Roleplay Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place for roleplayers to come together.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am by Erik Daedalus Skorm

» To Dream of Music - (Z and Kumarai only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 am by Kumarai Von Detton

» Carbon Copy - (Z and Artemis only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:57 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Under A Dragon Moon ~~Xnigona and Zeria Only~~
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 5:25 am by Zeria Iiyasei

» Zeria's Soul-Torn Warriors
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» The Red String - (Z and Yoi only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:44 pm by YoiYumeo

» HI I AM A COOL FISH, LOVE ME YO
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm by Kumarai Von Detton

» Burned - (Zeria and Stryker Only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm by Zeria Iiyasei

» Soul Mender - (Zeria and Stryker only)
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm by Stryker

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Zeria Iiyasei
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_vote13Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_voti10Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_vote11 
Caleb
Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_vote13Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_voti10Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_vote11 
Konayuki
Stryker
CarnifexDragon
Warder117
Kira Yamato
Kumarai Von Detton
Elmo
kreamator
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 135 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Erik smirked as he pulled out his sword  his sharp fangs lowering from their sheaths.

"I say we make it interesting and give em one hell of a fight"

He looked over to Wren, simple, sweet Wren who never did fancy violence and bloodshed now look pale at the thought  but surprisingly instead of  running he stood up, his hands balled into fists at his sides, determination set on his jaw.

"Lets do this"

Wren said quite steady and calm. If he was nervous, he did not show it. his eyes scanned the darkness. All of a sudden, the putrid stench of death stole over the area as shadows detached themselves from the trees.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Nocta growled and nodded her head.

"Whatever it is will regret its decision to threaten us"

Us. She never would have thought before that she would care to use an 'us' for anything. Interesting. She'd have to ponder the thought later. She was surprised, however, as Wren steeled himself for battle as well. She was sure that Erik had made it clear the niad did not like bloodshed or combat. She shook the thought away as well. If he wanted to fight, he could fight. It didn't matter to her.

"Prepare yourselves!"

As the stench of death flowed forth and shadows detached themselves from trees to attack, Nocta shot past both Erik and Wren, a blur of black. Her palm slid across the tattoo on her stomach, pulling forth the massive black scythe, and with it, the sounds of screams. She gave a battle cry, swinging her scythe for a vicious curving cut to try and decimate the shadows...
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Erik looked to Wren with a nod, though still quite clearly surprised at his acquiescence to battle. Was wren finally learning how to defend not only himself but others? A trait that belonged not to his peace keeping race. Perhaps he was rubbing off on him... or someone else was.

~

The shadow wraiths surrounded the small company and attacked viciously, their claws slashing at whatever flesh it could find. Horrible screeches rang as Nocta began to decimate most of them but as she sliced another 2 filled its spot.

~

Wren thought of the rusted battle helmet in the water. Would he end up like that lost soul that wore it? alone and forgotten. As a wraith reached out towards him, Erik yelled

"Dont let their claws touch you. These are Darthi.. Shadow wraiths that live in the darkest gates of hell. They are used to weaken an opponent with continuous fighting til they lose enough energy to be overtaken by the one who controls them."

Wren closed his eyes and let off a huge electric bolt before the shadow could fully touch him. All surrounding wraiths screeched as the light flared but more reappeared again.

" Theres no end to them! They just keep coming."

Erik flashed his sword at a reaching hand.

" They will keep coming unless we find the alpha shadow. and we better do it quickly before something else comes along"

Erik began to chant the dark spells his father had taught him to try and take control of a couple Darthi at least to use against the others. His hand trembled and his nose began to bleed but he kept going. Unfocused, a Darthi came up behind to take a swipe at his head...

Wren saw it all in slow motion as it reached for his friend and an anger like he never felt before flared brightly. Bolts of energy began to shoot out from him, his hair standing on end his blue eyes blazing. His hand suddenly morphed into a blade of electricity and he slashed the hand reaching for Erik. The wraith shrieked and others came to its call but like water, he disappeared and reappeared in another area. Water tentacles laced with electricity grew from his body and smashed at whatever it could reach. Suddenly a horn blew and a thundering crash of large footsteps echoed the call. Large ogres and trolls followed each other towards the fight surrounding a large beastly shadow... The Alpha.

Tobias Wren, oblivious, called out to the closest body of water he could find and to the moisture in the earth willing it to gather to him.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 6:30 pm

Nocta swore loudly from behind her mask. Every time she cut one down, 2 more replaced it. Cut down. Replaced. Cut down. Replaced. It was a cycle that was very difficult to deal with. Darthi. As she spun to cut another down, she had to dodge to the side as one of the bolts of energy shot out from Wren and nearly hit her. She wove through the shadows and cut them down as she went, carefully avoiding Wren's attacks.

As the thundering of trolls and ogres, and what could only have been the alpha of the Darthi, echoed in her ears and rippled through the ground at her feed, she decided to pull up her only other option. She reached into a pouch on her hip, grabbing a large handful of bone dust and flinging it into the air around her. Necromantic magick exploded around her, forming an undead company of about 100 creatures.

"Damnit...Wren!"

She propelled a dagger in his direction to stop a darthi from touching him. He was calling on all the water he could find. If he was a niad, as much water as he could have would be enough to tip the battle in their favor. She decided on another tactic as her undead army took up her place slaughtering darthi.

She rammed the base of her scythe into the ground, power blasting around her in such strength that it created a sort of wind that repelled things away from her and even ripped the mask from her face.

"T'ur du gragh, vira'kh menue! I release you to the skies!"

Several hundred of the souls within her scythe exploded out and up to the skies, turning the clouds a stormy dark gray. Thunder roared in the skies...and it began to rain in a torrential downpour...

Nocta dropped to her knees, her scythe clattering to the ground. With the release of souls from her scythe, their agony and rage had been turned into the storm that drenched the battleground...and had taken away from her own strength. She dropped the rest of the way to the ground, black hair splayed around her form. She couldn't fight anymore. It took all she had just to maintain the group of undead that were fighting...
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 5:33 am

Erik had summoned his own undead to join in on the left flank of her own and even he was starting to feel the power drain. He saw Nocta fall from the corner of his eyes

~Damn it~

He thought to himself and fought his way over to her side. Just as a troll was about to smash her, Erik let his corpse army fall. He bit his hand, dropping blood to the ground.  

" A nemmys ooht oneb dloahs!"  

He yelled as a giant dome of bone covered them, stopping the giant hammer from crushing them both.

" Wren! we need to go now!"

Tha large hammer hacked and hacked making cracks in the weakening shield of bone.  It faltered for a moment before breaking. With too much energy spent, it shattered knocking Erik to the ground.

~

Wren heard his name being called, once by Nocta, once by Erik. Regaining some sense at least he turned just as the bone dome broke and he saw both bodies on the ground. He gave a yell as black clouds rolled in, the lake rushing and surging towards him and a torrential downpour falling from the sky by the souls that were summoned.  He lifted his hands and two geysers shot up from the ground, both lifting their bodies into the air and out of reach. The Darthi tried to attack the column of water but it was no use, they kept getting knocked back. The rest of the water  formed under Wrens feet and lifted him skyward in a giant water cyclone. It knocked everything back as he guided himself to the geysers, tearing apart the dark army below. Softly grabbing both Erik and Nocta from the geyser  he put them over each shoulder and directed the cyclone away from the battle.

A loud screech of rage rose on the wind carrying an angry voice.

YOU SHALL NEVER FIND THE BOOK YOU SEEK! WE SHALL DESTROY YOU BEFORE YOU CAN GET TO IT!

When they were as far away as they could possibly get, the cyclone began  to seep back down into the ground. The sky had cleared back to normal, the hurricane like winds now just a cool breeze. Though they rode on water, Erik and Nocta were as dry as Wren was. Once his feet hit the earth, Wrens  blazing eyes went to normal and with a soft groan, he swayed before dropping himself and the other two as the world around him faded to black....
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 am

Though she was not out cold, Nocta was barely conscious. The loss of the souls had torn away a large portion of her strength, taking literally away from the source of her power. Without the souls, she would weaken and be useless. As she lay there, watching the turmoil of Wren's power destroy all around them, and flinched as he hefted her body up onto his shoulder. Her scythe vanished from the ground, returning to the tattoo on her stomach, and as Wren carried them on the geyser to a safer location, she closed her eyes.

When Wren lost consciousness and dropped both her and Erik, she groaned weakly as her body hit the earth. Neither of them were conscious, and she was too weak to do anything to fully protect them. She let her senses flair out, seeking any souls she could find that weren't pure. She was in luck as a small group of bandits drew near the trio, seeking to rob them of all they had. She waited until they got close, pushing herself to her feet, despite the unsteadiness she had.

The bandits laughed at her. They jeered and made sick comments. They threatened her and her two companions. She placed her palm on the tattoo on her stomach...then pulled forth her scythe. Four men laughed at her. Four men charged her. And then four men died in a single arc of the scythe. Their screams joined the rest of the screams, and she felt the energy surge into her body. It wasn't as much as she needed, but it would be enough for the time being.

Nocta returned her scythe to the tattoo once more, then moved to where Wren and Erik lay. She did as Wren had, using the physical strength her body possessed, and hefted them on her shoulders, carrying them until she found a smaller cove in the rock, about 30 feet into the rock face. It wouldn't be much, since it was so small, but it would keep them out of the sunlight. Especially since the sun was starting to glow on the horizon. She set them down as far in as she could, then sat between them. She started to work on her body, un-coagulating her blood. If blood was what Erik needed, she would have to give him the energy to get him going. She would be fine for the time being, enough to get them somewhere with souls to feast upon.

When she was finished with her work, she shivered. It was a weird feeling to have blood flowing in her body again, even if it was not really anything that gave her strength. She pulled Erik's head into her lap, pulling up the sleeve of her bodysuit and slicing a cut into her wrist. She used one hand to hold his mouth open, and placed the bleeding wrist to his lips, letting the blood drip into his mouth. If she could get him to consciousness, he would be able to drink on his own.

"Awaken, Erik...I need your strength to get all of us through this..."
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 10:39 am

Erik hadnt even registered his body being lifted first by Wren and then by their third companion. The corpse army and shield he had created had taken so much out of him. After a time, pictures came into his head... faces. His mother smiling down at him, his father proud amber eyes gleaming as Erik completed a difficult spell. The longer he looked at his his happy parents faces, the more they began to distort and drip like wax. They began to turn into evil things. Suddenly he was running down a hall, scared  and sobbing. He had to get out of there. A terrible agony of a lost loved one tore at his insides. and then he ran into a wall of shadow... a woman patting his head telling him the darkness is where he would be safe. A handsome man that was cut down.. taken from him... his body torn over and over again to death then resurrected only to be tortured again

Unknowingly to him he had gripped a wrist that was above his lips pressing it harder to his mouth..

voices, many voices surrounded him.. villagers screaming  for the filth to die, screaming as some souls were rendered and torn from their bodies being absorbed into a tatoo..

These weren't his own memories!

His eyes snapped open  fangs still out blood still on his lips  and jumped back before he would lose himself to the thirst of which he had trained for millennia to control. His green eyes darted from Nocta to Wren on the ground then to their current surroundings. Four bodies of men lay on the ground, bandits they seemed and dead as door nails. Erik looked at Nocta then the men again touching his lips.

" Did you??.. how did we??... thank you"

He couldnt get out  the full words, his head pounding. He still felt a bit weak but the blood she had given seemed to wake him up at least. He looked to the side at Wrens prone form, gasped and stumbled over towards him, his head spinning

"Oh Gods no dont be I beg"

Color drained from his face as he got to his friends side. He turned him over and frantically tried to feel for a pulse. There it was. He sighed his relief and turned back to Nocta

How did we get here??"

He asked.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 11:24 am

Nocta sat quietly and patiently as Erik came to consciousness, taking long pulls of blood from her. She was surprised when he suddenly stopped, since there was still plenty for him to take to regain his strength. She brushed her fingertips over the bite marks and the cut she'd previously made, the wounds knitting themselves shut.

"Relax. We are temporarily safe, and Wren is alive. He is just physically exhausted. We have him to thank for our lives. He carried us a fair distance after he decimated the rest of the battlefield, via a geyser. I took us the rest of the way here to this jut in the rock face. The sun is rising, and I will need to preserve whatever strength I can"

She looked up as one of her skeletons approached, holding out her mask. She had kept the one skeleton going, even from such a great distance, all because she needed that mask. She secured it to her face to once more hide her features, then glanced to Erik.

"You should drink more. There is no guarantee we will find other food sources. I will not weaken if I lose blood. I just have to find souls within a reasonable period of time. I am not sure what it is Wren requires for sustenance, but it can be obtained"

Nocta held her wrist out to him.

"Drink. I need you to be strong and at as full of strength as you can be until both Wren and I can gain our own strength back..."
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Erik sat and listened to her, his jaw dropping. He didn't know Wren contained so much raw power considering he was such a peaceful being. He felt ashamed in fact since it was because of him that Wren was put through all this and he felt responsible for his well being. He took off his cloak and placed it gently under Wren's head and went back towards Nocta. He didn't know if he could stand witnessing more of her inner turmoil and memories but he needed the strength. He took her proffered wrist with a nod and drank from her once more.

Once he had enough strength, he pulled back, licking the rest of the blood from his lips and thanked her again. He looked around at the jutting rocks. Not much provided the darkness she would need to regain her strength. There were a few giant boulders in the shape of a tent but still brought in the light. He had an idea. He walked over to Wren and gently lifted him from the ground and carried him towards two such jutting rocks and, placing him inside beckoned for Nocta to follow. He didn't tell her about the visions he had seen as he fed on her blood and tried to forget them as they were not his own. Once they were both under the point of the two rocks, Erik spoke.

" There isn't much cover here for you to regain your strength but I have an idea. Since you gave me strength, I could help create a place of darkness for you. I can also go out and bring you back more souls. It's the least I can do for your help.".

With a simple Earth spell, Erik created a back rock and a front one, keeping Wren and Nocta sheltered within. When he was done he retrieved his cloak and headed off.

Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 pm

The memories were definitely not pleasant. From the horror of finding her family in a state of gore splattered around the walls and floor, to Gideon's torture of her and her beloved for weeks, to losing her voice screaming as Gideon gutted Mikael in front of her, to the pain of all the horrible things he did to her. The memories stopped with her first choking breaths of being risen from the dead. Nocta sat back when he was finished, her eyes closed.

"You are welcome. If I can be of assistance, I am happy to do so"

When Erik provided a place for her to rest, she moved to it, sitting down next to Wren and nodding to Erik as he closed them in and left. There was nothing to do but wait for his return...
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 4:17 pm

Wren's breathing increased as he began to turn pale.  he muttered out in his delirium, his body spasming in short jolts every  few moments.

"No....not her. Take me.... take...mmmmn"  

he shivered more then fell quiet

~

The Wolf sniffed again, following the unwashed smell of man. it came upon a small hamlet. Shouts and screams  of women and children echoed off the small huts. the wolf lay down on its stomach and inched forward in an army crawl until  it got to a window. It peered inside just enough to still keep hidden and met a gruesome scene. Four females, two adults two children, were chained against the wall stripped completely naked welts and cuts all over their bodies. one was face preseed against the wall as a man took her from behind, raping her hard, so hard in fact her face kept hitting the wall. When she tried to move her head  to the left, the man gripped her hair and smashed her face hard against the wall breaking her nose. Blood ran down the wall.

" Oh man this bitch's cunt totally clenched when her face connected  to the wall. so tight!  perhaps I should do it again lads what do you think?"

The other men in the room laughed and roared their approval. One of the men detached themselves from the back and walked up to the 12 year old girl not even in her womanhood yet. She was watching the man rape her mom in horror, tears streaming down her face. she screamed as the man came up to her  and entered into her.  It lasted for a few moments however when a blur entered from the right and a loud thunk was heard along  with a whistling sound. Everyone was silent and turned to look as the man, still inserted in the child went shock straight  and fell out of her and to the ground, headless. The handle of a sword that was quivering back and forth held the mans head. There was a yell as the group of men pulled out their arms, some holding them close to the captive females. Their eyes searched frantically for the one who dared spoil their fun. a soft voice could be heard chanting and a light started to seep and fly out of the dead mans body, it flew to the window and towards the now audible voice and into a jar held by an outstretched hand. The light  was bright enough to light the feral face with long sharp fangs and blazing green eyes.

Pandemonium.  The lights all went out. Men screamed as they were gutted and and smalls spheres of light  flared from all over into the jar. then silence. As the light slowly came on the four that were still chained chanced a glance and saw a lone figure now holding a sword and a jar, blood all over him but even more disturbing was the blood at his mouth and the long teeth. He walked slowly towards them, and raise the sword high. The ladies ducked in fear and heard a loud clank.. When one chanced to look up, there was nothing  there but a pile of clean clothes. They looked down to their chains and realized that they were broken. Once dressed, the little girl ran to the window to see if she could see the one that saved them. She didn't see anything. She was pulling her head back in when she noticed the oddest prints in the mud. The started off as  human but then  further up it looked like the paw of an animal...

Erik came up to the rock cave and knocked once

I'm back"

he said and slowly dropped the front part of the cave. He looked at Nocta and held out a jar of swarming souls.

Last edited by Erik Daedalus Skorm on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Nocta grew increasingly more worried the longer Erik was gone. The silence, though something she was used to thanks to all the time she'd traveled alone, unnerved her a bit. She worried for the other necromancer, concerned that he had still not taken enough. With a sigh, she shook her head. She needed to keep her mind clear, and so, she chose to recite her mantra.

"Death is a cycle...we live...we die...we live...we die...death is inevitable...a thing to be both revered and feared...an inescapable reality...nothing can save us from death..."

The distressed muttering of Wren made her stop, and she looked to him. He seemed in rough shape still. With a frown, she moved over and pulled his head into her lap, brushing his hair out of his face. He was pale and seemed almost cold. Nocta sat in silence for a few minutes, simply observing him. He was not unappealing. In fact, he was physically very attractive. But he was far too innocent for the world he'd been thrust into. She worried for him. Worried that someday, he would end up like she was...cold, cynical, and dead inside.

Absentmindedly, she began to stroke his hair, humming softly to herself. It was a slow and sad sound, like a lonely memory, a lamentation of times gone. When she finished the song, she sat back against the rock wall, and closed her eyes. She was tired. So tired. It wasn't until she heard Erik's return that she opened her eyes. Souls. He had a jar of souls. Tainted and filthy souls. Perfect. Since Wren was still unconscious, and his head in her lap, she reached for the jar and put it at her side.

"I will consume them shortly. He is restless even in this unconscious state. I am worried"
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:06 am

He didn't realize that his head was pulled into her lap but when she started to stroke his hair and hum, his mumblings began to cease and his heart rate was steady once more. Instinctively his hand raised weakly and cupped her hand to his face for a moment as it passed by then dropped back down to the ground...

~

Erik came in and watched her place the jar by her side and noticed that Wren's head lay in her lap. This was the first time she had showed any kind of worry for any of them since they met her. No two personalities more different yet brought together in a strange circumstance. It reminded him a bit of his younger years and the cold cynical woman assassin, friend of his sister that he had won over with patience, kindness and love.  Her words worried him as well.

" There was a sacred river I passed on my way to get you your souls. When I walked by, I sensed its power.

He pulled out a vial from his pocket. It was glowing with both the deepest and lightest blue. It faded and glowed in a continual pattern.

Perhaps if we get him to drink this, it would help. Here, help me lift him to a sitting position."

Once they got him up, Erik  put the top of the vial to his mouth and and pulled out the stopper. He was about to tip the contents into Wrens mouth but stopped noticing in the light of the glow, a rip in Wrens shirt on the ribs. He  lifted the shirt and winced as it revealed a deep claw mark that went from his ribcage to his back.

Darthi!

he growled in anger

" One of them managed to get to him. I was afraid of this. The longer the wound seeps and isn't treated, the more the soul gets twisted. I can slow the process with a spell my father taught me but to completely rid him of the darkness I would need that spell book. I can only hope we get it in time before the full corruption takes him over.

Erik chanted softly  placing his hand on the wound. It smoked and cauterized, dark wisps trailing into the air. When he was done, only  pink lines showed over almost completely new skin. He put the vial top to Wren's lips and tilted his head back making sure he got every  sip. Once that was done he laid him back down again onto her lap. Now all that was left to do was play the waiting game.

Hey Nocta? Did you notice that when Wren fought in his raw power state, that even then he attacked in defense and not for the kill? Like he avoided spilling blood even then? I worry that if he should ever take a life fully, he will lose himself to a place so deep he wouldn't be able to come back. People tend to see innocence as a weakness and do all they can to exploit it but in all honesty, I wouldn't want him to change who he is. We need more light and love in this world and his is pure to all extent. Perhaps I should teach him ways to incapacitate an enemy rather than kill.

~

Wren stirred at that moment, opened his eyes and with some extra effort, got into a sitting position. He saw Erik and Nocta and smiled at them both and scratched the side of his aching head.

"Did we win?"

Erik couldn't help it and he let out a laughing sigh of relief and pulled Wren into a hug.

Yeah we did man. Thanks to you. You saved our lives. I am in your debt."
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 am

Nocta sat silently through everything. She had no words to share. Nothing of importance. The water, however, was a blessing. She lifted Wren in order to help Erik better give him said water, but frowned at the recognition of the Darthi. He was in trouble. The corruption would spread. It would taint the fibers of Wren's soul. It was dangerous. Though Erik had the ability to slow the process, she wasn't sure if it could work. She had an idea of her own. With a sigh, she looked to him.

"When Wren was carrying us out, I heard something in the wind. I believe it was the head Darthi. It screamed that we would never find the book we seek. I think that will be our first clue"

She moved as Wren finally woke, blinking and re-adjusting her mask on her face so it was secure. Nocta sighed, shaking her head as the two males hugged. She rose to her feet, taking the jar with her and retreating to the back wall of their little cove. The sound of screams filled the air as she drew her scythe from the tattoo on her body. It quickly absorbed the souls, and the change was visible in Nocta. Her aura strengthened, the bags under her eyes disappeared, and seemed a bit more physically vibrant. Once finished, she stowed her scythe away once more, the silence greeting them, and she turned back to the men.

"I am prepared to move out when you are. I have no injuries that will need treating. I am regenerating quickly"

The souls helped. Already, the small wounds on her body were knitting themselves back together, the bruises fading entirely. She had already re-coagulated the blood in her body after Erik had taken his fill.

"I wish to move quickly"

Nocta's mind silently processed how to save Wren's soul from the Darthi's hold. She toyed with the concept that she could use her own abilities to possibly pluck out parts of his soul when they became tainted. It would further slow the process, which would give them more time to find the book that Erik was searching for.
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:18 am

Erik wanted to let Wren rest a bit more but he knew Nocta was right. The sooner they got to finding the book the better.

"This really worries me. Either the Head Darthi was bluffing, or they found and moved it. It was rumored to be buried deep below the Nihonjai Desert after it was taken from my father. The sand people were crafty and had many hidden tunnels beneath the sand with impossible labyrinths and traps. I say we start there. I shudder to think what the book will do in the demons hands but its either to check their first or somehow apprehend that head Darthi.

Wren saw her look and heard her sigh as they hugged. He let him go quickly as a small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. He staggered slowly to his feet

"Well what are we waiting for?"

he said slowly walking towards the opening of the formation.

Erik smiled and shrugged. If there was one thing about Wren, it was his will to go on and never give up no matter how much he hurt or needed rest. He admired that most of all. He nodded toward Nocta and dropped the spell of earth and headed towards the east towards the desert.

Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Nocta remained silent as ever. It seemed she still had no words to give them, even though she still contemplated and tossed her idea around in her mind. The terrain changed as they went. She wasn't at full strength. Any travel they did in sunlight made her weaken. She took souls sparingly, taking only those of the tainted sort, which were unfortunately few in quantity. If they had to fight, she wasn't sure she'd be able to do much.

It wasn't until several days later that she bothered to speak at all, and it was only when she felt a small pulse of negative energy. She frowned. What was it? Coming to a halt, Nocta looked around. It was hard to pinpoint the source. She tensed and kept up her guard, but began to move again, eyes scanning their surroundings more intently. When it suddenly disappeared, she sighed inwardly, keeping her senses expanded to watch for it, but kept walking.

"Tell me more about these Darthi. I can see that they are made of negative energy, but do they have a soul?"

She didn't know much about them, but if she could eat them, it would make things a lot easier...
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 7:53 pm

As the days slowly slipped away, Erik kept his eyes on Wren. Nocta had refused to speak to either of them since their departure and He kept his silence towards her as well, knowing that when the time came when she wanted to talk to them, she would. He got this nagging doubt in his mind as he watched his friends  vitality slowly drain. When he thought noone was watching, Wren would stare towards the ground in a contemplative state, walking slower than normal as his soft yet firm hands pressed over his wounded ribcage. He had tried to make conversation a couple times to ease the tension, but Wren would only nod in non committal gestures. He hoped he was ok...

Wren walked slowly behind Erik and Nocta lost in thought. Was he just a weak link?? was he slowing them down? It seemed  those two had more in common what with Eriks undead heritage. What could he really offer this team?. He remembered the visions, dark and taunting, unable to call out to his friends to see if they were ok. He had seen only darkness but then heard a melody from a distance that had seemed to dispel the darkness if only for a short while. and then he was gazing up at his friends. and yet, the doubts didnt seem to fade. his body dragged like dead weight. He tried to be upbeat if not for Nocta's then Erik's sake but she had ignored them as if they werent there. He didnt know why he cared so much that she did. He couldnt remember when he started to  pity himself. What the hell was wrong with him?? He stopped for a moment, bent over and grimaced a bit as a strange hatred and evil coursed through him. His eyes bulged  and he gasped but he was way behind for the other two to notice. after a moment the feeling faded but his body trembled as he continued on...

Erik looked up quick at the question. It had been routine how they traveled in silence most of the time that the sound of another voice  startled him a bit before he answered.

The Darthi are souless shadows of an ancient evil. The darkness and destruction is all they crave. There is always a head Darthi in control of all others, if they did have souls, it would be in the grip of the one who controls them. It is said and rumored that  Head Darthi are  created out of a tortured and mutilated Fallen Angel by the demons of the Abyss.... and thats why they are extremely hard to kill.  The only way to  get rid of the Darthi is to kill the head Darthi that controls them. I dont know much more than that and I dont know if the rumors are true or not. Not much is known about them. Guess we learn the more we see of them. In fact I think  the Darthi make any asshole here on earth and other realms look like a saint."
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Nocta frowned behind her mask. Soulless. That meant they would more difficult. She let her mind wander momentarily, before shaking her head.

"I can assure you I have seen worse in my journeys"

She rapidly shoved away the influx of memories that had tried to spring forth and remind her of Gideon, not wanting to deal with them. They were a curse. And she refused to acknowledge them.

"The head darthi seems formidable from what you say. But if he is holding all of those souls, then I will make quick work of him"

Her pace picked up until she was walking alongside Erik, rather than at the back of the group where she'd been for the trip thus far, and patted the tattoo on her stomach. A soul-sucking scythe, one that sang a symphony of screams, and was a weapon like no other. Nocta had hand-crafted it, ensuring the pure power of the thing. It was a terror to behold, and it had often amazed those who had come across her path that its song had not driven her insane.

"I will eat them. The head darthi is sure to weaken when he is stripped of his power sources. In that sense, we are similar. If we lose the souls, we weaken. Though an odd version of it, I am undead. At my full strength, I will be able to combat this Darthi creature. I will get you your book. If it will aid me in my quest for life, then that will be all I require, and then the book is yours for the keeping. Though regardless of whether it helps me or not, it is yours"

She took a brief glance over her shoulder at Wren. He was trying to pretend nothing was wrong. She knew it. And Nocta didn't like it. But she didn't have time to ponder the thought. She suddenly shot multiple leaps ahead of Erik, the scythe being pulled from her flesh with the song of screams, and spun to swing it in a vicious arc. A shriek joined the screams as a creature appeared before them. It staggered away from Nocta, long claws gripping the massive gash across its torso. It was a Daeva, a creature of shadow invisible to the eye. But it always left a shadow. And thanks to Nocta, it had lost a meal. Three meals to be precise. It hissed at her, cursing in Daeva tongue. Nocta gave a wicked chuckle, returning the words in the same language.

"Your shadow is your bane. My eyes will always see you"

It cursed her, making horrendous screeching sounds before it seemed to wink out of existence. At least until those claws came down from above her. Nocta reached up, grabbing the wrist of the creature to force it back into both visibility and solidity, throwing it to the ground at her feet and pinning her boot to its throat.

"You have made a mistake in attacking me, daeva"

It disappeared from underneath her boot and she swore softly, on her guard to search for it. She had felt it earlier. That's how she'd known it had been there. That's how she'd known to seek out anything that seemed out of place. When the pattern of cloud shadows had been changed far too quickly, she'd prepared for the attack and struck. Now she had to find it again before it got close enough to her. She checked her own shadow. Nothing. The shadows of the trees and grass and path. Nothing. The cloud patterns were normal. She frowned. Where had it gone?

She turned to warn Erik and Wren about the creature, but never spoke the words. Her scythe was launched far too rapidly, headed towards Wren. Nocta shot towards him just as her scythe struck the daeva. It had gone to Wren's shadow. She grabbed Wren's shoulder, shoving him out of the way and gripping her scythe. The daeva squirmed, unable to free itself from the blade that completely pierced it through. It shrieked and desperately clawed at the thing to get away. Nocta knelt down over it, her hand wrapping around it's throat.

"You know something. Spill it"
"Nothiiiiinggg! Nothiiiingg!"

She dug the blade harder into the creature, ignoring the shriek. It was simply more noise to join the screams of her scythe.

"I said...spill it..."
"Bookkkk. Not finddd. Coldd. Deadd. No liffeee"

She growled, digging the blade in further still.

"No livvve! No livvveee!!! Eassssttt! EAASSSTTTT!"

Nocta's fury exploded around her in dark pulsing energies.

"I SAID TO SPILL THE INFORMATION I REQUIRE!"

It lashed out at her, claws coming across her face, knocking the mask away and leaving ribbons of blood cut into her flesh. The scythe made quick work in dispatching the creature, leaving only a dark mark on the ground where the daeva had been. Nocta did not rise from the ground, choking on her own breath. Blood made a slow drip from her face to the ground, her hair shielding her face from sight. Her voice was hoarse.

"East. We are to go east. It knew something. It mentioned a book and no life. We go...east..."

She reached up to touch the wounds on her face. How long had it been since she had been marked on the face? Nothing had stripped her mask from her before. Pain. She felt pain. She had never fully returned her body to lifelessness. She had left some of her blood flowing so that Erik could be aided if they were attacked. How strange to think that she had been the one attacked instead. She swallowed hard, reaching to grab the handle of her scythe so that it stowed itself once more inside the tattoo. She didn't look up. She just sat there. But she did speak.

"Wren.....are you alright...?"
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Erik was quick to draw his sword the instant he heard the noise, standing in a defense pose but loosened up  as  he saw Nocta battle the strange shadow. He didnt think she would appreciate the fact if he tried to step in and help so he relaxed a bit although he kept  his hand close to the hilt, his fangs slightly out in a snarl. His brow raised in silent admiration as he watched her work. His eyes slid over to Wren after Nocta shoved him to the side to make sure he didnt do anything stupid and kept back and his eyes widened in shock as he did a double take. He hoped it was a trick of the light but he could have sworn that Wrens hypnotically intense sapphire happy eyes were covered with black. His hand crackled with electricity and his face had somewhat of a grin yet it seemed slightly sadistic. He started to move slowly in a weird twitchy way towards Nocta's back as if posessed. When Erik followed his gaze, he realized that Wren wasnt looking at the shadow Nocta was fighting, but at Nocta herself. Before he could shout out a warning to Nocta, Erik heard her ask Wren is he was ok.

"Im fine geeze! what is it with you and Erik always asking if I'm ok like im too stupid and innocent and incompetent of protecting myself or you guys!"

he said rather harshly as the black in his eyes filled, completely blocking out the white and then disappearing before either Erik or Nocta had a chance of really seeing it. Once his blue eyes came back, he realized his hand was crackling with energy and he looked down at it shaking his head a bit confused. He balled his fist putting the electricity out and looked back up. He saw Erik looking at him with something like what was it? shock? worry?. He smiled big  his normal fun loving self and tried to ease whatever tension was around them

"The east it is"

He said with a big goofy grin biting his lower lip gently and winking slyly at Nocta like a man in love

~~~

A soft manaical laugh echoed through the trees...
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:13 am

Furious. She was furious. She'd saved his life, and yet he had chosen to be angry at her for it. A soft growl left her lips, barely audible, and she clenched her teeth and fists. What the hell? Was he so stupid as to not realize what she had done for him? No. He didn't know the extent of things. The Daeva would have killed him mercilessly and devoured him, body and soul. It would have torn at all of them. If she hadn't noticed the creature, they would all be dead. And because Nocta had saved him...she had taken damage.

Blood still dripped down her face from the 5 claw ribbons gouged into her flesh. Her body worked to try and repair the damage, though it was a slow process thanks to the lack of souls she had consumed in their journey. She lifted her hand back to her face, a frown on her lips. Blood had already gotten on her hands. It made a steady drip onto the ground from her face. She knew Erik would smell it. There was no way he wouldn't. He was powerful, and the vampire in him would know. She wished that he wouldn't.

Drip. She had to make them leave. Showing weakness wasn't allowed. Nocta swallowed hard and opened her mouth to speak. The voice that came out was a bit strained.

"Go on ahead of me..."

Drip.

"I will join you shortly..."

Drip.

"I need to rest a moment and contemplate the words of that creature..."

Drip.

"I would like to be alone..."

Her mask still lay a few feet away from her on the ground, partially damaged. She couldn't reach it.....not like she would be able to wear it anyway. She had to heal the wounds first.
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 5:32 pm

His grin started to fade slowly as he studied Nocta, the way her voice sounded, the way she told them to go on ahead. Each drop of blood that hit the ground made Wren wince as if it was his own wound. Did he say something wrong? he was so confused. Why had she looked so furiously at him. it was enough to tear him up inside. And even in her rage, she was so immensely beautiful to him. He wanted to comfort her. To hold her in his arms  and take away whatever pain eclipsed her soul. No matter what she said.. he believed she still had a soul. He started walking towards her when Erik grabbed his arm and spun him around to face him sharply, his eyes like slits his fangs partway out of their sheathes. The smell of blood  was tantalizing to his senses but he resisted the urge wanting to set his friend straight. It was so unlike Wren to be so mean.

"I think it's best you leave her alone right now Tobias"

Erik said rather angrily.

Wren looked up at his friend. Not once since they had been together, had Erik said his first name... especially in such a way as he did now.

" Whoa Erik. are you... mad at me? Whats going on?? First Nocta looks at me like she wants to burn me alive and now you are angry with me? What is going on?" what did I do??"

Erik looked at him as if he were insane.

" Are you kidding me right now? Because honestly it  would be very rude at this point to be joking around. Did you not just see that Nocta saved your life?? and to top it off, you backlash on her for doing so then act like a love sick puppy the next minute"

Wrens mouth started to tremble and drop open as if he had no idea what Erik was talking about.

Erik released his arm, throwing it down rather unpleasantly,turned his back on him for a moment, then turned back around eyeing him

" Dude your either a genius actor or you don't know what the hell I'm talking about."

Erik watched as a series of emotions rushed through Wren's face the most prudent being hurt

~

this was just too perfect. The creature watched as the woman became infuriated with the blue haired man. It savored the look of hurt of the man, feeding on the sorrow within him.

~

'But Erik... I dont know what your talking about. The last thing I remembered was leaving camp and heading East as we agreed. I never saw an attack."

Is that why she was wounded... saving me? he thought to himself for he did see the ribbons of blood and the dripping it left on the Earth.

Erik pierced Wrens eyes with his own, gauging his sincerity. He could tell when people or creatures were lying and in this case, Wren was being truthful. Erik frowned as he remembered the briefest eyes of black and how Wren spoke before and after that. Was it possible his memory was wiped? It would be hard for such a creature as Wren to fall prey to such things. But then again  it was a race against time to get the darkness out of him.

"Maybe you really dont know"

Erik said more to himself then anyone.

He looked back to Wren

" All the same, I think we should give Nocta her distance, she seems really upset right now.  And I got to step away to feed.This blood smell is getting to me. Don't do anything stupid.. I'll be right back"

Dont do anything stupid.. indeed!. He would not let her get away so easily. He would fight everyday if it meant shed one day be his. He would take whatever she dished out at him as he deserved it. Making up his mind, he picked up her partially broken mask, strode over to her and made sure to look right in her eyes. He placed a cool hand on her face, letting his healing magic was over her, closing the wound. Even if she wanted to punch him, he would gladly take it. His other hand still clasped the mask. Why would she cover such a face with  it anyway?  He couldnt resist. Once the wounds were sealed he dropped her mask at her feet, cupped his other hand on her other cheek, gripped her tight and kissed her lips fully and hard. It was the least he could do for her saving his life.
Back to top Go down
Zeria Iiyasei
Admin
Zeria Iiyasei

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Theme Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl8f2mWB6X8

No!

The harsh sound of flesh hitting flesh echoed as Nocta's palm came across Wren's cheek. Nocta practically threw herself away from him, on her feet as the last of the wound on her face sealed itself, her expression a mixture of horror and rage. She trembled, her fists clenched, head bowed. Her voice was like ice - cold, vicious ice.

"How...dare you..."

She was livid. That was his thanks - to yell at her, then have the audacity to just kiss her without her permission? He was lucky she hadn't killed him on the spot. She spun on her heel and started to storm away, negative energy rippling around her form. She was done. No more. No more of his foolish innocence. No more of his pity. Nocta would have no more of it. She would hear no protests or apologies; she just...ran...without looking back.

At some point, she stopped running, collapsing to the ground some distance away. She choked back a sob, her entire body shaking. He'd made her remember things she didn't want remember. The shock of when Gideon forcefully kissed her, and each time he forced her to do so. All of the things he'd forced her to do...the things he'd taken from her...it had flooded back all in a single moment. She felt sick. Her body remembered the violation. And she couldn't stop the flood of tears.

Nocta wished so badly for death in that moment, and yet knew she couldn't have it. She had to get a real body back. She had to become fully alive...so that she could finally end her own life...
Back to top Go down
Erik Daedalus Skorm

Erik Daedalus Skorm

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am

Wren took the hit full with no regrets  not even turning to water form, feeling it connect to his flesh and bone as he felt he deserved every bit of it. What he wasnt ready for however was biting into his cheek as the hit connected. He turned his head to the side and spit out blue blood but then returned his gaze to her retreating back and watched as she left him. He started to get up thinking he had the strength to stand but that hit was more than he thought it would be and he swayed a bit before falling to the ground again. His face began to swell as a red hand mark began to form where she had struck him, throbbing with intense pain. Maybe he couldnt get through to her... whatever she had suffered and endured... he didnt know why he even continued to try. Perhaps it was just the need for him to try and make things better for people. Perhaps he should have stayed in the boring flow of his reality. He told himself he wouldnt feel bad for himself but a single tear was all he shed for her and as it hit the ground, he forced himself to stand one last time. He took a step in her direction then stopped. Erik had been right... he should have just left her alone. Well thats what he was going to do. Shaking his head he left for the other direction to sort his thoughts...

Erik was at a camp, the bandits mercilessly raping a woman before their firepit. Every time she would try to fight the guy off, he would press her close to the fire, letting her hair and face get singed.He took turns with his buddies,as they all laughed at their merry making. Erik flashstepped up to the one with his back towards him and like a viper, went for the juggular. the man screamed but was dead before he hit the ground. he flashstepped again and came at another direction as the his men started screaming one by one. the main man slid his still wet strudel from the woman and eyed her angrily. "What is this devil work you do! he screamed and slapped her so hard she fell to the ground. Erik materialized in front of him putting himself between him and the woman. He looked over at her, face dripping with blood, fangs unsheathed his eyes glowing.

"Go"

he growled at her. He faced the main baddie with an evil smirk.  Then lunged tearing out his throat.

The shadow had followed her, delighting in the way she had hit that soft liver lillied being and feeding on her negativity and torture as she tore through the woods.When she came to stop and sobbed. once she was drained he would have control...

When he was finished burning the bodies, Erik turned to wolf form and started to head back by another route. Fully sated, he took his time with a soft run under the glowing moon. After a good hour, his keen ears picked up a sound of sobbing. Cautiously he padded over, thinking it might be the woman that was being raped. He eyed the one sobbing and realized it was Nocta ~what are you doing this far out~ he thought to her, his nose touching her arm. A s it hit the blood all at once her memories became his own.he felt the pain, the abuse, of the man that had tortured her. up to her last thoughts with Wren, his lips brushing her not to hard or forceful but intently, to her hitting his lights out.

~Damnit~  he thought to himself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)   Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Et Mortis Amor (Z and Erik only)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay Sanctum :: Fantasy Roleplaying :: Fantasy Roleplays-
Jump to: