eyes seeking out the mass of torches that came down the road. Her energy flared, and a dark look settled in her eyes. They had already made their choices. They had begun their walk on the path to death. They were led by the captain of the noble's guard himself, the one she had slipped past with ease after killing James. The mass of people reached the cemetery grounds, stopping at the fence line. Their captain shouted out to her.

"Foul demon! You will plague our lands no more! Prepare to return from the hell whence you came, as penance for your crimes!"

Nocta gave a small chuckle, lifting her head.

"I have committed no crime. I brought justice to those who could not take it for themselves, and I have bettered your world for it. I will not be killed here"
"You are one woman against all of us. Don't fool yourself into thinking you will survive this"

Again, she chuckled, a smile curling to her lips behind her mask.

"You think I am alone..."

Her magick exploded outwards, the dead beginning to burst from the earth, effectively placing themselves between her and the small army that wanted her dead. They made a military formation, and Nocta smiled as she heard the gasps and screams of the people. They branded her a monster. A demon. A devil. She created a path down the middle of her army, plucking her mask from her face in the hopes that her surely hideous features would frighten them further. Poor woman didn't realize she was actually rather beautiful, the only thing that marred her face a small scar line in a curve around her left cheek.

"You have one last chance to all flee. I warned you that I will not be slain. Leave"
"We would never let a devil like you remain alive!"

She saw some of the people hesitating. They were afraid. They didn't want to fight her or the mass of undead behind her. She had to make them see. Had to make them run away from the fight. She sighed, shaking her head.

"Send your finest warrior to fight me. I will not use my army, you are forbidden from using yours. If your warrior can wound me once, then I will surrender to you without further fighting"

She felt her small victory. The captain was full enough of himself that he immediately accepted her terms and stepped forward. Nocta waved her army back into a tighter formation, leaving room for her and the captain to fight. She called out briefly, wanting the other two to know her wishes.

"To the two who offered me protection...you must not interfere with this fight. This is my battle, not yours"

She glanced to the captain, a slight smile on her lips.

"I presume you will use the sword in your hands, captain?"
"Of course. I see you are weaponless without your army. You made a stupid decision, devil's whore"
"It is you who is the foolish one"

Nocta placed her palm over the tattoo on her stomach, pulling forth the scythe. The sound of screams echoed in the air...from both her scythe and the people in the army. Calls of her being death incarnate filled the air. She smirked at the disturbed look on the captain's face.

"Shall we begin?"

His foolish pride would not let him back down. He came charging at her. She spun out of the way. For the next several minutes, the battle remained the same. He would try to attack her, she would either dodge or block, spitting comments at him to rile him up further. She waited, crafting her perfect moment. He would slip up in the perfect manner sooner or later. The battle was already choreographed in her mind.

He made his folly. He tried to feint to the left and swing at her from the right. She caught his weapon with her scythe blade, wrenching it from his grip and throwing him face first to the ground. Nocta slammed a powerful kick into his side, then waited for him to start pushing up onto his knees, before hooking her scythe blade under where his head was, her foot on top of his back, slowly pushing him down. He tried to fight her, but his human strength was far weaker by comparison to hers. She smiled emptily to him, and let the familiar words of her mantra fall free from her lips.

"Death is a cycle...we live...we die...we live...we die...death is inevitable...a thing to be both revered and feared...an inescapable reality...nothing can save us from death..."

The captain's scream was cut off by her blade slicing through his throat as her foot pushed him down fully. The crowd screamed and began to flee, even the warriors of the noble's army rushing to get away. She was a monster, a demon, a devil, death incarnate....and they did not want to die. Nocta waited for all of them to be gone, standing in place and watching them go. When the last of them disappeared over the horizon of the road, she sighed, letting the army crumble back into lifeless corpses that littered the ground around her.

She was tired again. Though the night made it easier for her remain strong, she had expended more energy than expected, raising that army. Even the captain's soul had not brought much energy back to her. She frowned, returning the scythe to her body. A single soul a day was no longer enough. She would have to find a better source of energy. If she didn't, she feared she would fall into a state of madness when her body finally ran out of strength, and the scythe would force her to go on the necessary killing spree to fully recharge her.

Nocta turned to look at the mausoleum, wondering if Erik and Wren were still there, or if they had left to return to their own journey....
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 5:08 pm

"We need to go help her"

"You heard what she said."

"I dont care what she said.  Even if she is a very miserable and morbid creature that doesnt mean im going to give up on her like im sure so many have in her life."

Wren and Erik watched it unfold crouched behind some foliage. Erik could feel  the dead rise at her command. It seemed she had some power left in her repertoire.  He was about to come out and help with Wren but stopped hearing her words. Instead he grabbed Wren's arm  and halted him. They continued to watch from a distance fascinated as she pulled a weapon out from nowhere. As she began to fight, a dreamy  look came over Wrens face

"Shes awesome."

he said dreamily

Erik chuckled.

"This coming from a man that abhors bloodshed. I thought you didnt like violence."

A small night owl came by and landed on Wrens arm. He pet it softly  and the owl cooed.

"I do abhor it.. but not when its done for justice. Besides, that man was rather rude calling her that stuff as were the villagers. You know my nature Erik. We Niads normally keep to ourselves, hidden from mortals and others as time is different for us. We usually dont interfere with them. But there's something about this woman that keeps me drawn. Its hard to explain. Maybe its because she seems so sad... like she gives up on light and life. I want to help her Erik. We should ask her to join us. What more can she gain by staying here in a village and kingdom that wants her gone?"

Erik looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Very well. I dont see the harm in her joining us. Perhaps we can learn  spells from eachother. The question is... will she even want to go with us."

Wren looked down and put his two pointer fingers together (like Hinata when shes nervous Razz)  cheeks turning a red from a small blush

P..perhaps  you could ask her?

"Haha alright. You know pretty soon your going to have to grow some balls and go up to her yourself if you like her so much. Come on."

Erik pulled Wren  from the bushes and walked towards Nocta her back to them

"Hey Nocta. How would you like to join Wren and I on our journey?. I see your a Necromancer too. Perhaps we can learn from one another."

"Besides, we told you we werent going to leave you and  if you think showing your real face is scary enough to frighten off a crowd your sorely mistaking"

Wren added then blushed at his bluntness and went behind Erik again.

Erik shrugged and shook his head with a chuckle and looked to Nocta again as if to ask Well?

Last edited by Erik Daedalus Skorm on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 4:06 am

Nocta stood still, staring at both men as they approached. She couldn't help but wonder if there was a deeper motive to their request for her to join them on whatever journey it was they were on. However...she had to leave her temporary refuge anyway. She had overstayed her welcome...not that she'd been welcome to begin with. With a sigh, she looked to them, returning the mask to her face.

"I will join you...but expect that I may choose to return to my own path at any time..."

Nocta had no direction other than to bring justice to the world's villains, while searching for a way to either bring herself fully to life, or at least give herself a more real body. She hated the way she was. A patchwork being, held together by harvested souls.

"I am not good to travel during the bright hours...but I will let you take the lead for now..."
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 11:43 am

"That is fine by us. Your not our prisoner after all. You are free to leave as you will. As far as not moving  much during the day, I know some places... or some spells to help with that. and if your ever looking for rest where noone will bother you, the Skorm clan home is more than welcome for your use. and yes we do have alot of land suited for non human creatures as of course most of our inhabitants arent human"

The inside of Wrens' belly did a flip as she agreed to go with them. He had been following Erik for quite some time on Erik's journey of finding himself. Ever since Erik passed through EverWood, which was his home at the time, and saw him, as sneaky as his race was, and befriended him with tales of the wide world and his adventures, Wrens imagination soared and he left his watery home of constant sameness on which the others had frowned upon. He asked Erik how it was that he could sense his presence and learned that Erik was not human like he himself wasnt. Erik told him such fantastic tales of justice and bravery, of the different kinds of non human creatures, of his adventures... and of the love he had with his woman. Above all things Wren wanted to experience a love like Erik described. Switching from his tail to legs, Wren had climbed out of the water and had been with him ever since. And now he was here, righting wrongs with a good friend and a lovely sad lady who didnt trust them.

Erik strapped his katana to his back and made sure he had everything and started to head out from the Mausoleum moving out ahead so as to leave Tobias  alone with Nocta. ~Come on buddy you got this~ he thought to himself

He saw Erik moving fast from them and gulped nervously as he stood by a bloody Nocta

"So that fight.. it was pretty intense."

He laughed nervously

"How you managed to pull that weapon from thin air like that was amazing. This path of yours you mention, where does it lead? is it one of finding yourself like Erik's is? or something deeper?"

He saw the streaks of blood on her mask and with a nervous shaking hand that materialized to water, he went to caress the cold cheek of it to wipe the blood off. He hoped she wouldnt use her dagger on him again
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Nocta's eyes were void of emotion as she watched Erik move at an unnecessary speed away from them. The motives of the two men were always so unclear. She wasn't quite sure what to expect from them. With a sigh, she shook her head, running a hand through her hair. Wren seemed...far too innocent for his own good. She pitied him. Someday, that innocence would only bring him pain...or even death.

"Intense.....I suppose. The simplest way to avoid a fight is to instill the fear of death...let them run of their own volition. I could have fought them. Could have killed them. However, despite their reactions to my presence, many of them were innocents. I don't take the lives of innocents"

So many questions. He had so many questions. She sighed, turning her blue-green gaze on him.

"The scythe is a part of my body, refined magick and an enchanted weapon. It is the way I stay alive. My path is my own and of none of your concern"

Nocta was turning to move away when she saw the hand coming towards her mask. Her hand snapped up quickly, gripping his wrist so that his fingers could not touch her. Her gaze sharpened.

"I do not appreciate being touched. Do not attempt to do so again"

She turned away from him, moving to catch up to Erik, who had apparently decided that leaving her and Wren behind was a good idea...
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Wren saw her turn but was too slow  to miss the gripping hand that was a blur. So cold.. her touch was so devoid and cold. And then the screaming began. Souls screaming in agony. His eyes started to blaze as electricity crackled in his hair and raced down his body. His light flared a giant energy source blasting into her. Wind blew hard as the sky darkened a bit. His hand turned to water, releasing the grip she had on him. Jolts fired once more into her and towards Erik and suddenly the hurricane of wind and water slowly ceased, his eyes returning to normal. he swayed dizzily a bit trying to remember what went down. He was about to apologize for trying to touch her but she had already gone towards Erik. With his head semi down he followed behind them silently. She was a hard person to know but he wasnt going to give up.

Erik's keen ears caught every word. He looked back to see that Nocta  had gotten closer to him.

"You shouldnt be so hard on him you know. His is a curious species and he has only been topside for a few years. He is still learning. He has an innocence I find quite endearing. Hes a good man. and quite powerful when he wants to be. If he reached out to touch you, your a lucky one. he hasnt done that to anyone. it took him a good couple months to give me a handshake"

Erik's gaze held hers for a moment longer then looked to the sky.

"Almost high noon"

He reached down to the ground

"Theres a cave not too far from here. come"

He headed off the path.  The woods were calming to him. Soon he found the round  arch of the cave opening and headed for it. Wren caught up passing by Nocta and giving her  what he hoped wasnt a nervous smile but more of a brave one to show she hadnt scared him away that easily
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Nocta tried to ignore Wren's outbursts of power. It wasn't her place to babysit him or his abilities, nor did she have the desire to try. Listening to Erik speak was much easier. Even if Wren was new to the ways of life on land, it was foolish to be so carefree.

"That innocence will get him killed. If I had been a different type of person, he could very well be dead right now. Would have been dead if I didn't have good reflexes"

She frowned deeply. These people didn't understand what it took for her to exist. They had thrust themselves into her world to help her...and now she had somehow, for some unknown crazy reason, become part of theirs. What would they do when she had to kill to survive? What would they do when she had her moments of briefly lost sanity? Would they try to stop her search for a way to become a normal, living, breathing human? And would they stop her when she wanted to die...? She would have to leave them before then.

"I do not like being touched by others. One learns, that when you are as I am, touching or being touched is a bad idea. It gets people killed. Innocent people like Wren. You would be wise to better educate him on the dangers of this world. Not all creatures will be as friendly to him as you"

The cave was a relief. Already she had grown tired. The sun's presence, to her, was a thing to be hated. The darkness was soothing. She sent a blank stare back to Wren as he passed, continuing to follow them into the cave.

"I assume you have a particular reason for entering this cave?"
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:53 am

"No reason exactly. You said you cant travel daylight hours and this was the closest shady spot and...

"Stop talking about me as if Im not here. Im not as  innocent as I look."

Wren turned his piercing blue eyes to Nocta

"And your not as deadly and morbid and pretentious and downright scabby as you pretend to be. I felt your sadness. You know, I pity you... You try so hard to push people away that want to help you or bring light to you that you live such a dark sad and lonely existance. Sure you wont get any more hurt or rejected than you already are but hell you arent really living either are you?? The world is dangerous I get that. Ive seen plenty of things when I left my home to chase after Erik and learn more. There's always going to be darkness. but there is light also, reasons that make life so worth living. Beautiful things. That is the Balance.  and try as you might to dissuade me or Erik or pretend you dont care, Im not giving up on you. Im not a child. I dont need to be babysat like some beast of burden. If your so high and mighty and know the ways of the world Nocta then do please share it with us.. What is really your story and your intent?  Why even agree to come if you find us annoying anyway? you are searching for something I can tell. And dont pretend I did nothing for you. I saw my energy hit you...how it seemed to energize you and make you look more alive."

Erik's jaw dropped impressed as he watched Wren talk smooth and steady which was more crazier than if he yelled. He had never seen Wren so passionate about something ever in all the long years hes known him.  Did something happen when she gripped him? He walked beside Wren and put a hand on his shoulder and looked to Nocta as well. What was really her intent? He was curious also. If Wren could easily see something about her he wanted to know.

Both men stared in her direction calm look in each of their faces. Wren's face, that still had that innocent look now also held a look bordering on passion and reason.  Wren was going to fight her darkness no matter how hard she tried to push them away. That much was clear to Erik

"Im curious also Nocta. Why did you come with us if not in the belief that we could somehow help you?"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Nocta found it incredibly irritating that he pitied her. She didn't want pity. She didn't want to be treated like she was less. She didn't want to be treated like she was special. What did he know of her existence? What did he know of how she had to live? Not a thing. He didn't know a single thing. She gave him a sharp, angry look. She was glad she had her mask on. She didn't have normal teeth. Hers were all pointed. And she was baring them. He had gotten under her skin, and she wasn't going to tolerate it.

"And what kind of life do you suppose I should lead?! I'm neither alive, nor dead! Tell me exactly, Tobias Wren, what kind of life I should be leading!"

She swore in 4 different languages, turning back to him.

"Your energy? It charged me up because I eat souls. You fired a piece out at me, and I ate it. That scythe? It's part of me. It's how I keep some semblance of life in this pieced together body. The screams? All of the people I've killed and eaten. I defy the laws of nature. I defy all that should and shouldn't be"

Her reasons for journeying with them were nothing of note.

"I don't know if either of you will prove to be useful to my path or not. I highly doubt it. But all I've done is wander up until now anyway. I may as well wander with some people who at least don't want to kill me on sight. Now, have we had enough? Or shall I pick at your brains now and question your motives for helping me? For sticking your necks out for a complete stranger? For guarding that person while they slept in a mausoleum filled with corpses? For caring entirely too much about a person you don't even know the original name of?"

She stopped herself there, fists clenched. She had gone too far in her temper. Her old name was something she didn't speak of. Couldn't say. It hurt too much, the scars buried so deep within her body, they would never be removed. Her voice returned to the empty sound from before, void of emotion.

"Let's go. If you're being kind enough to consider my need for rest, then I will accept it so that I may regain my strength. Fighting the captain while maintaining an army of undead is more difficult than you would think"

She moved to sit somewhere, leaning her head back against the wall of the cave and letting out a sigh. She was so tired already. Why did her body always want more souls? She glimpsed over to Wren and Erik.

"I expect my wish to remain untouched by others will be respected while I rest"

Nocta closed her eyes again, letting her body relax slightly. After a short while, her head lolled slightly. She was asleep. If one had not known her during her waking hours, they would think her dead. She did not breathe. Her skin was cool to the touch. She was like a walking corpse...
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 am

As she headed off to the dark cave to rest, Wren chuckled raising his eyebrows.

"Charming isnt she? I think we are starting to crack her and get under her tough skin, whatever her name may be. Personally I wouldnt mind having my mind picked I'm quite an open book when I want to be. Anyway Ill be back in a bit Erik, I want to go for a walk"

Without waiting for an answer, Tobias Wren took leave as Erik stood guard and practiced more spells. He meandered on the path quite a ways before slipping off the path and into a more dense part of forest. He saw a stag and a doe a few yards away and walked up to them. He reached out a hand and pet them gently before moving on. He thought of "Nocta" again try as he might to  get her out of his head. she intrigued him and he found that he enjoyed bantering with the irritable woman. It seemed that despite  how rude she could be that it was just another mask that she wore and it also seemed to bring out his braver side, a side he never knew he possessed. He guessed he should thank her for that. He came upon a pond and looking around to see if he was alone, he slid into the cool comforting water. His legs began to fuse together into a tail, his body becoming less solid and see through becoming water itself and down he dove. Oh how long it had been since he was in his natural state. All feelings seemed to melt away but pure joy as water has when sliding over rocks and racing around with the animals that dwelled within. He saw a group of platypus having fun and went to join in, getting lost in the fun. Time was once again meaningless to him.

~~~

Erik, tired of his sparring, put his sword away and took a breath

"Sineb fe oht Htrei a nemmys ooht et mref i lliw"  

Erik chanted as a wall of bone formed  around him. He smiled. It worked! long had he tried this spell  and finally he did it. His father would be proud.  He let the bones seep back into the ground. He started feeling hungry. His fangs came out as he looked around. he stretched his mind far and caught screaming on the air as a man chased a helpless woman. Perfect. He looked to the resting Nocta  then sped off towards the screaming. He reached the man right when he was about to rape the girl and bit into him, drinking his fill.  He compelled the girl to forget what she saw and send her away and sped back to the cave. It had been a long time since he had fed like that but then again  all this necromancy made his vampire half truly hungry. The world wouldnt miss that filthy dirtbag anyway as he had vowed to only feed on the bad guys as his mother had taught him. His fangs slipped back up into their sheaths and he wiped his mouth. It was almost time to be getting along soon.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:12 am

Nocta remained in slumber, her mind quiet for a while. The peace was unusual, and so she reveled in it, her body resting better than most days. At least, until the nightmares started. They always came. They always, inevitably, came. Peace was lost immediately. Memories of the fight swarmed her.

---

She walked the road alone, a smile on her face. The sun set in the hills behind her as she made her way towards her home. A light flush rose to her cheeks. Mikael had told her he planned to ask for her hand in marriage. She couldn't be more excited. Already her mind planned out how her mother would help her to sew a beautiful dress and pick many flowers. How Mikael's father would use his carpentry skills to craft them an arch. How her father would provide food aplenty from their fields. How Mikael's mother would decorate the wedding as though it were a royal festivity. She heard a familiar voice call out to her from the path that lead up to the castle of the noble.

"Raina..."

She turned her head. Gideon, son of Lord Balthazar de Verien, was standing at the end of the path, smiling to her. She gave him a small curtsey out of simple custom, even though she had no respect for him.

"Can I help you?
"Yes. I've been thinking, Raina..."

He approached her, far too close for his liking.

"I was wrong to turn you away as I did. I wish to make my amends and ask you to be mine"

She frowned, even less comfortable when he slid his fingertips across her shoulder. She stepped away.

"You'll forgive me, my lord, but I am already betrothed to another, and I am happy with my current arrangement. I must decline your offer. If you have further discord, you should speak to my father, as he is my caretaker. I am nearly late for supper. I bid you adieu"

She curtseyed again, then took off at a rapid pace, hurrying home.

---

Her wedding preparations were perfect. Just as she'd dreamed. Her father had fully approved of their union, and she beamed as her mother helped her with a fitting of her gown.

"It's beautiful, mahmen"

Her mother smiled back up at her as she hemmed the bottom.

"It is only beautiful because you wear it, dear. I am so happy that you have found someone to love you as you are"
"I feel lucky that he has chosen me. I love him deeply"

The next several days went perfectly. The entire town was prepared for her wedding. She felt amazing. Like a princess who had finally found her prince. She sat in her room the night before, brushing the waist-length waves of her black hair. She had lost count of how many brush strokes she had made, wanting to make her hair as silky and beautiful as possible for Mikael. She felt a sudden chill then. Something felt wrong. She looked towards the door, moving toward it and opening it. The scene before her was gruesome. She choked back bile and dropped to her knees, screaming.

Her family was a gory mess that lay strewn across the floor. Fear and grief spun through her, and she ran out of the house. She had to get help. Had to find the constable. Had to do something. She didn't get that far. A hand looped around her waist, and another covered her mouth. She screamed, the sound muffled, and struggled in the grip of whoever her attacker was. She heard the malice in the hissing voice.

"You cannot fight me...you are mine now"

---

The days were painful. Gideon tortured her in ways she had never fathomed existed. The worst days were his torture of Mikael, who he had also taken. Her begging and pleading never deterred him from his sadistic ritual. It seemed like it would never end. She begged him for death...and he granted it.

Mikael was slaughtered in front of her. Her voice had gone hoarse from the screaming. Then Gideon had killed her, and she had thought herself finally free. It had not happened. He had brought her back. He killed her and revived her again and again. She came to know him for what he really was: a necromancer. He did worse things to her day by day. He used her to satisfy every one of his whims. She wept, unable to fight him. During her brief periods of freedom from him, left to her own devices in his locked room, she began to shut herself away. She read the books on his shelves. Practiced the arts contained within them in secret. Slowly amassed her own power, waiting for the right time to come...

---

He arrived just when she expected him to. He strode in the door, murmuring how he was pleased that his servant was already naked and waiting for him. Her compliance to his will was a delight. She reveled in the foolish ego that he so ridiculously stroked. She waited for him as he crawled atop her on the bed. She waited until he let his guard down. And then she struck, ceasing complete and total control over him. She smiled to him.

"And so the hunter becomes the prey"

---

She tortured him for a long time, taking her vengeances out day by day. She tortured him...until all of her anger was gone. She chained him up in the lower dungeons after that for a long time. She perfected her craft, rising to be a powerful necromancer. But she was not truly alive. And nor was she dead. She could not maintain her body forever without a source. And so she crafted her scythe, using it to devour the souls of those who had led lives of cruelty against others. And slowly...she ridded herself of all emotion. She left the castle only when she had gotten tired of being contained within its walls, unable to find what she was looking for. And she forced Gideon's body along with her, taking out her frustrations on him periodically in the form of beatings, and doing as he had done to her: killing him and reviving him over and over. She shed her old name, and became someone new...a monster...an empty creature who sought only a final means of death...

---

Finally, Nocta awoke with a start, a strained sound leaving her throat. She trembled, her eyes scanning her surroundings. When she was assured she was alone, she plucked her mask from the ground where it had fallen, returning it to her face. She had been plain once. She had been beautiful once. And now, she was a macabre sight, scars littering her patchwork body. She bowed her head. Raina was dead. Had been dead for a very long time. Only Nocta lived now....
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Wren came upon something metal at the bottom of the deep pond. He flipped it over  reared back as a skull with lifeless eyes stared back at him. His memory came back. The journey with Erik, finding Nocta. He swam to the surface and to the bank and climbed back out, his tail splitting back to legs. He stood up fully and headed back the way he came.  

When he got to the cave he didnt see Erik anywhere. He looked towards the cave entrance and found a still sleeping Nocta, or whatever he name was. He decided to play along for now. if thats what she wanted to call herself who was he to say otherwise. But knowing  that wasnt her true name made him want to learn it even more. He walked over and was surprised to see her mask had slid  off and onto the ground beside her. There were gruesome marks but in that moment he still marveled at her beauty regardless of what she was. Would she ever let him in? He smirked and indeed accepted this challenge. She started to move restlessly... vulnerable.  He went to shake her awake but stopped remembering what she said about people touching her. He had an idea. he would use his water song to wake her. He leaned in close and was about to use the shrill tune when a name escaped her lips. Gideon. He saw her face contort in the most terrible rage.

He heard a twig snap and turned to see Erik in the clearing, wiping his mouth on his sleeve. Erik smiled sheepishly and shrugged

"We should wake her soon its almost time to move out."  

Wren nodded and leaned in again, his mouth in the shape of an O. He whistled shrilly breaking the sound barrier as rings of energy pulsed out. But as the first of the rings hit, she snapped awake very quickly and reached for her mask making him fall backward onto his butt on the ground and away from her. He finally had something she probably didnt want him knowing about. Who was this Gideon and why did he plague her dreams. He decided to keep this information to himself, sensing it wasnt the right time to bring it up. He stood up and wiped the dirt from his pants, his hair sopping wet and plastered to his forehead
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 11:18 am

Nocta stared at Erik and Wren. They had seen her sleeping. That unnerved her. She didn't want them to see her in such a vulnerable state. She shook away the remnants of her nightmares, pushing to her feet.

"I assume you wish to move on?"

She dusted herself off, stretching a bit, then looked to Wren in particular. His hair was wet. He'd been swimming. Then to Erik. He smelled of blood and his sleeve had some on it. His food source. She smiled to herself. She'd gained information that could be used where necessary.

"Let's continue, unless you two need to rest also. When you choose to rest, I will watch over both of you, as you watched over me while I was in slumber"

And she would. They had aided her. She owed them a debt. And she intended to pay it as soon as possible, so that she would not feel guilty if she decided to leave them. If an opportunity to fulfill her wishes came along, she would grasp at it fully, no matter what it was.
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:18 pm

The both nodded and started to head out.

You know I think if we are going to get anywhere we should learn to trust one another. I was thinking about what we said, about motives and all and I think we should come clean about them. My motive?? Simple of course. I am a Niad. I followed Erik because I want to see the world in all its glory, to have adventure away from the same constant flow of my long life. I want to learn all there is to know for knowledge is indeed power. Better to know what your up against when faced with an enemy. And..

His eyes turned serious for a moment, a deep and shining blue

I want to find a love like Erik has.   Anything else you want to know just ask"  

He gave a soft chuckle and blushed at the last part

Erik gave him a wink

"Good idea Wren. Very well. Wren knows about me already so its only fair you know too. Yet to know of me, I must take you way back to the beginning of my life. Ill give you the short version. I am half Vampire half Shifter. My father is a Necromancer. My mother was a human warrior turned vampire. My father was cocky in his young age before he met my mother when he started necromancy and summoned a demon he thought he had control over but it turned out the demon was more powerful than he anticipated and he took possession of my father. When they had 2 children, my sister and myself. My sister was born fine but when they had me, a bit of the demon that inhabited my father passed onto me. Growing up was a big battle for me because it was always a constant battle of will with the demon inside me. If i lost control of my emotions the demon would take over my body and  grow into its hideous form and I would hurt those who loved me. My sister had a friend, an assassin type that was emotionless. I figured since Im the type that had trouble with emotions, she would be the perfect friend for me. I was right. She was the only one that could tame my demon. She started to fall for me and I found that I too was falling for her. and now she has my heart. In a rivalry between the Ash King Clemish and my father, to save my life, my father had to give up his heart to Clemish  in order to save me. My father became the Dead Man neither living nor dead. A lich in a sense. One day the Demon in me grew powerful enough to rip from my body and pretty much left me for dead. Clemish I dont know for what reason  decided to pull me from almost death and used his ash t o heal me which in turn gave me strange powers I still dont know how powerful. I apprenticed to my father in Necromancy and now to save him and get him back his heart so he can live, I am on a mission to find a powerful spellbook that will help him to be alive again and to get back his heart from the Ash King. That is what my motive is"
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 6:16 pm

She settled into a mild, inward flurry of panic. They wanted to talk about themselves. They wanted her to talk about herself. No. No, that was not acceptable. She absorbed the information about them. Wren, a niad, water creature who had never explored the land before. Erik, mess of lineages, necromancer, vampire, with a mild tragedy to his history. She didn't want to tell them that much about her. She didn't want anyone to know. Raina was dead. Nocta was the one alive. Memories should be best locked away for no one to find. Her fists clenched tight, and she stayed behind them as they walked, wanting to be as invisible to them as possible. Her voice was soft.

"I was human. A necromancer chose to kill me and raise me from the dead. He crafted me into what he wanted me to be. So I read his books, learned necromancy on my own, and took my freedom"

She tried to be as lacking in detail as possible. Gods only knew what she would do if she lost control in front of them because she delved too deep.

"I wander now, without real purpose. I am the justice for those who cannot take it themselves. I am a walking embodiment of death. I am neither alive, nor dead. If you pushed a blade into my chest, I would not die. If you slit my throat, I would not die. If you cut away my limbs, I would not die. I would be temporarily incapacitated until I reassemble myself. That is all"

A patchwork puppet. A dead body with a soul in it. She could choose to be more lifelike if she wanted, giving herself a functioning heart and actual blood. She could put her body into a state of simulated life, rather than death. But she could not bring herself fully to life. She kept note of this for herself in case Erik would ever need a meal. She would be able to produce a supply of blood for him that would keep him going for a short amount of time.

"It is for this reason that a vampire like yourself may or may not be lucky to have me along. I can alter the state of my body, within certain limitations. One of the things I can do is to un-coagulate the blood in my body in an emergency circumstance where you required blood. I cannot do this all the time, however, as it drains my energy quickly, and puts me at risk of certain wounds becoming potentially fatal. It is, however, an option should it be required"
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 6:38 pm

"That is good to know but me, like yourself, are defenders of justice. I feed only on the filth of this world.. The scumbags, the rapists, the murderers, the people that dont deserve to be in this world as my parents have taught me. Lately with this new power I have had to feed less and less. Usually I only feed after spells leave me weakened. But I shall keep that in mind and thank you for it if the need arises"

Wren looked to Erik as he told his story without holding anything back. He looked to Nocta as she spoke. Not only did she look nervous, she spoke quietly also. ~Shes telling only what she wants revealed.~ He hoped she would mention something about this Gideon person but she didnt. Still, now was not the time to let slip about it and ask her. She had a right to keep things to herself and reveal them when she was ready and yet he had the feeling he may already know who Gideon was in her tale.

"I'm glad you got your freedom. What of the book that Erik finds? He said it was powerful enough to bring back his father to a living state. If it can do it for him, would you choose the option to live again?"

At that moment, Erik's keen hearing caught the snap of a twig.. and another. His hand went to his sword

"We are being followed"

he said just loud enough so the others could hear
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 7:25 pm

Nocta stayed as silent as possible, at least until there was mention of the book that Erik was looking for to bring his father fully back to life. Her mind fluttered. The opportunity was there. To become alive again. To live a human life and die as she was meant to die. But she couldn't. She'd told herself there was no going back. Raina was dead. Nocta was alive, or at least as alive as she would ever be. And yet....she still wanted to live, her constant battle between the desire for life and death like a see-saw in her mind. But she would never tell them that. Not unless the opportunity arose.

"I appreciate the offer, but I will decline. I am content with my current situation. Were I to once again become flesh and blood, I would die far too quickly. The way I am now, I do not die"

The twig snap also had her senses flaring, putting her on her guard. The aura of death began to ripple around her body, tendrils of shadow sliding across her skin.

"Do we fight or do we run?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay Sanctum :: Fantasy Roleplaying :: Fantasy Roleplays-
Jump to: