Roleplay Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place for roleplayers to come together.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am by Erik Daedalus Skorm

» To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 am by Kumarai Von Detton

» Carbon Copy - (Z and Artemis only)
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:57 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Under A Dragon Moon ~~Xnigona and Zeria Only~~
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Zeria's Soul-Torn Warriors
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» The Red String - (Z and Yoi only)
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:44 pm by YoiYumeo

» HI I AM A COOL FISH, LOVE ME YO
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm by Kumarai Von Detton

» Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» Soul Mender - (Zeria and Stryker only)
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm by Stryker

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Zeria Iiyasei
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_vote13Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_voti10Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_vote11 
Caleb
Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_vote13Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_voti10Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_vote11 
Konayuki
Stryker
CarnifexDragon
Warder117
Kira Yamato
Kumarai Von Detton
Elmo
kreamator
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 135 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) Empty
PostSubject: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:10 am

It was no average day for a special moon elf. One that would put her course of destiny into place. One that she would never forget. Narelimonai Ithildin smiled brightly, waving to the elven children who chased after her horse, giggling and laughing. She was riding to the point she needed to be in order to be sent off on her journey. Evermeet was a bright place that day, bustling with elves. All there to see her departure. She kept waving to everyone, trying not to let them see how nervous she was. She'd never been outside of Evermeet in her entire lifetime. And the idea of it terrified her. Though she had done her studies, she wasn't exactly sure what to expect.

"Nareli!"

She looked up from her thoughts to see a small child chasing her horse, holding a pretty white flower. Narelimonai smiled, bending down and taking the flower.

"Thank you, Erlias. It's beautiful"
"Keep it with you always, Nareli! We'll miss you!"
"I'll miss you all too, little one"

After some time, she reached her destination, and was sent on her journey, garbed in a bright red robe and carrying her bag of supplies. She knew exactly how she was to leave Evermeet, and though it saddened her, she knew she had to, for the sake of the entire world. Nareli stepped through a portal into the House of Long Silences and was met by one Lord Elorfindar Floshin, a sun elf dressed in silver mail with a longsword at his belt.

"Welcome, Narelimonai Ithildin, Scholar of the Moon Elves and Chosen One of the People"

Nareli found herself blushing as she swept into a low curtsey.

"Please, Lord Floshin, the honorifics are not necessary. Can you please guide me to the portal I need?"
"But of course, my lady. Follow me"

Within moments, Nareli was bidding her thanks and farewells to Lord Floshin, and stepping into the bright world of Arvalice. She had the map to her destination out in moments, and followed it to the town that had reached out to her people for aid. With some minor questioning and the use of her map, she made her way to the council's meeting place. Introductions were made, and she was informed of the problem. A dragon. One who had been very angry as of late and had taken to attacking the town. Nareli frowned, listening to the stories of chaos and destruction and terror with a deep sadness growing in her heart.

"Of course, kind councilmen. I will do whatever I can to quell the dragon's rage"

The men all smiled, giving her a private quarters to rest in from her journey. They were going to have a meeting closer to nighttime, and they told her to be well rested so her Magicka would be fully charged and ready to go. She did as they said, resting. She had never met humans before. They were so kind. At least, she thought that as she fell asleep and slept peacefully. It wasn't until she awoke that she realized something was seriously wrong. No longer was she in the room on a bed. Instead, she was upright and bound to a tall pole in the ground, surrounded by various candles and food and offerings.

Her eyes widened with fear and she struggled against her bonds. She had read about this in books before. Mortals sometimes tried to offer sacrifices to higher beings to appease them. And they had tricked her people into bringing someone of higher blood to use as their offering. Tears welled in her eyes and she bowed her head. They had put her in binding cuffs to stop her from using her Magicka. She was powerless. She thought of the children and kind elders in her homeworld. Of the kindness and love her people shared. How could humans be so vicious and cruel? How could they just offer her up to die just to save them? She would have done whatever it took to calm the situation peacefully, or to use her Magicka to stop the dragon. But instead, they didn't even want to let her try. As the first tears trickled down her cheeks, she held back a sob, trying to be brave. It was only a matter of time before the dragon came and killed her...
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:53 am

The Earth rumbled, a steady rythmin that matched those of steps. One could feel the air heating up and smell the combination of burnt flesh and smoke. The forests around the town were silent, the people recognised the signs all too quickly and hastily retreated to their homes, pitifully hiding from the monsterthat brought untold despair to their doorstep. A Dragon was coming.

The mighty creature walked slowly towards his goal. He had heard the commotion from the town he was using to amuse himself. They had dared to intrude on his territory and it warranted some kind of payback, one of the destructive kind. It was only when he got closer that new scents filled his senses. The weaklings had piled up food for him, somekind of offering to his magnificence.

It was only after he left the forest that his appearence became clear. The dragon was big, colossal even. His body pale was covered on white scales with red markings. His wings, which were folded back, had spikes coming off their edges giving the creature a truly fearsome visage. He moved closer to the sacrifice, only to notice that it was not only food, but also a tied up woman. Upon closer inspection he noticed her elvish features. He approached her menacingly, lowering his head so that he stood face to face with the Elf.

"So, you are the lamb they sent..." His voice was deep like thunder, while keepng a certain baritone that was not entirely inhuman. He wanted to see the woman's reaction. The day had just gotten more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 am

Narelimonai trembled a bit as the earth quaked beneath her and the air heated to far warmer than she was used to. She saw the dragon even before it noticed her. It was a massive creature, more majestic and powerful than any picture or description in a book had ever offered her. She swallowed hard as it approached, her crystalline blue eyes scanning and logging every one of his features to her memory. The voice that left the dragon was male in nature, and she noted that as well, her gaze fixated on him even as he lowered his head to her level. But what the dragon likely expected was not what he would get. Rather than fear or sadness or anger...she was staring at him like she was absolutely fascinated. Her voice was soft, a sense of wonder in it.

"Wow....your kind really are more magnificent than in books......"
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 8:58 am

The Dragon was intrigued to say the least. The elf's reaction had been unexpected at best and he did not find it entirely unpleasant but that must have been her praising of his superiority. She wasn't scared of him like te worms that festered on the town he had been terrorizing, she looked upon him with wonder and a sense of fascination he had never seen. He decided to test her again, staring her down with the fiery orbs that were his eyes.

"Flattery will not spare you, elf." The dragon's voice thundered. His tail, covered in bone-like spikes, swung towards a nearby tree and reduced it to splintters.

So far the woman had proven to be less annoying than the other worms, and even denied him the fear his superior station in life demanded. Smoke started coming out of his nostrils, a deep growl tearing through his being.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 11:50 am

Nareli flushed a bit with self embarrassment, giving him an apologetic look. She was always like that. Filled with wonder and curiosity and a thirst for knowledge....and offending people with her strange behavior.

"I am...terribly sorry, dragon. I did not mean to seem as if I was flattering in an attempt that you wouldn't eat me. Then again, I've not the slightest idea what an elf would taste like to a dragon. But I suppose I shall never know. Ah! Anyway...er...I would make a more formal apology, but as you can see...I'm sort of...indisposed"

She gave a small tug on her bindings to show him what she meant. She coughed a bit as the smoke drifted into her face, wrinkling her nose until it passed and gave her clearer air to breathe. She was actually really glad that he hadn't eaten her yet. And that he hadn't tried to torch her. Well, not that that would have worked. Her red robes were meant to repel any kind of fire that tried to touch her.

"I apologize if I have offended you, dragon. I am not from this place, and thus know not the ways with which I am supposed to address you"

Even in her scholarly research, she hadn't learned about how to speak to a dragon. This was definitely something new to her.

"However, I would appreciate if you would not damage anymore trees. These ones have been here a long time and have brought you no harm"
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:30 pm

The Dragon, Yagdo Soryn, looked strangely at the woman. She looked more concerned with the fact she had offended him than the fact that he could kill her any second. It was kind of unnerving to be honest. It was only when she asked him not to destroy other trees that his temper flared again.

"You truly must not be from around here if you dare think you can order me around, Elf..." He growled at her. He knew it was not her intention and that she was trying to appease him. The only problem was the way she talked to him, that tone that carried neither fear nor anger. It intrigued him.

"You just gave me an idea." He smiled at her, and by smile I mean showed her all his blade-like fangs that dripped with steaming saliva. That was when his hand grabbed onto the pole she was tied to and pulled it off the ground. His tail moved too, wrapping itself around some of the food offered as sacrifice. Without saying anything else, the dragon started walking back to his nest, with the elf secured by his claws.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Nareli sighed softly, shaking her head. She should have studied much more about communication outside of Evermeet before she'd come. She was just having such a difficult time of speaking with the dragon and not offending him.

"Ordering you was not my intention, dragon. It was a simple request"

She did, however, give a small yelp of surprise when he suddenly took hold of the pole she was tied to, lifting it off the ground. She was still tied to it, and squirmed a bit. She observed her surroundings well as he carried her off. She even saw the fearful and amazed face of the head councilman when he saw her in the dragon's claw, then a strange look in his eyes. A flash of color, pain shooting through her body from the anti-magic cuffs on her wrists...and with a scream of pain, she lost consciousness, her body going limp.
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:24 pm

It didn't take a long time for Soryn to arrive on his nest. Then again, nest would be an understatement to the massive size of the cave where the dragon resided. The crystals adorning the walls and ceiling alongside the thousands of coins littering the floor gave the place a surreal appearence. And that was just the entrance. Further down the cave system, was a large pile of gold and silver treasures even larger than the Dragon. He took the sacrifices to the corner of the room, placing them down. He noticed that the elf had fallen asleep or something along those lines so he carefully laid the girl on the pile of coins before using his sharp claws to break her free of it, including the bindings.

"Now...we wait."
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Nareli didn't wake up for some time, her body a bit overtaxed from stress and the anti-magicka cuffs. When she did, it was with a soft groan, her blue eyes scanning her surroundings. It was...very warm. And the sheer amount of wealth the cave held was amazing. She didn't care about it in terms of wanting it. She just noted that it was an excessive amount, one that she had never imagined anyone was possible of having. She didn't see the dragon though. She pushed to her feet, glad that she was no longer bound to the pole, and looked around, seeking out the dragon who had taken her captive.

"Hello? Dragon? Are you there?"
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject:    Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:03 pm

The elf's voice echoed through the cave but went unanswered, that is, until the pile of coins started moving, revealing the huge creature hidden within. It seemed at least some folklore was right about Dragons liking to bath on their treasure.

"Hello, Little Lamb. Finally woke up I see."

Soryn rose himself from the gold, making it cascade off his form like a waterfall. He stared at his newest acquisition with greater interest, taking in all details of her appearence. Fair skin, long red hair, the signature pointy ears that marked her as an elf. Overall she was pleasing to the eyes and would make a good addition to his hoard from her regal looks alone.

"Welcome to my nest, my hoard and your new home."
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:36 pm

The scholar's fine ears picked up the first sounds of the coins shifting, and she turned to look as the great dragon rose from them, the currency falling around him in cascades. Nareli's blue eyes scanned him. She would have approached, but her balance was a bit off since her wrists were still bound together by the anti-magicka cuffs. She gave a smile and a sort of odd bow at the waist (again, the cuffs making it hard to properly move).

"I apologize for sleeping so long. The townsfolk did not provide me with suitable time to rest after my journeys"

She frowned momentarily, remembering that they had completely betrayed the trust of her people and had tried to offer her up as a sacrifice to the dragon. One which he had decided to take with him apparently. She glanced around again, then back to the dragon.

"I am Narelimonai Ithildin, scholar of Evermeet. I will admit that I have never seen a dragon lair or hoard before...and it's just as extravagant and well piled with wealth as the books say. However....you say this is my...new home? I cannot stay. I am the scholar of my people. Without me, they will not have many of the knowledges they require. I was to return immediately after I aided the townsfolk. They will worry"
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:51 pm

The dragon chuckled at the woman. Did she believe she had a choice? It was amusing him to no end. While he did appreciate the compliments to his hoard, he was not about to let such a fine jewel slip through his grasp.

"Oh Little Lamb. Perhaps you have misunderstood. I was not giving you any choice. You see, I am a collector of sorts, one who enjoys surrounding himself with the finest the world has to offer. When those worms offered you, I was intrigued and now that I found out what you are, I am not about to let such a fine specimen leave my hoard."

He dared her to move, to try and escape, to beg and plead for her freedom perhaps. In the end it was meaningless, for he owned her now.

"My name is Yagdo Soryn, known through the land as Soryn the Pale, White Scourge and FireGlare. And you, Narelimonai Ithildin, are part of my hoard, now and forever."
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Nareli's expression shifted. She frowned and looked rather unhappy. She didn't like that he intended to keep her from her people where she was of most use. She paced a bit, her arms folding across her chest, in the way she always did when she was thinking through a problem or needed an answer for a question. When she stopped and turned to face him, there was a seriousness in her eyes.

"Well, Yagdo Soryn, I must inform you that my duty is first to my people. Consider me part of your hoard all you like. I do not have the capability of being so. I do not know how draconic brain anatomy is typically structured, but you are clearly thinking on impulse and not with logic. You do not even have the proper capabilities of caring for me as I need. I require nourishment, both of the edible and spiritual kind. You cannot bring me the herbs and fruits and vegetables I require to eat, or the pure water to drink. You certainly will not trust me enough to go bathe in solitude, or to meditate in the moonlight as I need. You do not have the libraries I require to continue my studies"

She was right. He didn't have anything she needed. All he had was endless gold and treasure.

"Nor do you have proper bedding for me to rest upon, clothing for which to clad me during the changing seasons, or proper supplies in which I may use to cleanse and restore my Magicka"

She left out the part that she couldn't use her Magicka, because of the cuffs. But she was stubborn. So she did something she probably would later regret. She issued a challenge.

"On my word as a scholar, I issue a challenge. If you procure all of the things I require in 3 days' time, I will accept what you have chosen as my path, and I will remain. If you do not, I walk free, and you must find yourself a new piece of treasure to adorn your horde with. Do you accept, Yagdo Soryn? Or do you admit you are incapable of this task?"

If anything she had read about his kind was right, it was that they loved challenges and almost never backed down from them. She was wagering her whole future on the fact that he would never be able to find the things she needed because his dragon form was too large and could never acquire the herbs or small items she needed, nor would anyone be willing to help him, since they were all too terrified of him.
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Dragons are proud creatures, powerful and knowledgeable, but all dragons possessed egos just as big as their bodies. The nerve of that little elf! Challenging his capabilities as a host, did she not know that all she listed were merely small problems ? Easy to solve for a being of superior wit such as himself? That's when it clicked...She didn't know! She thought he would fail at the task, that for some reason her victory was secured against him. He would show her just how foolish that notion was and just how far he stood above her.

"And on my word as a Dragon, I accept your challenge. Let's get started..."

The might creature took a deep breath before releasing what could be describe as the most terrifying yet harmonious of roars. It echoed across the caves, filling it with its melody. The sound itself was saturated with magicka, something that only a dragon could accomplish. One of the walls started moving, revealing a hidden path amongst the rocks. The Dragon walked towards the passage, but not before turning to Nareli.

"Come, I will show you your temporary residence."

After all the elf needed somewhere to stay until he could gather all the necessities.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 11:25 pm

She couldn't have been more delighted when he accepted her challenge. He was sure to fail, and then she would be free to return home with all kinds of new knowledge to share with her people. She smiled and bowed at the waist to him, the action still awkward, since her wrists were bound together by the anti-magicka cuffs.

"Then the challenge is set and the terms are acknowledged. You have precisely 72 hours from now to acquire everything I listed"

She followed him through the passages, her eyes filled with wonder and amazement as she observed every bit of her surroundings. The caves were beautiful and old, and she noted that she would have to study them in her 3 days there so she could log all of her information in the libraries of Evermeet.
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:11 am

Soryu was not an old dragon. He had just reached adulthood 100 years ago and as such was expected to build himself a nest and a hoard with all he found worth. The place his hoard was hidden on was an ancient cave system that he had re-opened. The layout was impressive as he had spent the last 20 years exploring it. So he knew exactly where to keep his newest yet rebelious acquisition. It was a circular room with 3 pools of fresh water, one bigger than the next. He already had one of the items the girl requested, but she would probably dismiss his foresight as simple luck.

"You will remain here for the time being. There is water for you and I shall take the food the worms offered alongside you to this place. Most of it must be still edible and will be enough to keep you fed for the next 3 days. I will not lock you in sign of good faith, but should you break that trust, the consequences shall be severe. Am I making myself clear ?"

He stopped to make a full review of all objects and necessities the Elf had listed. He already had water and food was the simplest thing to acquire. Now, he would need to find books and materials for the scholar along with clothing and bedding. The hardest part would be the Magicka items. He knew those were rathe uncommon on the wild so he would need to visit the world of man or perhaps manifacture it himself.

'Let the challenge begin!' Soryn thought excitedly to himself as he made his way to the hoard, all the while thinking about how his life had just gotten more interesting all because of a young elf. The days to come held great promise.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:05 am

Nareli nodded to him, observing the pools of water. He had a place for her to bathe and drink from. Sheer luck. She did, however, delight in the fact that he seemed to know nothing of elves. Though she kept a serious face, she was secretly grinning inside.

"Actually, I cannot eat most of those foods. I do not, and will not, eat meat. The only suitable food in their offerings were the apples and carrots. I cannot live on those alone. As I said, I will need many herbs and other vegetation, as well as the proper utensils to cook them in"

She moved away from him, sitting by one of the pools and sighing as he left. He had again neglected the fact that the anti-magicka cuffs were still on her wrists. She scooped water into her hands, using it to scrub her face. In the silence of the cavern, she occupied herself with studying it to the fullest, absorbing every scrap of information and knowledge she could about the place. She even took to wandering the passageways, studying the layout and his various treasures and the like. Over the course of the first 2 days with him gone (with the exception of when he brought her food), she spent her time studying until there was nothing left to study, bathing when she deemed necessary, and trying to figure out a way to get the cuffs off of her wrists. She couldn't use any Magicka without them, and were she to be attacked, she'd be helpless. Nothing happened though. Instead, as the 3rd day rolled around, she hurried through her bath and eating, then sat quietly in the main area that held the horde of gold and treasure, waiting with a smile on her face, meditating. She knew he would return. And knew that there was no possible way he had acquired everything she needed. She would get to go home and see her people again. With a giggle, she laid back on the pile of gold, closing her eyes.

"Silly dragon...he should have known he would not be able to pick herbs with such giant claws..."
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:16 am

The sound of moving coins could be heard as something made its way towards the hoard. Although the sound was much weaker and the smell of smoke and heat was absent. Soryn had returned to his home, but not in the form his guest imagined. Instead of a towering dragon of colossal size stood a tall man with pale skin, red hair and the same golden eyes dressed on fine clothing for travel and carrying a large package on his hands.

"Little Lamb, I have returned!" His voice was still deep, but had lost most of its thundering sound and the growling sounds were absent. The disguised creature couldn't help but grin at the reaction he was about to get.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 am

Narelimonai had to withhold a squeal of delight when she heard the sound of the shifting coins. She bolted to her feet, listening for the dragon. She didn't even notice the temperature hadn't changed much in comparison to normal. What she did notice, however, was that his voice sounded different. No more growling, and the thundering was gone. She frowned, moving forward quickly to seek the dragon out.

"I hear as much! I hope you have brought all I have requested!"

The moment she saw him, however, she froze in place. Her eyes widened, her breath hitched in her throat, and her heart slammed hard in her chest. A man. The dragon was...a man. She couldn't deny it. The red hair and his eyes were already enough, but she had heard his voice. It was him. Without a doubt. She could feel the Magicka around him. She parted her lips to speak, a soft and confused stammering coming out.

"I...how...you....."

She tried to rationalize it in her mind. Magicka. Someone had used Magicka on him to transform him. But who? Did he have allies somehow? He hadn't seemed like the type of dragon who would care about allies. Then denial. No way. Even if he had a humanoid form, there was no way he had gotten everything. That bundle he held, as large as it was, couldn't possibly contain everything she wanted.

"You....have....such a form..........I...."

She shivered, her lower lip quivering.

"That...cannot possibly be everything. It's not possible. I want to see it all.....all of it...."
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:46 am

Yup, that was the kind of reaction he wanted to see from the young elf. She had thought herself so clever when challenging him, hoping that his immense size and nature would hinder his progress on acquiring the list of items. Now the joke was on her and he couldn't help but rub salt on the wound.

"You like this form? I admit it does hide most of my magnificence but it is quitte useful for menial tasks such as picking up herbs and negotiating with merchants for their goods."

He was basically rubbing it on her face that with that power he had guaranteed victory over her, then again, there was no doubt on his mind that he would win and keep the young elf as part of his treasure. Now all he needed to do was drive the final nails of the coffin.

"I was planning o take you to your new chambers anyway. These are just the final items of the list. Come along Little Lamb, there is much to see."

He walked towards one of the walls, pressing his hand against its smooth surface and watching as it lowere itself to reveal a pathway that lead to a set of wooden doors. He walked towards it, leading Nareli towards the new room. Perhaps a final lesson in humilty was needed.

"Ladies first. it is your room after all."
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Nareli trembled, holding back her fear and despair. How could he take such a form? She had never once read about dragons having such a form. She followed him, entering the room he had chosen to give her. As she looked around, her heart sank further. He had almost everything. She could think of only one way out. As the first of the tears trickled down her cheeks, her voice was very strained, as if she were holding back how she felt.

"I assume you have also found a solution for my need to come into physical contact with moonlight....?"

That was her only way out if he hadn't found a solution. Her only ticket to freedom. Otherwise...she had lost, and was bound to acknowledge such by staying as part of his treasure. She refused to let him see her face, her lower lip quivering. Her entire future rested on that last detail...
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Seeing the arrogance of others crumbling was vy far one of the most delicious things Soryn did. Most were adventurers and warriors looking to kill him or steal his treasure, but this was different, this was a fair maiden who dared think she could outwit him and challenged him under the impression of an easy win. He did not like her tears through., those marred her face and hid her beauty. The transformed dragon took his bundle to the bed, untying it and revealing its contents.

"I've brought others Magicka items. Amongst those is mirror capable of storing light and releasing it when necessary. I also have conneced your room to a special set of stairs that will take you to higher plataform. There you youll be able to bask under moonlight and recharge the Mirror."

This challenge had been simple but fun all the same. It was not everyday that he got a chance to show off his superior intelect alongside his power. The girl had lost, she belonged to him now.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Her voice was broken as she bowed her head further, the sadness creeping into it.

"I see........then you have won..."

Nareli couldn't look at him. She didn't want to see the smug, cocky expression of victory she knew would be on his face. And she sure as hell didn't want him to see her crying. Silently, she moved to the stack of books, pretending to occupy herself in one of them, even as tears dropped onto the pages and muddled some of the ink.

"If you'll excuse me...I'd like to read alone..."
Back to top Go down
Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Soryn couldn't help but feel a sting of pity towards the elf, after all he had taken her from her family to be part of his hoard, which was a massive honor on itself. Eventually she would come around but he did not like the devastated look that marred her face. She was a treasure of his, not a simple trincket that he decided to pile on his gold. He moved towards the girl, looking at her face with an unreadable expression.

"Now now, Little Treasure. There is no need to cry, now you have what many others would kill for. Ancient knowledge from a Dragon's collection, riches and gold to acquire your wildest desires, a home that shall never fail to shelter you. I am a generous being to those whom I choose to dote upon..."

Maybe cheering up people was not his best skill, but something compelled him to help Nareli feel better, something not entirely unpleasant but strange nonetheless.

"I will e going out soon. I still have unattended business with that town..."

His voice started to thicken, signalling that he was about to return to his true draconic self.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Nareli kept her face turned away from him, trying to hide the tears spilling down her cheeks. Her voice was still soft and heartbroken.

"If you care so well for yours...then why is no one else here...? You say I am not to leave, so how am I to acquire anything? You seek to cage me as a bird...as a thing to look upon and play with at your whim....you have stripped me of anything I could have been...you have taken from my people their best scholar and one of their healers....you have taken from them one of the few talented mages they have left......so forgive me if I don't feel better when I am surrounded by useless, meaningless treasure..."

She moved up from her stack of books and started to arrange the blankets on her bed.

"Just leave those people be....they will destroy themselves with their greed in only a matter of time..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)   Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next